Taco not practicing today

Status
Not open for further replies.

John813

Reaction score
But it's easier to make that pick when the DC is also backing it. In other words, I suspect if Marinelli wanted no part of Charlton, he probably wouldn't have been picked.

For sure that could of been a real possibility.

I know McClay sold the team on LVE the following year and that worked out. So, even if McClay had some independent pull for Taco his record elsewise is quite good.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Exactly. This was a top to bottom organizational failure.

And I don't think we can really say who deserves the most blame, but again, when your title is senior director of college/pro personnel, then the blame should start with you ... just like most of us give McClay credit for all the draft picks who have been successful.

Unless we want to give Garrett or Wade Wilson credit for us drafting Dak Prescott in the fourth round, for example, we should not be giving Marinelli the blame for us drafting Charlton.

Carson

Reaction score
I see the bums that get traded for 6th and 7ths.

It’s amazing he cannot get us a 6th back

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah and I love McClay. He’s going to lose some. His batting percentage is still better than most. But I find it laughable that Maranelli is getting the blame for him lol.

Right. I'm not trying to call McClay out on it. If you are a GM (even if you don't have the title) and have never made a bad draft pick, then you should be enshrined in the hall immediately.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
it was a bad pick at the time was a reach a huge reach but the were kinda desperate at defensive end and that what u get when you make desperation picks

glimmerman

Reaction score
He is gone. Not even practicing. We are paying him first round money to stay home now.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Funny, just an hour ago he said Charlton, Redmond or Schultz.

Man, he is so plugged in it is just crazy.
Mike Fisher- "I guess we can say this, that based on their record the Miami Dolphins are not a very good football team. You heard that hear first on 105.3 The Fan. Don't let Bristol convince you otherwise." He says crap like this all the time. Spagnola would be praising Taco and would chastise any fan that disagrees. "Well, what have YOU done?"

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah and I love McClay. He’s going to lose some. His batting percentage is still better than most. But I find it laughable that Maranelli is getting the blame for him lol.
I blame marinelli for not getting the most out of a player that was given to him. He's supposed to be this defensive line guru and can't have a 1st round pick make the team lol.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If that was true, teams would be trying to trade for him to avoid a bidding war.

They're not. He's a scrub who made a few plays against backup backups in the preseason. Not to mention a complete malcontent and moron.

You rid yourself of filth like this guy.
I mean if you are a team why even try to trade when you know we are going to release him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I see the bums that get traded for 6th and 7ths.

It’s amazing he cannot get us a 6th back

Yeah, I've never quite understood that. The Eagles seem to trade just about any player they no longer want, but no one wants to deal with Trader Jerry.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
it was a bad pick at the time was a reach a huge reach but the were kinda desperate at defensive end and that what u get when you make desperation picks

It was not a reach. He was graded in the first by almost every draft reference.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I blame marinelli for not getting the most out of a player that was given to him. He's supposed to be this defensive line guru and can't have a 1st round pick make the team lol.
The thing with Taco is he's not even good enough to play. Even when he was on the field he was lost. He's not even a 7th round pick!!!! Should have never been drafted in the 1st round. There is a lot of blame to go around for this one. Hot Rod, Will, Jones, Red.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Another W for Marinelli.

At what point do McClay and the Jones tell Marinelli to pipe the hell down in draft meetings?

Enough out of you, old man.

In all fairness, most of his other whiffs didn't involve premium draft choices.

Since he's been with the team, here are some of the d-linemen drafted

2013: No D-linemen
2014: Demarcus Lawrence (traded up in 2nd round, cost us a 3rd) and a few 7th round scrubs in Ben Gardner and Ken Bishop
2015: Randy Gregory in the second and Ryan Russell in the 5th. Gregory obvioulsy has the talent, just a matter of staying on the field. Russell for a 5th round pick, wasn't that bad of a miss.
2016: Charles Tapper in the 4th. Would've liked more from Tapper here, but he was an okay risk for a 4th round pick.
2017: Taco Charlton in the first and Joey Ivie and Jordan Carrell in the 7th. Taco was a bad pick...really bad. Several quality players at multiple need positions taken right after him. Njoku, Watt, Baker, all would have filled immediate needs. Ivie is the one everyone gives Marenelli **** for, and I get it, his reaction to this guy who lasted all of 5 minutes is funny, but it's really not that big of a deal.
2018: No D-linemen
2019: Tyrsten Hill in the second, Joe Jackson in the 5th and Jalen Jelks in the 7th. Hill isn't off to a good start and imo, we should have drafted Juan Thornhill, but it's still early for Hill and Jackson *may* develop into something

He undoubtedly whiffed on Taco and may have missed on Hill, but most of the misses prior to this were low risk resources

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right. I'm not trying to call McClay out on it. If you are a GM (even if you don't have the title) and have never made a bad draft pick, then you should be enshrined in the hall immediately.
Right. And it was a late first. You should still get more out of that pick even if he is a bust but I’d much rather bust on that pick than I would a top pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.