Taco seems to have bust written all over him

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Dont care what he does or doesn't do in preseason. Week 1 hes playing a statue in the pocket. If he cant touch Eli fahgetaboutit

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still no spice. Soft. Soggy. He seems to have bust written all over him. He needs to step it up!!!!

Taco is already a partial bust because he should have contributed more by now.

Having said that, Taco was good in this preseason game.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Do not let RM have any say on any future picks...Taco is a bust and I am willing to bet Hill will a bust...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Another thread demonstrating people watching games have no idea what they are looking at.

Taco was the best DL last game.

I thought he and Hyder both looked good, and we also got some good plays from Jelks, Jackson and Armstrong. I would have liked to see more pass rush from Armstrong, though.

Verdict

Reaction score
Do not let RM have any say on any future picks...Taco is a bust and I am willing to bet Hill will a bust...

I didn’t like the Taco pick. I wasn’t crazy about Hill as a 2nd round pick considering he didn’t start for his own team and had trouble with his coaching staff.

The team stressed that Hill was very athletic for a big man (I’m not sure what that is based on) but it’s pretty early on. It sounds like another one high risk/high reward pick and also a reach because of need.

Pollard is a similar cat in that he didn’t start or wasn’t the primary ball carrier for his own team and he fell to the 4th round which is about right to stat taking flyers on players.

I am not against Hill but this sort of smells like a reach based on need rather than BPA. When we haven’t gone BPA, we haven’t fared too well, historically.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Still no spice. Soft. Soggy. He seems to have bust written all over him. He needs to step it up!!!!
Like Bryan Broaddus said when they drafted him. They didn't feel he'd be a 10 sack plus guy they felt he would become an 8-9 sack guy. The player comparison was Carlos Dunlap who played for the Bengals. He's not a bust. He needs playing time . He plays the run well and he can get some sacks but guys like Gregory and armstrong are just more dynamic.

garyv

Reaction score

He offers nothing to this team except a roster spot. He lacks in all areas. I could find someone on the free agent wire that's better.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I didn’t like the Taco pick. I wasn’t crazy about Hill as a 2nd round pick considering he didn’t start for his own team and had trouble with his coaching staff.

The team stressed that Hill was very athletic for a big man (I’m not sure what that is based on) but it’s pretty early on. It sounds like another one high risk/high reward pick and also a reach because of need.

Pollard is a similar cat in that he didn’t start or wasn’t the primary ball carrier for his own team and he fell to the 4th round which is about right to stat taking flyers on players.

I am not against Hill but this sort of smells like a reach based on need rather than BPA. When we haven’t gone BPA, we haven’t fared too well, historically.

I read our BPA in the 2nd was Connor McGovern.

Plus, I don't think anyone goes true BPA. We certainly wouldn't have used that pick on say, a guy who is projected as a starting RB.

Verdict

Reaction score
I read our BPA in the 2nd was Connor McGovern.

Plus, I don't think anyone goes true BPA. We certainly wouldn't have used that pick on say, a guy who is projected as a starting RB.

Well, would you rather have another Zeke as a backup (great luxury) or a busy and a wasted pick? I’ll take the good player at a position of riches every time.

Verdict

Reaction score
The OT literally had to take two penalties to keep him from making plays.

No sacks against backups/camp bodies? One sack all last year. And he is the guy you are selecting to represent you in trial by combat? (GOT Reference).

Verdict

Reaction score
....I guess I'll be single man out here. I thought Taco did a descent job Vs niners. Most of the time he got good push, was near the QB a number of times. He wasn't standing room only on the LOS. He's not the best or worst. Still worth the keep, if they cant find someone better.

Time will tell.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
No sacks against backups/camp bodies? One sack all last year. And he is the guy you are selecting to represent you in trial by combat? (GOT Reference).

He impacted the game. I'll take two 10 yard holding penalties over a sack. Either way you are moving the offense backwards.

Verdict

Reaction score
He impacted the game. I'll take two 10 yard holding penalties over a sack. Either way you are moving the offense backwards.

Glad to see you are high on him. How many sacks do you have him getting this year?