Twitter: Tad Prescott - When your little Brother gets the Call

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Come on guys, how do you expect Tad to take care of his family if the brother he mooches off isn't making 40+ million a year? Have a heart!

P.S. Get a job, Tad.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Right, players like
Dak
Jaylon
Zeke
could care less about ever winning a SB.
They already won.
I agree with you.

I don’t see the same competitive fire in any of the modern guys like I saw in Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Haley, et al.

Aikman got an $11 million dollar signing bonus after winning a Super Bowl and Jerry fought tooth and nail against Emmitt in contract negotiations in the year after that until the team started 0-2.

Dak may be a “good guy”, but lots of people are. They bust their butt for much less money for a lot longer of their lives. Like my dad.

Dak basically won the lottery. IMO football players shouldn’t get paid top tier salaries until they’ve proven themselves worthy of it for three straight years.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree with you.

I don’t see the same competitive fire in any of the modern guys like I saw in Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Haley, et al.

Aikman got an $11 million dollar signing bonus after winning a Super Bowl and Jerry fought tooth and nail against Emmitt in contract negotiations in the year after that until the team started 0-2.

Dak may be a “good guy”, but lots of people are. They bust their butt for much less money for a lot longer of their lives. Like my dad.

Dak basically won the lottery. IMO football players shouldn’t get paid top tier salaries until they’ve proven themselves worthy of it for three straight years.

Your opinion is noted but who gets to decide what "proven" means? Hint: If you don't own a team you don't get a vote. The marketplace determines what guys get paid. We don't have to like it.. but unless we quit watching and quit going to games it's not going to change.

GMO415

Reaction score
Time for Tad to finally shut up about it. He was hating on Dallas.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tad is excited he got paid. Can't blame him i'd be excited too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you.

You would have a hard time an an owner of a NFL team. Most of it is based on the come.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Your opinion is noted but who gets to decide what "proven" means? Hint: If you don't own a team you don't get a vote. The marketplace determines what guys get paid. We don't have to like it.. but unless we quit watching and quit going to games it's not going to change.
I thinks it's pretty simple to understand what I stated from an abstract perspective. A QB has measurables over a period of three years that can be both quantified and qualified. If he is consistently showing that he's a 6-10 QB over three years using an objective set of determining factors that are inclusive of a wholistic analysis, then he should be paid like he is one. If he isn't consistently producing like he's a top 5 QB over the same period, then he should be paid like he is one.

I think salaries now are more often than not simply more speculative based on possibility than as a reward. I don't think Dak is a top 10 QB. I think he's between 11-15 and he got paid like a near top 5 QB because of the former.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
"Time to win"? Wasn't it time to win before, when we couldn't?

Tussinman

Reaction score
That's EXACTLY what I was about to say.

Tad with a tear in his eye and a thought bubble: "Sniff, I don't have to work another day in my life. Sniff."
True although Dak has already made salary + endorsements over 50 million dollars so his family was set before this deal was signed