Tag Dak and trade entire OL for draft picks for next year to draft franchise QB

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, it HAS confused and upset a lot of people.
The whole "trade the entire OL stockpiling draft picks for next year to draft a franchise QB" may have made some people think you are Mike Ditka trying to stir up trouble here. :muttley:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The whole "trade the entire OL stockpiling draft picks for next year to draft a franchise QB" may have made some people think you are Mike Ditka trying to stir up trouble here. :muttley:
DE, I would hope our fan base would recognize sarcasm........most I think did with a few lost ones in the mix. I guess I need to be more mindful next time...:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE, I would hope our fan base would recognize sarcasm........most I think did with a few lost ones in the mix. I guess I need to be more mindful next time...:laugh:
Look at it this way. Your post was barely two sentences. Pittman4Two does occasional drive-byes, posting threads with paragraphs full of transparent hyperbole and obvious misspellings and some members still rage over them after all these years.

It is what it is. ;) :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tag Dak, trade the entire OL stockpiling draft picks for next year to draft a franchise QB. In the meantime Dak can enjoy his OL of cheap undrafted free agents and we can sit back and watch him enjoy his season.

He's trying to single handedly ruin this season before it starts.

"you cant fix stupid" Love that quote. It applies to your post.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tag Dak, trade the entire OL stockpiling draft picks for next year to draft a franchise QB. In the meantime Dak can enjoy his OL of cheap undrafted free agents and we can sit back and watch him enjoy his season.

Please go to the nearest medical facility, you have the virus of Jocks and Socks. It has infected what was left of your football intelligence

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And the new "franchise QB" you draft will be unproven and could be more like Locker or Gabbert than Mahomes or Watson, andthan and he would also be saddled with a bottom barrel O-Line just like Dak would be this year, so how will that have helped?

By the way, how do we know it isn't the Cowboys holding things up? They seem to have a habit if going down to the wire with bigger contracts, and Dak could just be the most recent example.
True, but you never know if your gonna get bucked off or not until you take that chance, and get on that bull.
Mahomes went 10th overall.
Watson was 12th overall.
Never out of reach,, don't have to have a top 3 pick to find a true franchise QB.
Just saying, its never unattainable if you try, but certainly unattainable if you never do.

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
True, but you never know if your gonna get bucked off or not until you take that chance, and get on that bull.
Mahomes went 10th overall.
Watson was 12th overall.
Never out of reach,, don't have to have a top 3 pick to find a true franchise QB.
Just saying, its never unattainable if you try, but certainly unattainable if you never do.

You think Watson is a franchise QB but not Dak?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Kind of radical,, but what the hell, Im down with it at this point..lol

blueblood70

Reaction score

so Lawerence then has no blocking? run game wont go..so we go 1-15 with a nice shiny rookie QB? how about Tag dak trade him this year or next and use his picks with some others and go after a new franchise stud QB keep the line??

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
so Lawerence then has no blocking? run game wont go..so we go 1-15 with a nice shiny rookie QB? how about Tag dak trade him this year or next and use his picks with some others and go after a new franchise stud QB keep the line??
You cant sale that here,, everyone in this day and age is way too impatient to ever consider a rebuild with a proper philosophy and structure.
This new era fan base is all about instant success, and even those that aren't are tired of waiting.
The only few fans of this team that have the remaining patience aren't even paying attention anymore, and are sitting on the edge of a back woods pond, fishing off the bottom with chicken livers, and waiting for that big cat to swim by.

Dorsett33

Reaction score

Really?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You cant sale that here,, everyone in this day and age is way too impatient to ever consider a rebuild with a proper philosophy and structure.
This new era fan base is all about instant success, and even those that aren't are tired of waiting.
The only few fans of this team that have the remaining patience aren't even paying attention anymore, and are sitting on the edge of a back woods pond, fishing off the bottom with chicken livers, and waiting for that big cat to swim by.
not rebuilding if you are swapping out just one postion.. its been done rookie QBs like Big ben, Russ, and others been to a SB...I mean even a young Kapernick etc etc how long did it take for philly to dump the chip Kelley plan ,draft wentz and get to a SB?

PM first year as a starter MVP and AFCCG 2nd year SB champ,

didnt they say you need to get to a SB with your QB under a rookie deal is best shot? well time to reset that postion.. Instead of overpaying use his Draft stock to avoid 35mil long term Anchor deal to get a new young stud and with our Oline and Zeke/Pollard in their primes, using this draft to rebuild the D quickly..

nah its not out of the realm of reality , it can be done.. maybe MM is the man to do it..like his bud Reid...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
not rebuilding if you are swapping out just one postion.. its been done rookie QBs like Big ben, Russ, and others been to a SB...I mean even a young Kapernick etc etc how long did it take for philly to dump the chip Kelley plan ,draft wentz and get to a SB?

PM first year as a starter MVP and AFCCG 2nd year SB champ,

didnt they say you need to get to a SB with your QB under a rookie deal is best shot? well time to reset that postion.. Instead of overpaying use his Draft stock to avoid 35mil long term Anchor deal to get a new young stud and with our Oline and Zeke/Pollard in their primes, using this draft to rebuild the D quickly..

nah its not out of the realm of reality , it can be done.. maybe MM is the man to do it..like his bud Reid...

yep, just chilling bro,, not getting stressed, but got fingers crossed.
I will be tuned in on draft day,, we can all speculate all we want, its entertaining, but until we actually witness and observe how this "New Era" FO evaluates and delivers late April...
Im just fishing and chilling.