Take A Chance On Leonard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
He's a smart vet that would add a toughness to this defense. But we should not expect the Leonard of a few years ago.
He certainly hasn’t been this year
He's a smart vet that would add a toughness to this defense. But we should not expect the Leonard of a few years ago.
clark has more tackles than he does. He’s definitely not the player he was. Though it’s understandable coming off a serious injury. But he’s not the “guy” that dramatically changes the defense

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s not Jerry’s decision. Fans need to understand money doesn’t matter in this case. No matter who he signs with he gets paid the same
Unless there is a discussion about subsequent years. I doubt Dallas and Philly want to discuss that at this time. Neither team is going to the Super Bowl barring a huge upset. Some team may be able to beat the 49ers, but it isn’t the Eagles or the Cowboys. Good season though. Both teams “threw down”. Leonard can’t save either team now.

Ken

Reaction score
Unless there is a discussion about subsequent years. I doubt Dallas and Philly want to discuss that at this time. Neither team is going to the Super Bowl barring a huge upset. Some team may be able to beat the 49ers, but it isn’t the Eagles or the Cowboys. Good season though. Both teams “threw down”. Leonard can’t save either team now.
Lol

I'll take my chances vs the 49ers again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s not Jerry’s decision. Fans need to understand money doesn’t matter in this case. No matter who he signs with he gets paid the same
This ^^^^^^^ one of The Athletic's writers just did a piece on this and was told by sources money will have little or no impact in his decision. He does have a history with Sirianni who was an assistant coach with the Colts. According to the writer, Sirianni admitted talking with Leonard a lot over the past week but encouraging him to make the best decision for himself and his family.

We will see but it appears he is trying to decide whether to play for his former coach (he might get as much playing time ) vs Dallas maybe checking quite a few boxes of what he's looking for.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm talking about right now this year he's being paid by the Colts he's getting paid the same this year by Philadelphia or Dallas it doesn't matter.. Is that hard for you to understand the rest of it can't even be discussed really until he decides where he wants to play... On the Randy Gregory thing that has nothing to do with this and by the way the Cowboys still could have kept him if they wanted to that was not luck that was Steven Jones being smart enough to put that clause in the contract that is what made Randy Gregory upset and if you don't think Jerry could have came in and took that back out and begged him to stay given it was the same exact money on the table you don't know what negotiating is...
I'm just telling you for the sake of the the rest of this year everything is on a even Ledger when it comes to getting this guy he's choosing where to go by the team he wants to be on because he already has a contract that's basically paid in full with the Colts... After that it's all up in the air but that has nothing to do with it in my opinion because he would have been with help you right they're supposed to be the better negotiators the best GM's the risk takers why did he leave there question for you Riddle me this Batman if it was just about the money and the contract and everyone was on Jerry for allowing him to leave without a deal well why didn't he make a deal with Philly he did not he left both places without a contract..

He knows he can renegotiate a contract with anyone next year being a free agent so this has nothing to do with the future contract in my opinion this is just about where he wants to finish this year out his best hopes of being on a winning team and getting the most playing time and being able to showcase his talents so he can get a new deal from anyone next year... A long term deal by the way would actually benefit the team not him he's gonna get that from somebody next year regardless of who he chooses to finish out this year was with maybe you're the one who's a little clueless on the details on what's going on when a guy is cut clears waivers now has a choice where he can go..
You made a lot of good points, but I still believe if Jerry, McCarthy, Quinn, and players on our team give him a call and each give Leonard specific reasons why he belongs in Dallas, he might decide to choose Dallas.

GORICO

Reaction score
He certainly hasn’t been this year

clark has more tackles than he does. He’s definitely not the player he was. Though it’s understandable coming off a serious injury. But he’s not the “guy” that dramatically changes the defense
conner---do you think as more time lapses the after effect of back surgeries could heal more and he could significantly improve?...we got the best doctors who

work for Jerry...remmeber one year our drop foot LB had good year and made pro bowl ( i think?) could be wrong....like before injuries to LVE neck his rookie

year he was pro bowler and made some outstanding plays....i hope we get Leonard ...not that he will be the 2018-2020 Leonard but he might suprise us and

we need LB's?????....just saying????

Kwyn

Reaction score
If Leonard is healthy he is a Special player. He is a difference maker. He makes play because he is smart, not just because of his athletic ability. He is like Sean Lee. He often anticipates the play before the snap, not react after the snap. Leonard would be a HUGE benefit in the run game.

The dam Whiners went out and stole Chase Young which is going to make them very hard to beat. We need to counter that move. Leonard could REALLY help us vs the Whiners run game and pass game too!

If Jerry really wants to win, he will spend a little extra to make sure he gets LEONARD on our team. If he only cares about the show, he will stand pat!!!

Take a chance Jerry!! You did it with Deon! You did it with Haley! Do it again Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn’t the die already cast on this?

Were likely to find out tomorrow.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Deion could still play at the highest level. Haley could still play at the highest level.

Can Leonard? I'm guess he can't do much because he got cut in midseason. Now suddenly he is going to put a Star on his helmet and start making plays?

Now Jerry has to sign Leonard if he really wants to win???
Big dog, he’ll be a dude that can give us some downs.

I don’t expect anyone is expecting him to come in and go crazy

It’s like how everyone here was talking about Keith Byard being an all pro steal by the eagles and why couldn’t we do that? Darn Jerry!

Dude, in 5 games has 37 tackles, no sacks and one INT

He’s not exactly lighting it up.

Loso86

Reaction score
If Leonard is healthy he is a Special player. He is a difference maker. He makes play because he is smart, not just because of his athletic ability. He is like Sean Lee. He often anticipates the play before the snap, not react after the snap. Leonard would be a HUGE benefit in the run game.

The dam Whiners went out and stole Chase Young which is going to make them very hard to beat. We need to counter that move. Leonard could REALLY help us vs the Whiners run game and pass game too!

If Jerry really wants to win, he will spend a little extra to make sure he gets LEONARD on our team. If he only cares about the show, he will stand pat!!!

Take a chance Jerry!! You did it with Deon! You did it with Haley! Do it again Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean take a chance lol? The ball is Leonard's hands. If he chooses Dallas then we will sign him

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about?
Dallas can come in with a new offer. More money, more playing time, etc. Players get better offers all the time.
We thought we had Gregory( good thing we lost that negotiation )and Denver swooped in at the last second.

I would not want you as my negotiator.
And I wouldn't want you as mine. I'd rather have someone who understands the league's rules.

rambo2

Reaction score

It is a fact that they already want him. It is up to Leonard.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
if I'm Leonard, I'm calling John Lynch and asking if there's room for him in SF at vet minimum

reddyuta

Reaction score
ideally he should sign on monday so he can get upto speed with a new Defense and play the next game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
And I wouldn't want you as mine. I'd rather have someone who understands the league's rules.
Didn’t realize Colts were paying his salary, my bad, but to say, because the money is settled, there is no need to call him, just wait for him to make his decision, is not smart in my opinion. If I was Jerry, I would have Quinn call him and tell him how much he is needed and respected. Have McCarthy call and make him feel wanted etc.

As the GM don’t just sit on your hands because the money is settled. Pursued him to come to Dallas for other reasons!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It is a fact that they already want him. It is up to Leonard.
Give him a call and make him feel respected and wanted by your organization. Money is not the only way to pursued a player to join your team!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
What do you mean take a chance lol? The ball is Leonard's hands. If he chooses Dallas then we will sign him
What I should have said is get on the phone with him, and give him reasons to join Dallas over Philly.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Big dog, he’ll be a dude that can give us some downs.

I don’t expect anyone is expecting him to come in and go crazy

It’s like how everyone here was talking about Keith Byard being an all pro steal by the eagles and why couldn’t we do that? Darn Jerry!

Dude, in 5 games has 37 tackles, no sacks and one INT

He’s not exactly lighting it up.
Those are pretty good stats. Do any of our LBers have an int?

Status
Not open for further replies.