Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dont-care-how-i-want-it-now-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Big dog, he’ll be a dude that can give us some downs.

I don’t expect anyone is expecting him to come in and go crazy

It’s like how everyone here was talking about Keith Byard being an all pro steal by the eagles and why couldn’t we do that? Darn Jerry!

Dude, in 5 games has 37 tackles, no sacks and one INT

He’s not exactly lighting it up.
Isn't that one of the reasons he wanted the trade, he wasn't getting on the field that much look at his snap rate like how many snaps did he play to get those stats.... I can't say one way or the other because I wasn't paying attention to the Colts nor did I go look at his production one way or the other however that is one of the reasons he wanted the trade he doesn't think he's being played enough and he wanted to make more of an impact...

Lol you are correct I've been saying that forever all these trades these teams seem to make sometimes in the offseason but mostly around the trade deadline that everybody seems to cut it they get down on Jerry for not making them most of them don't work out... Go to every single trade made say two weeks leading up to the trade deadline and tell me which ones that were actually a possibility for the Dallas Cowboys actually worked out for that other team so far I haven't seen one..

And like I said we have no chance of getting any of the guys off Washington or New York so we can't even count them but if you did sweats probably the best trade out of all of them for the bears but the bears are not even a contender I'm just saying that at all the trade considerations that were reality for the Dallas Cowboys I don't see one of them have worked out for the other teams that have made those trades that seems like the fans coveted but most of the time it's true they don't work out the way fans think they do.. The Eagles back end is as bad as it was before the trade it hasn't really helped that much.

I mean who else I can't remember all the ridiculous trades I mean Detroit made a trade for what a punt returner slash fourth string receiver? I mean who else outside of the ones that came from New York and Washington which we would have never really been in those what trees have worked out for those teams??

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He certainly hasn’t been this year

clark has more tackles than he does. He’s definitely not the player he was. Though it’s understandable coming off a serious injury. But he’s not the “guy” that dramatically changes the defense
According to ESPN, Leonard still has more tackles than Clark and he has not played the last two games. Clark has .5 more TFL than Leonard in 2 more games.

Our talent at LB behind Clark is even more questionable. Leonard would be very useful for us.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
According to ESPN, Leonard still has more tackles than Clark and he has not played the last two games. Clark has .5 more TFL than Leonard in 2 more games.

Our talent at LB behind Clark is even more questionable. Leonard would be very useful for us.
Jaylon had a lot of tackles and we still released him. Just saying. IMO, one of the most misleading stats.

conner01

Reaction score

Shaq has 65 tackles while Clark has 79
Shaq has missed the last game before he was cut and obviously this week. The point is this season he hasn’t been the impact player he once was. The question is, is it just recovering from the injury or has he dropped off. Evans last year had huge tackle numbers yet he’s not getting many reps. I don’t see Shaq getting many reps. He’d be great depth but Quinn like smaller, more athletic safety types at LB like bell

conner01

Reaction score
conner---do you think as more time lapses the after effect of back surgeries could heal more and he could significantly improve?...we got the best doctors who

work for Jerry...remmeber one year our drop foot LB had good year and made pro bowl ( i think?) could be wrong....like before injuries to LVE neck his rookie

year he was pro bowler and made some outstanding plays....i hope we get Leonard ...not that he will be the 2018-2020 Leonard but he might suprise us and

we need LB's?????....just saying????
I think many injuries take more than just the physical recovery time to get back to what a player was. The mental part of recovering from an injury is real. I’m all for signing him. It’s a low cost, high upside investment. You get to see if you want him for the future. But I don’t think he’s gonna be the big impact player this year some think. And I don’t see him getting a ton of reps because he’s not the type of LB Quinn loves

conner01

Reaction score
This ^^^^^^^ one of The Athletic's writers just did a piece on this and was told by sources money will have little or no impact in his decision. He does have a history with Sirianni who was an assistant coach with the Colts. According to the writer, Sirianni admitted talking with Leonard a lot over the past week but encouraging him to make the best decision for himself and his family.

We will see but it appears he is trying to decide whether to play for his former coach (he might get as much playing time ) vs Dallas maybe checking quite a few boxes of what he's looking for.
I expect him to go where he can get reps and get back to as close as he can to what he was so he has some leverage in FA next year. That’s exactly what I’d do. And I don’t think that’s in Dallas because Quinn likes the safety type LB’s because of the athleticism

conner01

Reaction score
Unless there is a discussion about subsequent years. I doubt Dallas and Philly want to discuss that at this time. Neither team is going to the Super Bowl barring a huge upset. Some team may be able to beat the 49ers, but it isn’t the Eagles or the Cowboys. Good season though. Both teams “threw down”. Leonard can’t save either team now.
He’s not a change a team type player right now. He may get back to that next year. No team is gonna offer extra years without seeing him on the field for games this season. Though I disagree that Dallas or eagles can get to SB. Both have a legit shot at it

blueblood70

Reaction score
I expect him to go where he can get reps and get back to as close as he can to what he was so he has some leverage in FA next year. That’s exactly what I’d do. And I don’t think that’s in Dallas because Quinn likes the safety type LB’s because of the athleticism
given the fact that Dan Quinn's defense is looking very shaky and all he has right now is a choice between Clark and Evans with LvE down maybe if he had a player like Shaq Leonard that he would use them more and more effectively

Dan Quinn needs to wake up call he needs a motivation because right now this is an area of need so let's see if we get him.... I think Dan Quinn will find a way to utilize him I don't think he likes playing that much nickel and dime or whatever they're using all those lightweight linebackers those hybrids in it's been a problem... I think he realizes that if we had a better choice at middle linebacker i think he might utilize him....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Shaq has 65 tackles while Clark has 79
Shaq has missed the last game before he was cut and obviously this week. The point is this season he hasn’t been the impact player he once was. The question is, is it just recovering from the injury or has he dropped off. Evans last year had huge tackle numbers yet he’s not getting many reps. I don’t see Shaq getting many reps. He’d be great depth but Quinn like smaller, more athletic safety types at LB like bell
I can go with the idea that they are a wash in terms of production but Quinn has uses for thumpers still. He just uses 1 at a time most of the time. LVE's spot is who he would be taking. Depth is extremely important and he can certainly rotate in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Colts didnt want him. Makes me wonder why. But worst case , if we sign him, he becomes a complimentary role player and helps the young guys off the field, and on. I think hes worth taking a flier on. All I ask is, we have a plan for him, a defined role. Otherwise, its a waste.

Loso86

Reaction score
Colts didnt want him. Makes me wonder why. But worst case , if we sign him, he becomes a complimentary role player and helps the young guys off the field, and on. I think hes worth taking a flier on. All I ask is, we have a plan for him, a defined role. Otherwise, its a waste.
Colts didn't want to pay him or play him more

Status
Not open for further replies.