Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
According to Nick Eatman:
1. Cowboys really wanted Takk
2. Rumors were Falcons wanted to hop Dallas for a passrusher, which happened
3. Cowboys were probably aware but allowed it to happen. They settled for Taco because they did not want to give up the 3rd round pick that Atlanta gave up.

So we gave up the more explosive RDE because he had to draft more DBs.
This was because they were under pressure to draft a bunch of DBs because they were too cheap to resign at least Carr.
So for a couple Mil AAV, we had to settle for an inferior RDE candidate, even though we have cap space to spare.
More of the same bean counter at work...
Lets hope it is Spicy Taco and not Soft Taco...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...s-cowboys-related-draft-buzz-into-perspective
We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hard to tell until they play NFL ball. But takk missing half the season would suck.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
3. Cowboys were probably aware but allowed it to happen. They settled for Taco because they did not want to give up the 3rd round pick that Atlanta gave up.

This was because they were under pressure to draft a bunch of DBs because they were too cheap to resign at least Carr.
So for a couple Mil AAV, we had to settle for an inferior RDE candidate, even though we have cap space to spare.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...s-cowboys-related-draft-buzz-into-perspective
We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall.
What does not trading up for Takk have to do with Taco's combine 40 yard dash?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So glad Atl jumped them and took that lunatic. There is no way I want to cheer for someone who acts like that on national tv in their moment of glory. It's not like he didn't know he was going to be drafted for a couple of years now. To act like he did tells me he is dumb and likely to make huge mistakes as time goes on.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That might be true, but Eatman is basing it on the reaction the Cowboys had in the War Room, not on them telling him that they preferred Takk.

Most draft analysts had Taco rated higher than Takk. CBS had Taco at 17 and Takk at 31.

waldoputty

Reaction score
So glad Atl jumped them and took that lunatic. There is no way I want to cheer for someone who acts like that on national tv in their moment of glory. It's not like he didn't know he was going to be drafted for a couple of years now. To act like he did tells me he is dumb and likely to make huge mistakes as time goes on.

i dont care what he says as long as he rips Brady's head off in the superbowl.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Never bought the hype on Takk. He might be very good in the end but was never high on him.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I was in SF last week, and actually heard the radio hosts go on about Takk.
Apparently both his parents abandoned him and the grandmother raised him.
Furthermore, he basically promised on grandma's death bed that he would get into the NFL...

So what! So that excuses acting like an idiot on national tv? He knew he was going to be drafted for a long time. He did nothing but disrespect his grandmother who by the picture looked to be a classy church going lady. I doubt she would have been proud of him. He showed me just how dumb he really is and I don't want that in my lockeroom.

waldoputty

Reaction score
McKinley definitely has more burst but Charlton has better length. Just different players.

having the more explosive player is probably lower risk in terms of having a playmaker.
taco has had good reviews, but have never saw the term explosive used.
without the same burst, taco would have to win by other means

waldoputty

Reaction score
So what! So that excuses acting like an idiot on national tv? He knew he was going to be drafted for a long time. He did nothing but disrespect his grandmother who by the picture looked to be a classy church going lady. I doubt she would have been proud of him. He showed me just how dumb he really is and I don't want that in my lockeroom.

have you seen him being called a bad teammate at ucla?