Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
Im just curious as to if Taco's 40 had anything to do with us trying to trade up. And why it lingered for so long

it is not his 40 time, it is whether the player has the same burst.
from everything i read, takk has the burst, but taco is taller and stronger.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Takk McKinley
The one with speed like Tapper but without the bad back (though recovering from shoulder surgery)
Tapper outweighed Takk by 21 pounds.

Takks 10 yard time was barely better than Taco's (1.60 vs 1.63). If Takk gains 10 pounds to play DE, then his 10 yard time will likely be slower than Taco's.

I liked Takk's arm length and quickness, but for a guy that was smallish (6-2, 250) he was stiff and struggled to bend the edge. The reason the much "slower" Barnett was drafted way ahead of him is that Barnett could bend way way better.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I like Takk > Taco. But I like Taco + Lewis (the 3rd rounder we would have to have traded) >>>>>>>>> Takk.

you can only have so many DBs on the field.
if we would have resigned one of the CBs, we could afford to use the 3rd round pick to make sure we got the superior RDE candidate.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Tapper outweighed Takk by 21 pounds.

Takks 10 yard time was barely better than Taco's (1.60 vs 1.63). If Takk gains 10 pounds to play DE, then his 10 yard time will likely be slower than Taco's.

I liked Takk's arm length and quickness, but for a guy that was smallish (6-2, 250) he was stiff and struggled to bend the edge. The reason the much "slower" Barnett was drafted way ahead of him is that Barnett could bend way way better.

Well the report is the Cowboys really wanted Takk.
All reports are Takks is fast and Taco is stronger

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
it is not his 40 time, it is whether the player has the same burst.
from everything i read, takk has the burst, but taco is taller and stronger.
Like Risen said. Different players. Takk has burst but he is very linier. Helps alot that he is a very high effort player, but there is the possibility that he may end up an effort rusher in the NFL if he cant learn to use his hands properly. He is good arm length, but his lack of hand usage completely negates it. His agility drills where also very bad.

I like Takk, but Taco is a better RDE prospect

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
According to Nick Eatman:
1. Cowboys really wanted Takk
2. Rumors were Falcons wanted to hop Dallas for a passrusher, which happened
3. Cowboys were probably aware but allowed it to happen. They settled for Taco because they did not want to give up the 3rd round pick that Atlanta gave up.

So we gave up the more explosive RDE because he had to draft more DBs.
This was because they were under pressure to draft a bunch of DBs because they were too cheap to resign at least Carr.
So for a couple Mil AAV, we had to settle for an inferior RDE candidate, even though we have cap space to spare.
More of the same bean counter at work...
Lets hope it is Spicy Taco and not Soft Taco...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...s-cowboys-related-draft-buzz-into-perspective
We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall.
Thank God for small miracles. Tak sucks

waldoputty

Reaction score
Like Risen said. Different players. Takk has burst but he is very linier. Helps alot that he is a very high effort player, but there is the possibility that he may end up an effort rusher in the NFL if he cant learn to use his hands properly. He is good arm length, but his lack of hand usage completely negates it. His agility drills where also very bad.

I like Takk, but Taco is a better RDE prospect

i think we all know the difference between the 2 players.
takk is like a more healthy tapper

the key is the cowboys preferred takk but settled for taco because they had to use the 3rd round pick on replacing DBs.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
This was probably the deciding vote that a trade for another injuries player (Takk) wasn't made. Time to get over him and move on to what we have. It was a fantastic draft.

I like tacos arm length I'll tell you that much.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Meh, two years from now instead of Carr being on his last legs, we'll have a young and able CB on contract, and maybe we'll therefore be able to trade a pick to move up for what we need then.

There are teams that seem to me lesser because they're owned by cheapskates, but the Cowboys aren't one of them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i think we all know the difference between the 2 players.
takk is like a more healthy tapper

the key is the cowboys preferred takk but settled for taco because they had to use the 3rd round pick on replacing DBs.
You do realize they didnt trade up for Lynch last year because they didnt want to give up a 3rd.

I doubt it had anything to do with letting two mediocre CB's walk. Especially considering that they already replaced one in FA.