Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
Meh, two years from now instead of Carr being on his last legs, we'll have a young and able CB on contract, and maybe we'll therefore be able to trade a pick to move up for what we need then.

There are teams that seem to me lesser because they're owned by cheapskates, but the Cowboys aren't one of them.

a few M in cap space to cut him at that point, which we will have plenty of cap space.
instead we are trying to win the accounting olympics.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
well, takk is the one the cowboys preferred, probably because it is easier for a quicker player with less bend to make a difference for the defense.
If he is, then them not wanting to trade up for him due to not resigning Claiborne and Carr is a reach on your part. Like I said, they didnt pull the trigger on a trade up last year because they didnt want to give up a 3rd. And that was for who they wanted to be the QB of the future. What does that tell you about how willing to trade 3rd rounders they are nowadays

waldoputty

Reaction score
What do you think is more likely
1) that Taco is as good or better than Ellis
2) that Takk is as good or better

I mean I'd like to have Lawrence Taylor, but it ain't happenin'

One is real, one is fantasy

the simple fact is a reporter from the flagship said the cowboys really wanted Takk.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Most draft analysts had Taco rated higher than Takk. CBS had Taco at 17 and Takk at 31.

We'll never know for sure, but I've read that Taco Charlton was Miami's next option if Charles Harris was off the board at #22. It's also been reported that he was Seattle's target when they traded down with Atlanta and that they then traded out of round one when Dallas selected him.

It's done.

Taco is a Cowboy and he's got very good athleticism to go along with elite size and length. His production ratio (2.14) as a senior was also elite, only Hunter Dimick (2.30) and Trey Hendrickson (2.17) scored higher. The Cowboys also place a premium on the type of players they add to the roster, so Taco must have impressed in interviews.

So there's a lot to like.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Nick Eastman is basing that off of his interpretation of what he was seeing in the Dallas war room.... not anything that was said to him.

It is speculation. Maybe true... maybe not.

But where is Eatman quoted at saying this. I searched all his articles since the draft and he actually wrote a story were he states "the cowboys were ecstatic of drafting Taco".

I seen a story from BTB calling it a fact since Eatman stated it but they did not link his quotes.

What's also funny is I was watching the war room like must of us and I didn't notice any reaction to Atlanta's trade and then pic.

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
If he is, then them not wanting to trade up for him due to not resigning Claiborne and Carr is a reach on your part. Like I said, they didnt pull the trigger on a trade up last year because they didnt want to give up a 3rd. And that was for who they wanted to be the QB of the future. What does that tell you about how willing to trade 3rd rounders they are nowadays

if they have more DBs, then the need for DBs would be less.

right, they are really cheap.
i have only called stephen a beancounter 100 times or more?

too bad they will not sell the team to a competent but aggressive owner.

DFWJC

Reaction score
the simple fact is a reporter from the flagship said the cowboys really wanted Takk.
Was not disputing what the reporter claimed.

You brought up Charles Haley as related to Takk, so I was asking you if you thought that was feasible.

fwiw, I was fine with either one

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We'll never know for sure, but I've read that Taco Charlton was Miami's next option if Charles Harris was off the board at #22. It's also been reported that he was Seattle's target when they traded down with Atlanta and that they then traded out of round one when Dallas selected him.

It's done.

Taco is a Cowboy and he's got very good athleticism to go along with elite size and length. His production ratio (2.14) as a senior was also elite, only Hunter Dimick (2.30) and Trey Hendrickson (2.17) scored higher. The Cowboys also place a premium on the type of players they add to the roster, so Taco must have impressed in interviews.

No I hate him because he is a poopy head slow soft taco

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
According to Nick Eatman:
1. Cowboys really wanted Takk
2. Rumors were Falcons wanted to hop Dallas for a passrusher, which happened
3. Cowboys were probably aware but allowed it to happen. They settled for Taco because they did not want to give up the 3rd round pick that Atlanta gave up.

So we gave up the more explosive RDE because he had to draft more DBs.
This was because they were under pressure to draft a bunch of DBs because they were too cheap to resign at least Carr.
So for a couple Mil AAV, we had to settle for an inferior RDE candidate, even though we have cap space to spare.
More of the same bean counter at work...
Lets hope it is Spicy Taco and not Soft Taco...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...s-cowboys-related-draft-buzz-into-perspective
We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall.
Your interpretation of the course of events is so presumptuous. You don't know that Taco is inferior to Takk minus the 3rd round pick the FO saved. I like how the FO is conducting their business now. I think it will all work out. We'll just have to wait and see who has the better team when we go to Atlanta.

waldoputty

Reaction score

It's done.

it is done alright.
lets hope it is spicy taco and not soft taco.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score

you would do such a better job

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I dont think you're even reading my responses because you obviously arent countering them

waldoputty

Reaction score
Your interpretation of the course of events is so presumptuous. You don't know that Taco is inferior to Takk minus the 3rd round pick the FO saved. I like how the FO is conducting their business now. I think it will all work out. We'll just have to wait and see who has the better team when we go to Atlanta.

yes the team is being run by an accountant.
you can only play 11 players at a time, and we need a star RDE.
drafting a star RDE is hard enough.
now they just made it harder by settling for an inferior candidate according to their own analysis.
DBs can be had this year, next year, year after that in the draft.