Talent acquisition happens year round

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the same for all NFL teams. I’ve got faith in Will McClay to find some talent at both the RB and DT positions before the season starts. Whether it’s a young player that’s on the tail end of a strong roster or a veteran last day cut. There will be some excellent talent teams will try and stash on the practice squad. This is where McClay shines. Who knows, they may already have someone on the roster in both areas. So no need to lose faith. Lots to look forward to.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This is the same for all NFL teams. I’ve got faith in Will McClay to find some talent at both the RB and DT positions before the season starts. Whether it’s a young player that’s on the tail end of a strong roster or a veteran last day cut. There will be some excellent talent teams will try and stash on the practice squad. This is where McClay shines. Who knows, they may already have someone on the roster in both areas. So no need to lose faith. Lots to look forward to.
Some older veteran cap casualties will be available. But will Stephen be the high bidder? Seems unlikely.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“This is where Mcclay shines”

Provide some examples
If you need examples, you’re not worth my time.

I believe that loosely translates to "I don't have one right now and I don't have enough time to look for one".

I mean if you're going to make that a point to make your case, you should easily be able to back it up, right?

That being said I will help you out with one, Aubrey was signed July 3rd last year from the USFL.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I got faith in a 5th round comp pick being traded for someone's left overs at DT before they get cut.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe that loosely translates to "I don't have one right now and I don't have enough time to look for one".

I mean if you're going to make that a point to make your case, you should easily be able to back it up, right?

That being said I will help you out with one, Aubrey was signed July 3rd last year from the USFL.
No, it translates into I know what McClays done with this team in identifying talent and if you, or anyone else, doesn’t see that, then you’re not worth my time.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No, it translates into I know what McClays done with this team in identifying talent and if you, or anyone else, doesn’t see that, then you’re not worth my time.
Not sure the onus is on McClay. He can evaluate talent in the draft, in FA and in any other league for that matter. It comes down to whether GM Jethro is going to approve it or not.

I am pretty damn sure McClay thought very highly of Christian Wilkins from Miami that signed with the Jets.

Brax

Reaction score
WM, another legendary FO yes man who’s players you constantly belittle as jags who are the reason for all the failures after a loss. Funny just too funny.

rambo2

Reaction score
Heck they all ready have a good team. They need dtackle help.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure the onus is on McClay. He can evaluate talent in the draft, in FA and in any other league for that matter. It comes down to whether GM Jethro is going to approve it or not.

I am pretty damn sure McClay thought very highly of Christian Wilkins from Miami that signed with the Jets.
The Cowboys are in this salary cap mess BECAUSE of Will McClay finding talent that they drafted. Jerry’s to blame for many things, but he listens to McClay. If you can’t see that, I’m sorry.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Cowboys are in this salary cap mess BECAUSE of Will McClay finding talent that they drafted. Jerry’s to blame for many things, but he listens to McClay. If you can’t see that, I’m sorry.
It does not matter who Jethro is listening to, he makes the decisions. The goal is to build a SB team.

Anyone 1 player that wants to reset the market is a detriment to the team period. Never mind 3 of them at the same time. If you are going to reset the market, then for the Love of God, be the first to do it in the off season, not the last.

Either tear it ALL down and rebuild or someone has to be traded. Hanging out and getting dunked on at the RIM is not fun.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It does not matter who Jethro is listening to, he makes the decisions. The goal is to build a SB team.

Anyone 1 player that wants to reset the market is a detriment to the team period. Never mind 3 of them at the same time. If you are going to reset the market, then for the Love of God, be the first to do it in the off season, not the last.

Either tear it ALL down and rebuild or someone has to be traded. Hanging out and getting dunked on at the RIM is not fun.
And he obviously listens to McClay more often than not. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to say.