Talent Differential Obvious

Bagman

Reaction score
I didn't see a talent disparity at all. I thought we handed them their heads for a good portion of the game on both lines.

I saw they had the starting qb and we didn't.
Exactly. Let Gardner Freaking Minshew come down to Dallas and get destroyed in December. Everyone will say they weren't at their best but somehow Dallas is expected to crush an unbeaten team on the road with Cooper Rush. Riiiiiiight.

Ken

Reaction score
Exactly. Let Gardner Freaking Minshew come down to Dallas and get destroyed in December. Everyone will say they weren't at their best but somehow Dallas is expected to crush an unbeaten team on the road with Cooper Rush. Riiiiiiight.
They played the game we should have played with their starter.

We can't play this way and turn it over 3 times. The math doesn't work lol

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Tonight shows how disparate the Cowboy talent is as compared to the Eagles.....and it played out in most almost all phases of the game, ultimately the scoreboard. Weakness in the offensive line, the pass receivers...certainly the QB, all show that this team is a second tier team and has fallen even further behind the elite Super Bowl competitive teams in the league. We are

I'm not sure I saw a talent discrepancy you saw outside of QB. There was a huge talent disparity last year in favor of the Cowboys, this year they added pieces and are much more evenly matched.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Tonight shows how disparate the Cowboy talent is as compared to the Eagles.....and it played out in most almost all phases of the game, ultimately the scoreboard. Weakness in the offensive line, the pass receivers...certainly the QB, all show that this team is a second tier team and has fallen even further behind the elite Super Bowl competitive teams in the league. We are
We do t have a top 12 reviver or even a reviver with top 12 athleticism.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Coaching was a bigger issue, ... and not even double-checking if Lamb got the first down before running play action on 4th and a half yard to name a couple of glaring ones.

Will be interesting to see if McCarthy does The Garrett and doubles down on that mistake.
"Oh no, totally right call, if we're in that position again, we'll do exactly the same thing!"

TWOK11

Reaction score
Philly had a chance to lose a home game against a backup QB with a +3 turnover differential (really +4 with the 4th down failure).

There was a lot more for then to be alarmed about than we are. They aren’t going to be any healthier than they are now and we are getting our QB back.

coult44

Reaction score

You people crack me up.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I will disagree, Qb arm strength is the only talent they had Dallas didn't. Dallas Defense kept it close along with the ST, a couple of those sideline passes thrown with a little more authority and this game would have ended differently.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Rush and his 3 INTs lost us this game. His noodle arm has finally caught up with him.

That last INT was his fault all the way. Forcing it to Gallup was his undoing.

We also lack speed on the outside. If the Cowboys were smart we should trade for DJ Moore. We ain't going to cut it with Gallup/Lamb.

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't think. I think it's very difficult to beat the Eagles at home with a backup QB, but overall? I think with our starter at home, we can win. The Eagles are running a college offense because of their QB. We're not going to see 3 picks by Dak.

The biggest issue I have is stopping the run.

Back in 1992, week 4, the Eagles beat the Cowboys 31-7 on Monday night at the Vet. The Cowboys were thoroughly dominated. The next two games Dallas won easily at home. And that was before parity.

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
We gifted them a 20 point lead, came back to 20-17, and if Rush had any kind of arm we would have been 26 - 24 with a chance to win. The Eagles didn't show anything to be particularly alarmed about, sure they have talent but so do we. Mistakes cost us and that was the difference.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Wait, wut?

After jumping up early based on having a few short fields, Dallas outplayed Philly in Philly with their back up QB.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We gifted them a 20 point lead, came back to 20-17, and if Rush had any kind of arm we would have been 26 - 24 with a chance to win. The Eagles didn't show anything to be particularly alarmed about, sure they have talent but so do we. Mistakes cost us and that was the difference.

our LG didn’t block the DT, who slammed Rush as he was throwing the football.

The two other ints are on Rush.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What games have you been watching? The offensive line did a fine job. Zeke looked like the Zeke of old. The defense was put in bad field position repeatedly. I swear our fans are some of the dumbest in the NFL.

Our LG…not so fine.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually thought it was quite even across the board. We did some things very well, but three turnovers killed. They controlled the ball and got out to a good lead, but almost. Outside of QB play I think these are two very strong teams. If the Eagles can upgrade Hurts, they could be a legit contender

lukemartin79

Reaction score
THE IGGLES HAD A 20 POINT LEAD WHILE OUR OFFENSE WITH A BACKUP QB DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR ONE HALF- AND THIS WAS STILL A CLOSE GAME. I DONT SEE WHERE YOU CAN THINK WE ARE SO INFERIOR TO THEM, WE ARENT. TURNOVERS, STUPID PENALTIES AT TERRIBLE TIMES YET AGAIN, OUR IDIOT HEAD COACH NOT THROWING THE RED FLAG YET AGAIN, AND AS USUAL - NOT STOPPING THE RUN IS WHAT DID US IN. AND EVEN THEN IT WAS CLOSE. WE GET TO PLAY THEM AGAIN, IN BIG-D THIS TIME. I SEE NO REASON WE CANT BEAT THEM. THEY REALLY ARENT THAT MUCH BETTER THAN US AT ALL. BOTH TEAMS HAVE A LOT OF TALENT.