Talent Differential Obvious

Fontaine

Reaction score
Lost by 9 with a backup QB, 3 INTs, missed FG, stupid penalty before the 2nd qtr that allowed them an extra 4 points. Not to mention the rest of the stupid penalties. I really think Philly should be the team concerned here.

This might be the least upset I’ve ever been after a loss to Philly. They’re going to get whopped when they come down to Dallas if the Cowboys are healthy.

Ken

Reaction score
Tonight shows how disparate the Cowboy talent is as compared to the Eagles.....and it played out in most almost all phases of the game, ultimately the scoreboard. Weakness in the offensive line, the pass receivers...certainly the QB, all show that this team is a second tier team and has fallen even further behind the elite Super Bowl competitive teams in the league. We are
I didn't see a talent disparity at all. I thought we handed them their heads for a good portion of the game on both lines.

I saw they had the starting qb and we didn't.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Agreed. And if you think otherwise, let me rephrase OP’s post.

what QB would you rather have?

Dak, Rush, or Hurts?
What RB? Zeke and Pollard? Or Sanders and Gainwell?
Which WR corp do you prefer?
Who’s TE’s are better?
Who’s defense is better?
Who’s coaching is better (including offensive and defensive coordinators)?

Answer to majority of these questions is Eagles with the defense question being a fuzzy line.
I would say the majority is Cowboys. Eagles TE’s are better but that’s about it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Here’s the game:
  • 3 turnovers to 0 for Filly
  • 10 penalties for 72 yds.
  • 2 stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
  • Filly won TOP 34-26 min
Hard to win when you do that

Double TOP Philly vs Dallas in first half too. It’s a miracle we even made it close.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I could not disagree more with the OP. We have more talent, even at receiver. Problem is, you need a QB to get them the ball. Rush is a bus driver who I hope parks very soon.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disagree. Rush had a few pressures but was not sacked. 3 turnovers, in short field for the opponent, was the differential. You give a top offense, a short field, they will probably score more times than none. Silly arguement.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lost by 9 with a backup QB, 3 INTs, missed FG, stupid penalty before the 2nd qtr that allowed them an extra 4 points. Not to mention the rest of the stupid penalties. I really think Philly should be the team concerned here.

This might be the least upset I’ve ever been after a loss to Philly. They’re going to get whopped when they come down to Dallas if the Cowboys are healthy.
Eleven games left to play. Not even halfway through the season. After the Tampa loss, would any of us have bet money we would be 4-2 at this point? There’s still much to feel good about at this early point in the season.

Dakota

Reaction score
I certainly enjoy the game more when we get to play their practice squad like last years 2nd game.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Actually, I think Philly should be concerned that Dallas almost beat them after jumping out to a generously gifted 20 point lead.

It was a hard fought battle across the board. It's the NFL.
Haven’t you noticed a pattern of this? It seems like half their games go this way

Blackrain

Reaction score
Here’s the game:
  • 3 turnovers to 0 for Filly
  • 10 penalties for 72 yds.
  • 2 stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
  • Filly won TOP 34-26 min
Hard to win when you do that
You're 100% right bullet
We had more rushing yards
More passing yards
One more yard per play
Close to the same amount of first downs I believe.

They didn't sack our quarterback at all and we got four sacks on theirs

But when you get 10 penalties and you have a backup quarterback with a limited skill set.

It becomes difficult to overcome

Fontaine

Reaction score
Eleven games left to play. Not even halfway through the season. After the Tampa loss, would any of us have bet money we would be 4-2 at this point? There’s still much to feel good about at this early point in the season.
Exactly, totally agree. This place was a dumpster fire after Tampa. Rush kept us alive, now it’s time time Dak to take the reigns and get us into the playoffs.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s not a secret that I’m not the biggest proponent of Dak Prescott, but a healthy Dak makes us a better team than the Eagles.

Sure, the Eagles have lots of talent across the board, but they’re hiding Hurts’ inability to throw. Eventually it’s going to catch up with them, just like it does with the Ravens with Lamar

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Haven’t you noticed a pattern of this? It seems like half their games go this way

I will say it louder for the people in the back. It is the NFL and sometimes you just lose. We are 4-2 with a backup QB. We are heading into 2 very winnable games and then the bye with the prospect of getting our starting QB back soon and are currently home of one of the NFL's best defenses. This team is good and with some luck could make some noise this post season.

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
Tonight shows how disparate the Cowboy talent is as compared to the Eagles.....and it played out in most almost all phases of the game, ultimately the scoreboard. Weakness in the offensive line, the pass receivers...certainly the QB, all show that this team is a second tier team and has fallen even further behind the elite Super Bowl competitive teams in the league. We are
Hurts is an average QB. Shows just how bad we are at that position with any one of em on our roster.

Loso86

Reaction score
Biiiig FALSE Lol we have Dak and our leader it's a different game point blank. They started HOT at home. Besides that and the 3 picks we win

catiii

Reaction score
I think our D was exposed in many ways despite the interceptions.