Talent Hoax

tunahelper

Reaction score
Now that we, meaning Cowboys fans, have had a week to back away from the cliff, again; lets he honest here.
Listening to numerous Dallas Cowboys radio shows and seeking, like many of us Dallas fans are, answers to yet another bone crushing season ending loss.
If we are honest: This Dallas team OVERACHIEVED and we keep buying this hoax that the Cowboys are always loaded with talent.

Listen to Micheal Lombardi to this Dallas Cowboys myth on 105.3 FM The Fan Dallas

Besides Jerry and his side show act we have real football problems that were exposed prior to the playoffs.

We are fundamentally weak in several areas that can get exposed. The LOS os where it starts and ends. Dallas lacks insight on this because they are athlete first focused.

zeke21

Reaction score
Disagree.. we have a talented roster. Yes there are holes.. every squad has holes. You can't have 22 All Pro's..

But we have the talent.. what we don't have is the most important part of any modern NFL team.. the QB.

Dak is the reason why we have failed. For 8 years he has held this very talented squad back. I don't know how to say it any clearer.

You swap Dak for Mahomes 8 years ago.. and we are probably looking at 2-3 Rings, 5-6 straight NFCCG etc etc. It is really that simple.

Look at Daks first half numbers for ALL of his play off games. Just LOOK at the them. He has only had ONE game that wasn't historically bad.. the wild card game against the beat up TB last year. Other than that.. it honestly reads worse than you can imagine. Never scored more than 13 points in the first half, never had more than 120 yards in the first half, has had multiple interceptions in 50% of his playoff games.. If you look at the first half of play off games you will see the undeniable truth. Our QB is a choker and that means that no matter how much talent you put around him.. they can not overcome a QB that LITERALLY goes 1 for 4, for 0 yards, with a pick in the first quarter... it just can not be done.

Surfguy

Reaction score
The funniest thing I heard was that we are the only ones who had a chance to beat the 49ers because our talent level matches theirs. Uh huh.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a very talented roster with some glaring flaws.

Look at the offense. Dak is a good QB. Maybe not the best QB, but he is a good QB. CeeDee is an excellent WR. So if Cooks. Fergusons is an excellent TE in his second year. Tyron Smith had a good year. Tyler Smith is a stud. Zack Martin is a stud, aging but still very good. Biadasz is average and Steele coming off a knee injury had a bad year. But what team fields 11 great players on offense. It is not possible in free agency to do that anymore. Every teams has a few weak spots.

Look at the Defense. It starts with Micah. He is a great player. DLaw is a very good player. Osa is a good player. Hankins is a little better than average. In the secondary, Bland showed he is a playmaker. Gilmore is still a good player. I think Wilson was a good player but since he came back from his injury he has not been the same player. The Cowboys lost Diggs, LVE and Overshown to injury and that is unfortunate. The defense became a problem because they are weak at DT and they have no LBs. So yes, the defense may be overrated and this is where they need to apply some fixes.

As I posted a few times in other threads, we knew this team struggled to stop the run, and to run the football. Yet we convinced ourselves they could win in the playoffs with these glaring weaknesses. If there is an area that was overrated it is definitely the defensive line, and the guys who play right behind them. Otherwise the Cowboys do have a pretty good roster.

And I want to make another point, yes, we played a bunch of lousy teams over the course of the year. But we didn't just beat them, we stomped them, including the Giants who beast the Packers just a few weeks ago. Yes, we lost to the Dolphins but it was a last 2nd FG in Miami. This is a good team that was let down by their coaches in the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The funniest thing I heard was that we are the only ones who had a chance to beat the 49ers because our talent level matches theirs. Uh huh.
It’s true though.

We even have a better Quarterback than them.