Talk about overvaluing your own

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right? now that the giant coaching hole is fixed and the roster is getting improved with Garrett out of the way, I’m expecting a minimum of three more wins/season and an NFC Championship game berth. I can’t wait.

Can you at least admit that Garrett was not very good at the things I mentioned? Or is that asking too much?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
What frustrated me even more was the $20 million man on the other side repeatedly losing contain on mobile quarterbacks. And allowing Josh Allen and Mitch Trubisky to keep drives alive and have career games.
One of the worst signings of Jones in a long while. He was a jag last year.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you at least admit that Garrett was not very good at the things I mentioned? Or is that asking too much?

To be honest, I didn’t really read your post all that carefully. And it seems like a pain to go back and look for it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
What frustrated me even more was the $20 million man on the other side repeatedly losing contain on mobile quarterbacks. And allowing Josh Allen and Mitch Trubisky to keep drives alive and have career games.
I can't speak his name. That deal made me sick at the time, and it's worse now. Can you say overvalued?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Listening to the Break. These guys are out of their minds. They think Haha is a wash for Jeff Heath. LMAO. They also think Collins/Woods are about equal to McCoy/Poe.

they all believe this team is worse than it was a year ago.

Its without a doubt worse than a year ago...
What are you talking about?

Truth is fans overrate every single acquisition every year. The new shiny toy that they havent watched 15 mins watching is "without a doubt an improvement". It's laughable.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't speak his name. That deal made me sick at the time, and it's worse now. Can you say overvalued?

He put up numbers when it matters most to him, and the Cowboys other misses and mistakes meant that they really had little choice but to pay him at the time. But he'd better have a better 2020 than 2019 or else this team will be looking for that 'out' in his contract as soon as they can.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Listening to the Break. These guys are out of their minds. They think Haha is a wash for Jeff Heath. LMAO. They also think Collins/Woods are about equal to McCoy/Poe.

The team right now is much worse then last year.

Still i am happy heath is gone. I cannot understand how someone can compare a NFL safety like Dix to a third class college bench warmer like Heath.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Well as of right now....I would say this team as a whole is worse. That can be swayed based on them coming out of this draft with at least 2 starters though.

Garrett being gone is huge. So is Marinelli. Those 2 were cancers to this team. Replacing the coach does wonders for this team and breathes life into this team, something we haven't had in a decade.

Also, addition by subtraction with getting rid of Witten and Heath. Letting Jarwin be the main guy and open up the offense. We got big guys in the middle of this line. I never was a fan of Byron so did not care that we didn't sign up and kind of glad we didn't. We need new blood on that side of the ball.

Losing Frederick was big, though but we maintained without him with Looney in 2018.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
As of right now the team is worse imo, because they didn't replace Byron Jones and Robert Quinn. Poe/McCoy/Haha are upgrades but it isn't enough to fix those two big losses.

kumizi

Reaction score

If you don't go by the name on the back of the jerseys, it's pretty close to a wash. I think the new trio is slightly better than the old trio for this upcoming year. They're all on the decline though so I wouldn't be shocked if they were worse.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Loss - Replacement

Offense:

TE Witten - Jarwin
C Frederick - Looney/McGovern
SWR Cobb - nobody

Defense:

RDE Quinn - Gregory/Smith
3DT Collins - McCoy
1DT Woods - Poe
1CB Jones - nobody
S Heath - Dix

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't get it.
i liked Heath...Clinton-Dix is CLEARLY better.
i liked Collins...Gerald McCoy is CLEARLY better.
and Dontari Poe....miles better of A Woods.
we've gotten better in the middle...not worse.
we address DE,CB in the draft...there's a chance we're better.
as for WR...take advantage of the depth of the class or use Devin Smith as the slot receiver.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Well we do still have Woods lol.

And from what Ive heard HaHa is going to play FS. So you cant really make a comparison. Heath is not a good starting SS. Him and Woods might be a wash, but HaHa is an upgrade at the FS position over Woods.
Woods was ok at FS , but can he play SS, especially run support ?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The proper comparison for McCoy/Poe is Collins/Bennett. Woods isn't going anywhere. We got better in run defense and at LDT, worse against the pass and at RDT.

Heath could play both spots and was a core special teamer. Dix is better for coverage, but Heath better for run support and ST.

If Dix and Woods weren't *both* short timers, I'd want Heath back as our primary backup and core STer. But it's time to develop a young guy or two for next year.