Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
On WFAN Radio...good stuff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is NOT going to be a special quarterback

Says he looks lost at times

Wondering why he took some of the sacks he did

Says Manning is a nice player but not a guy that is going to lead you and he doesn't have "it"

They even joked and said Little Manning was adopted :laugh2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I bet San Diego is looking pretty good to ole Eli right about now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What makes it worse for him is the success that Peyton has had. That is a shadow he will never be able to escape from.

Woods

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1761035 said:

Says Manning is a nice player but not a guy that is going to lead you and he doesn't have "it"

I don't think Manning will be as good as Romo, but I think Manning is a "good" QB - not great, mind you. And I don't think he'll ever be great. (Unlike Romo, who I think will end up being considered one of the best in franchise history and in the NFL.)

But with a good team around him, Manning is good enough to take a team and make a (deep) push into the playoffs.

There's nothing wrong in admitting that Romo > Manning if you're a Giants fan. Romo is currently playing better than nearly all NFL QB, except Brady.

Reaction score

well, he may be lost, and he may not have "it".

but the fact is that he did not give up 4 TD passes to romo & co, his defense did.

Smith22

Reaction score
They need to get on that Giants defense. For all the hype they received, we rolled over that defense for another 30+.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Cowboy Bill Watts;1761057 said:
well, he may be lost, and he may not have "it".

but the fact is that he did not give up 4 TD passes to romo & co, his defense did.

Yep.

They just came back from commercial break and have set their eyes on the overrated Giants' Defense.

They are going over all the points they have allowed, especially to good teams.

They are saying the rookie Joseph who had Barber on that 3rd and 1 made a horrible play by trying to go high on him.

Owens fans will love this...they are saying Owens is a Hall of Famer and didn't understand some of the coverages and no pass rush.

They (Giants Defense) think they are much better than they are ALL THE TIME.....:bow:

Said Coughlin was kind of a punk at the PC after the game...so much for Mr. Nice.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Like I have said several times, without the name of Manning, Elie would just be another QB in Canada, if that.

Rough day for both Mannings. Both looked like their overrated father (as in losing.):)

Nav22

Reaction score
I believe Brett Favre will have something to say about that, as he now leads the NFL in passing yards,
Only because he has a lot more attempts. Compare their yards per attempt, and it's advantage: Romo.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Now they are trying to say that Romo was past the line of Scrimmage on the TD to Hurd.

Saying he released the ball on the 13 yard line when the LOS was on the 15.

SuperMan313

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1761056 said:
I don't think Manning will be as good as Romo, but I think Manning is a "good" QB - not great, mind you. And I don't think he'll ever be great. (Unlike Romo, who I think will end up being considered one of the best in franchise history and in the NFL.)

But with a good team around him, Manning is good enough to take a team and make a (deep) push into the playoffs.

There's nothing wrong in admitting that Romo > Manning if you're a Giants fan. Romo is currently playing better than nearly all NFL QB, except Brady.
I don't want to troll or anything, but Brett Favre currently leads the NFL in passing yards and has pretty much catapulted the Packers into numerous victories by himself.(KC game)

But there's no doubt Romo will be the next great QB in the upcoming generation of new QB's, maybe he could return home and wear Green and Gold after his idol Favre calls it quits. :p

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Chargers and the Giants were both losers... with the trade or not.....

BOTH QB's are NOT that good.

Good, just not that good.

aikemirv

Reaction score

In what I call the "year of the Quarterback":

24 QB's have completed 60% or more of their passes - Manning is at 59.4

When 8 are on pace for more than 4000 yards - Eli is at 14th and on schedule for 3200.

When 11 have a rating of 90 and above - ELi is 20th at 78.6

When 17 have an average per attempt of over 7 - Eli is 25th at 6.4

He is average at best!!!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
they've been doing that since day 1.

most local writers thought Ernie A. was fleeced by SD and didnt' want a punk who dictated terms (not playing in SD, only NY). that stuff doesen't work here (witness the abuse Arod was given with the yanks. LOL).

aikemirv

Reaction score
SuperMan313;1761118 said:
I don't want to troll or anything, but Brett Favre currently leads the NFL in passing yards and has pretty much catapulted the Packers into numerous victories by himself.(KC game)

But there's no doubt Romo will be the next great QB in the upcoming generation of new QB's, maybe he could return home and wear Green and Gold after his idol Favre calls it quits. :p

He just signed a 6 year contract;)

Farve is playing very well. I like Favre as a player for the same reason I like Romo. They just go out and have fun playing the game.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1761117 said:
Now they are trying to say that Romo was past the line of Scrimmage on the TD to Hurd.

Saying he released the ball on the 13 yard line when the LOS was on the 15.

Not that it matters, but does anybody have any insight into this claim?

I am at work so I can't re-watch the game.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikemirv;1761166 said:
In what I call the "year of the Quarterback":

24 QB's have completed 60% or more of their passes - Manning is at 59.4

When 8 are on pace for more than 4000 yards - Eli is at 14th and on schedule for 3200.

When 11 have a rating of 90 and above - ELi is 20th at 78.6

When 17 have an average per attempt of over 7 - Eli is 25th at 6.4

He is average at best!!!

Eli Manning is a very comparable to Bledsoe in my opinion. Bledsoe had a little stronger arm and Manning has better pocket presence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
New York just needs to shut up and be patient.

I think at worst Eli is going to be a solid Quarterback and in this league solid Quarterbacks are hard to find and worth a first rounder.

He'll get better the more he plays. Hes surrounded by a bunch of jerks with ego's and I think he has done well in the situation he has been in.

The New York Media hurts a lot of players careers more than it helps in the long run. Thats why im glad im not a fan of any of those franchises.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
CATCH17;1761194 said:
New York just needs to shut up and be patient.

I think at worst Eli is going to be a solid Quarterback and in this league solid Quarterbacks are hard to find and worth a first rounder.

He'll get better the more he plays. Hes surrounded by a bunch of jerks with ego's and I think he has done well in the situation he has been in.

The New York Media hurts a lot of players careers more than it helps in the long run. Thats why im glad im not a fan of any of those franchises.

That sounds good but when you demand a trade before you take a snap in the NFL and say you don't want to play in SD, then you are really asking for karma.

Like Rick Goselin was saying on Galloway the other day, the guy was the #1 overall pick, looking at it from that perspective, the guy has been a let down.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
He does seem to carry himself like
"Frosty the Slowman"

He only runs when he feels his life is in danger-lol He never runs to buy time for receivers to get open