Talk Radio in NY taking Manning to task

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1761217 said:
That sounds good but when you demand a trade before you take a snap in the NFL and say you don't want to play in SD, then you are really asking for karma.

Like Rick Goselin was saying on Galloway the other day, the guy was the #1 overall pick, looking at it from that perspective, the guy has been a let down.

Yeah but he demanded the trade to New York. They were all giddy to have him. Now they are the ones busting on him.

Its one thing for San Diego talk shows to talk down on him for that reason. But not the media in his back yard.

This all boils down to his play on the field though and imo if New York fans will be patient they are going to find themselves with a darn good Quarterback.

Now living up to the #1 pick and having the last name Manning is going to be tough but at the worst they will get a guy who is going to give them a good shot at winning.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
CATCH17;1761194 said:
New York just needs to shut up and be patient.

I think at worst Eli is going to be a solid Quarterback and in this league solid Quarterbacks are hard to find and worth a first rounder.

He'll get better the more he plays. Hes surrounded by a bunch of jerks with ego's and I think he has done well in the situation he has been in.

The New York Media hurts a lot of players careers more than it helps in the long run. Thats why im glad im not a fan of any of those franchises.

Well when is that going to happen? he will be starting his 5th season next year so when will he become this great star????

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Here is what some Giants fans gad to say about Eli from various articles and message boards I have read:
Great players make the game-changing plays. Instinct takes over and they do whatever it takes to win. They don't get called for delay of game.
Does anyone have any suggestions about what the Giants can do about Eli. He seized up during yesterday's game. How do you fix that? Time to give him a rest, or do they have no choice but to stick with him? Do something in between, as when the Giants had Heinrich play the first half while conerly watched, decided with coaches how to attack when he took over in second half? I tend toward gritting teeth and sticking with him till season ends, but wonder what everybody thinks.
gritting teeth is a good explanation and that's what i've been doing with eli his whole career. it's obvious that the only way eli can be effective is if he is protected. that wasn't the case yesterday, and that's usually not the case whenever the giants play better teams (i.e. dallas). considering how dire the backup situation is (cough jared lorenzen), there is no way that eli could ever be benched - not even for a half. the giants have to stick with him through this season. as these big-game losses continue to mount, i think its become apparent that eli will never be elite or even great. however in the NFL, teams can win just with slightly above-average QB play, just not win championships. i dont know if he should be replaced because im not sure what the other options are. the fact that the giants invested so much in eli makes it hard to cut the cord. if it's not evident by my post, i think today is the worst i have felt since the '02 playoff loss to the niners. i need some prozac to get me to this big lions game on sunday.
I have always been pretty loyal to the starting QB of the Giants, whether it was Kanell, Graham, Collins, etc. I've just always thought that the starter is the starter, and we should support him. I've never been one of these fans who is always screaming for the backup, because the backup is the backup for a reason. That being said, I'm really starting to sour on Eli. After a few flashes of brilliance the last few years, I really thought this would be the year he turned it on. There are no excuses for him this year. His receivers are relatively healthy, the offensive line (except for yesterday) has kept him off his rump, and they brought in Chris Palmer to work with him. There is just no excuse for his play anymore. At what point does he stop being a young QB who is still learning and start being a very average QB who is what he is? I'm not saying Lorenzen is the answer, because he isn't. I just think the Giants need to start thinking about whether or not Eli is ever going to be the QB they thought he would be when Ernie drafted him.
what Giants fans have to understand about Eli is that even though he was the #1 pick in the 2004 draft, he's in reality a mid to late rd talent. If his name wasn't Manning, he wouldn't have been the 1st pick in the draft, he was overrated because of his bloodline. He'll never come close to being a great qb like his brother, so Giants fans shouldn't expect him to be a savior. He's a good qb, just not great or special like Romo. Good enough though, you guys shouldn't be that hard on him.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
CATCH17;1761194 said:
New York just needs to shut up and be patient.
LOL.

the same might have been said about eli... shutup, go to SD and be patient.

the ability of people to defend multi-millionaire crybaby jocks is mind-boggling.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
http://img162.*************/img162/9060/eliadoptednd2.jpg

hahaha (this was made by one of the guys on this site)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I suggested before the game that I suspect they'll be looking for his replacement in the first or second round of the draft this season.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1761035 said:
On WFAN Radio...good stuff

------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is NOT going to be a special quarterback

Says he looks lost at times

Wondering why he took some of the sacks he did

Says Manning is a nice player but not a guy that is going to lead you and he doesn't have "it"

They even joked and said Little Manning was adopted :laugh2:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

the best part was " lil manning got adopted" :laugh2:

Eli is a solid but not as great as his brother is..that's the problem there..

everybody in NY, expects the guy to be the next payton manning, and that

is not gonna happen for the poop face.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Duane;1761312 said:
Jdub, paragraphs are your friend.

LOL, my bad. I fixed it...I posted it in haste without checking to see if my copy and paste technique worked...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;1761274 said:
Well when is that going to happen? he will be starting his 5th season next year so when will he become this great star????

I dont know if he will ever become a great star but nothing worse than solid for NFL standards imo.