Talked to Josh Norman and his brother Mario today

fansince68

Reaction score
University connection. He dropped a dime for his name on a building. He comes to visit about 3 times per year. I get a Christmas text and a Happy Birthday. I keep trying to get sideline passes for a Dallas game, thus far no dice. I am the old guy he recognizes when he returns.
You at CCU? My daughter attends that school.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I'm guessing Josh didn't know you were going to broadcast your personal conversation on a Cowboys message board.
Hey man, I didn't broadcast everything we talked about. I thought I would post some interesting stuff. I didn't try to offend anyone in the forum. I have known Josh since around 2006. He is a funny dude, that says some hysterical politically incorrect stuff that I would never publish. I thought it was interesting but since this thread took a turn I will refrain from posting about this type of topic in the future. He has great conversations about things other than football; outdoors, horses, health, farming, camping and normal stuff. He has a background in communications and my background is instructional design.

cern

Reaction score
I talked to my labs this morning. "Dead bird. Fetch it up. Let go. Good girl."

Blackthorn

Reaction score
You at CCU? My daughter attends that school.
Yeah. The field house is dedicated to the Norman brothers. Good family
Has he ever talked about Cam? What he's like around teammates--that sort of thing. I believe they scrapped once but that could have just been a fleeting thing.

From speaking to Josh and the other NFL players that I know. The NFL is like one big brotherhood. Players may have a disagreement with opposing teams or their teammates but they have a close bond. The nature of the business is fleeting and they can lose their jobs any day. Most players don't have job security and may be forced to switch teams at anytime. When he was on the Panthers he was close to Cam. NFL players try not to speak about other players. On the field and practice Josh has an elevated mental toughness, which is where he and Cam clashed. After practice it was over. Josh's standard answer about any player is "that's my boy". Josh has always ribbed me about Dallas. In a friendly way.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hey man, I didn't broadcast everything we talked about. I thought I would post some interesting stuff. I didn't try to offend anyone in the forum. I have known Josh since around 2006. He is a funny dude, that says some hysterical politically incorrect stuff that I would never publish. I thought it was interesting but since this thread took a turn I will refrain from posting about this type of topic in the future. He has great conversations about things other than football; outdoors, horses, health, farming, camping and normal stuff. He has a background in communications and my background is instructional design.
I rather enjoyed what you shared and look forward to more.

TheHerd

Reaction score

Don't stop posting this stuff because there are a few wipes in this thread. Most of us enjoy everything you write.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I talked to God today and he said he wished I went to Church more often. He also said that he doesn’t believe in the SLing It Around Offense. Thinks it is too predictable.
When you go say a prayer for me.

risco

Reaction score
Josh stated that the NFC East is still up for grabs and it is a dog fight. He thinks that Washington is in the drivers seat with the best record. He think he can play until he is 40.
We always banter about Dallas. He had some usual comments. He said that Jerry is the best owner and GM in the league. He also thinks that Dak needs to trust his arm more on his first read. He thinks Dak is easy pickins with his slow release and slower reads this season. He stated that releasing Dez was laughable and thought Dez would return this season. He surprised they haven't been reunited. He thought the offense was garbage without Dez and Witten.

Josh said that on Thanksgiving day that he will have his best day ever as a player. When the schedule was released that's the game he circled. I love his cockiness and swagger.

He plans on going fishing after Thanksgiving to de-stress. I tried to invite myself and he shot down that notion. Josh is a funny man. His first words to me, "boy , you are getting fat. Better layoff the food, Literally quit sleeping on the Twinkies. It is cool seeing him a few times per year.

I hope the Boys make it a dogfight.
This is hard for me to believe but could be true. It’s very unlikely that a nfl player would be discussing how good or bad other nfl players are to a fan. These guys usually have a huge respect each other.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meeting the Cowboys Scouts and Scouts from other team really has been interesting as well. I usually will post that interaction as well. I did at dc.com

Don’t sweat the backlash. It always happens if someone claims a source. Put ‘em on ignore and keep on dishing out.

For the record, I love Josh Norman. He talks, but he walks the walk.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Your boy Josh is getting beat like a drum today. Maybe he shouldn't be looking so far ahead to Thanksgiving.

Carson

Reaction score
Yeah. The field house is dedicated to the Norman brothers. Good family

From speaking to Josh and the other NFL players that I know. The NFL is like one big brotherhood. Players may have a disagreement with opposing teams or their teammates but they have a close bond. The nature of the business is fleeting and they can lose their jobs any day. Most players don't have job security and may be forced to switch teams at anytime. When he was on the Panthers he was close to Cam. NFL players try not to speak about other players. On the field and practice Josh has an elevated mental toughness, which is where he and Cam clashed. After practice it was over. Josh's standard answer about any player is "that's my boy". Josh has always ribbed me about Dallas. In a friendly way.

Nice man! I live in myrtle

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
University connection. He dropped a dime for his name on a building. He comes to visit about 3 times per year. I get a Christmas text and a Happy Birthday. I keep trying to get sideline passes for a Dallas game, thus far no dice. I am the old guy he recognizes when he returns.
Old? Who is the dude in your avatar?

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Old? Who is the dude in your avatar?
Ryan Bingham, my favorite singer. First met him through hiking, liked his music and now I have an unhealthy obsession with his tours. He is a quite dude though, doesn't talk a lot. I have zero stories about conversations with him. He actually let's my grandson (age 6) stand on the side of the stage. That's about it.

Last edited: