Recap: Talkin Cowboys 4/30

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
• Dallas has a tough stretch with the schedule. Better be good early, because its going to be real tough at the end of the season.

• First 4 games of the season will you give you an indicator of how this season will go.

• 3 of the first 4 games are against 3-4 teams

• Marinelli is the type of coach that you can draft a later round guy and develop him to give you a high draft pick type of production.

• Drafting Jimmy Ward allows Dallas to bring him up to the slot in Dime situations and let Wicox come in.

• If Dallas does trade it wouldnt be brought up until draft day. But most likely picking at 16 unless a team calls to trade up.

• Fredrick had a tough yr going up against good DL. And looks ripe to improve this yr.

• Dallas will not take Jernigan at 16 because they view him as a 1tech. Not a smoke screen.

• Spencer is still not running on his own. Thats why he's signing the dea that he signed. Dallas has a clause
in Spencers contract. if he goes on IR or PUP he only gets half of that 1.25 mil. Broaddus said 50/50 that he plays this yr.

• Keep an eye on Kyle Wilber this yr competing for the SAM spot. Draft Shazier and play him at the WILL and let Carter and Wilber go at it at the SAM. Hollomon backup Mike.

Another name to keep an eye on is Weems.

• Escobar has been working hard, and has gotten bigger.

• Watch McCain this yr. He's a get up the field type of guy.

• Linehan runs alot of plays down the field, that could open things under for a guy like Beasley

• A good trade would be trading with Cleveland side down to 26 and their two RD3 picks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Escobar has been working hard, and has gotten bigger.

I'm glad to hear that I hope to see him getting more playing time this season but of course to get playing time you got to earn playing time.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's 6-2 293 and very athletic. Panthers drafted him as a 3-tech.

well i dont know what he has been doing when he gets upfield then cos it sure as hell isnt sacking the qb, making tfl or getting qb pressures.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
the same scheme in houston that an undersized arhletic dt like jay ratliff excelled in?
and carolina plays a 4-3 dont they?

Rat got those primarily in the nickel. McClain didn't get those type snaps. He definitely needs to develop more in pass rushing technique, but he is still suppose to be very active in both the run and pass.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
• First 4 games of the season will you give you an indicator of how this season will go.

• Spencer is still not running on his own. Thats why he's signing the dea that he signed. Dallas has a clause
in Spencers contract. if he goes on IR or PUP he only gets half of that 1.25 mil. Broaddus said 50/50 that he plays this yr.

I salute you and your post.

However, on the first 4 games as an indicator.
NEIN! NEIN! Remember, we half a December swoon. It is now in the Cowboys genes. A swell season could well go down the tubes from late November to December.

As to Spencer getting half of 1.25 mil: What a great country where a athlete can get free money for being injured.
I am liking this deal less and less and less. And I don't care it is for $1.25 mil -- that is too much. And I don't care if the deal is for one year. He's damaged goods. Yesterday, now and tomorrow. And I suspect he half a little bit of Ratliff in him.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I would like to see Hollomon win starting Weakside LB, as well as backing up Lee, and let Wilber & Carter duke it out at SAM.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rat got those primarily in the nickel. McClain didn't get those type snaps. He definitely needs to develop more in pass rushing technique, but he is still suppose to be very active in both the run and pass.

i hope to hell 3 of the best defensive minds in the game in Rivera, Phillips and belichick missed something then.......not saying he cant be a late bloomer but tbh chances are he wont

ShiningStar

Reaction score
is it me or is that bland stuff? could he have just said, we are thinking of drafting guys to play the team and our guys are looking great, we have done great work.

RS12

Reaction score
Fredrick had a tough yr going up against good DL. And looks ripe to improve this yr.

Who made this "insightful" comment? He is a big reason the team ran the ball so well last year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
i hope to hell 3 of the best defensive minds in the game in Rivera, Phillips and belichick missed something then.......not saying he cant be a late bloomer but tbh chances are he wont

It's more that he was out of position as a 3 tech at least early in his career and he doesn't exactly fit as a 3-4 nt. He's also improved.