Recap: Talkin Cowboys 4/30

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
• Dallas will not take Jernigan at 16 because they view him as a 1tech. Not a smoke screen.

Craziness. I am not advocating the 16 thing, but to just eliminate a position as not first round worthy, as they have done, is insane considering we have one quality starter on the entire DL.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Hollomon is a starter IMHO . He was very impressive everytime he played last season . Carter should be the one benched .

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
• A good trade would be trading with Cleveland side down to 26 and their two RD3 picks.
My biggest fear would be the player we would get at 26 would be a big dropoff in talent from the one we would get at 16. I'll admit I am not familiar enough with CLE to know if that kind of trade is something they would seriously consider. At this point I would say yes to a deal like that for the additional 3rd round picks. Even if we did not leverage one for a higher pick, the thought of 3 picks in the 3rd round in this draft is really exciting. Getting 5 of the top 100 players on our board is exactly what we need.

slick325

Reaction score
Craziness. I am not advocating the 16 thing, but to just eliminate a position as not first round worthy, as they have done, is insane considering we have one quality starter on the entire DL.

I couldn't agree more. Especially when he is so far superior and a better athlete at that position than anyone on the roster currently and in the draft. I truly hope that this is a smokescreen and they take this kid if Donald and Barr are gone because Tampa Bay had no issue putting McFarland next to Sapp and we saw how that worked out.

Doomsay

Reaction score

Also questionable from a signaling perspective. Information has value.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That trade down with Cleveland would work.
Then get Shazier or maybe a lucky slider there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Also questionable from a signaling perspective. Information has value.

Of course. There is no value in saying you can get one-technique tackles later.

And no, it is not a clever Jonesian "smokescreen".

That is a fallacy right now when NFL execs can play the media about anything and everything draft related with a lot more subtlety.

If that is what Dallas is attempting, well, it is pretty much poorly executed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How is it crazy? It's simple supply and demand. You draft rare players early, and are happy to find more common athletes later. It's not a question of position. It's a question of scarcity.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Laugh at the idea they expect to draft late round guys and get top round production just because of Marinelli. There is a reason the Rat was an exception; just how many 6th and 7th rd picks EVER make the pro bowl?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
[quote="
Drafting Jimmy Ward allows Dallas to bring him up to the slot in Dime situations and let Wicox come in.
.[/quote]

Ok, this question if for those of you who know........Jimmy Ward vs Vaccario (sp?) out of Texas last year......who was the best prospect coming into the draft?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I salute you and your post.

However, on the first 4 games as an indicator.
NEIN! NEIN! Remember, we half a December swoon. It is now in the Cowboys genes. A swell season could well go down the tubes from late November to December.

As to Spencer getting half of 1.25 mil: What a great country where a athlete can get free money for being injured.
I am liking this deal less and less and less. And I don't care it is for $1.25 mil -- that is too much. And I don't care if the deal is for one year. He's damaged goods. Yesterday, now and tomorrow. And I suspect he half a little bit of Ratliff in him.

I dont think he would make it out of TC if he cant make it back by preseason atleast. Release him at the end of camp costs Dallas minimal

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Laugh at the idea they expect to draft late round guys and get top round production just because of Marinelli. There is a reason the Rat was an exception; just how many 6th and 7th rd picks EVER make the pro bowl?

LATER round guys. Look what he did with a 3th round guy in Hatcher. He's laughing at you. Look what he did with Melton, he's also lauighing at you. Thats what they meant. They dont need to force a RD1 guy with a coach like Marinelli

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I don't know why people say this.

Unless we go 0-4 to start it tells us nothing.

I think second half of the season so usually more telling. You start to separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Pretty sure they mean what type of team they are going to field. Schemes, holes, and strengths.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Who made this "insightful" comment? He is a big reason the team ran the ball so well last year.

Actually against big stronger guys Fredrick was blown off the ball quite a few times right up the middle

visionary

Reaction score

If it were Jerry or Stephen making this decision, I would agree with you
I just don't have the courage to question McClay

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
How is it crazy? It's simple supply and demand. You draft rare players early, and are happy to find more common athletes later. It's not a question of position. It's a question of scarcity.

I agree. You should think hard about passing up a playmaker.