Talking Cowboys - Injury Updates

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theebs;2440232 said:
and of course that is a big blow if we lose jenkins too. Seattle has branch, engram, robinson and a terrific rookie in Jon carlson at TE. Plus they throw it alot to morris. if we lose jenkins we simply dont have enough guys with the ability to cover. We will be relying on alan ball and keith davis to make stops in the passing game.

We need to get healthy fast.
Seattle's offense is horrible. If we can't slow Seattle, we might as well hang it up for the year.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2440498 said:
So to sum up our safeties we have...

Roy Williams, who can't cover
Keith Davis, who can't cover
Courtney Brown, who can't tackle
Pat Watkins, who can't tackle or cover

and IMO Ken Hamlin should be playing Strong, not Free Safety.

I think a safety (who can cover) is almost as big an off-season need as a run-stuffing NT.

Hamlin can't cover either......

Smith22

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2440588 said:
Seattle's offense is horrible. If we can't slow Seattle, we might as well hang it up for the year.

Agreed. Hassleback looked awful versus the skins.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
theebs;2440232 said:
I said it yesterday, i think we have seen the last of watkins for the season. His health has to be considered long term at this point.

I am also worried we might have seen the last of kosier. Kristie scales originally reported they retaped the foot and looked at and he went back in. then in the second half they told her they were just resting him because he had pain.

and of course that is a big blow if we lose jenkins too. Seattle has branch, engram, robinson and a terrific rookie in Jon carlson at TE. Plus they throw it alot to morris. if we lose jenkins we simply dont have enough guys with the ability to cover. We will be relying on alan ball and keith davis to make stops in the passing game.

We need to get healthy fast.
Then why did Hasselbeck only throw for 103 yds against the skins?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the time of year when your depth gets tested. We're not the only ones with injury holes in the roster.

You do wonder about Kosier. He's a big guy to be having repeated foot problems. It's easy to see something like this becoming a chronic problem.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2440615 said:
Then why did Hasselbeck only throw for 103 yds against the skins?

because the Commanders are very good on defense for starters.

and he threw two braindead awful interceptions.

I am curious did you check romos stats vs the skins two weeks ago?

He is a very good qb, yesterday he hurt his team and cost them the game. If he plays better thursday which I imagine he will they will be tough. Carlson will give us problems and morris is quick.

Teams still dont respect our secondary, I hope we prove them all wrong and prove me wrong that this isnt a dogfight and whip their tails thursday.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2440650 said:
because the Commanders are very good on defense for starters.

and he threw two braindead awful interceptions.

I am curious did you check romos stats vs the skins two weeks ago?

He is a very good qb, yesterday he hurt his team and cost them the game. If he plays better thursday which I imagine he will they will be tough. Carlson will give us problems and morris is quick.

Teams still dont respect our secondary, I hope we prove them all wrong and prove me wrong that this isnt a dogfight and whip their tails thursday.

Matt Hasslebeck/ Seneca Wallace has been bad all year. I don't expect an offensive explosion from them nor will their be one.

juck

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2440498 said:
So to sum up our safeties we have...

Roy Williams, who can't cover
Keith Davis, who can't cover
Courtney Brown, who can't tackle
Pat Watkins, who can't tackle or cover

and IMO Ken Hamlin should be playing Strong, not Free Safety.

I think a safety (who can cover) is almost as big an off-season need as a run-stuffing NT.

Henry will be a good FS.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2440464 said:
We moved him there before anyone got hurt though, as far as I know.
I thought Roy Williams (Oklahoma) was playing Strong Safety before he got hurt?

Everson24

Reaction score
Tra_Col99;2440092 said:
Same foot? Will it ever be the same? Could this be a career ending injury that will never get better?

The frustrating part is that he initially hurt the foot in the fourth quarter of the last preseason game. He should never have been in the game at that point.:bang2: