Talking Cowboys - Injury Updates

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They were just now running down the injuries and they said that Watkins suffered yet another stinger and is very questionable for Thursday, Jenkins pulled a hamstring and they have to see how bad it was but he has a good shot of not playing Thursday, and they said Kyle hurt the same foot again, and they're waiting for an MRI today, but the coaches don't think he cracked anything again, like before, but they're worried he aggrivated the ligaments again.

According to the show Kyle hurt the foot, initially, in the second quarter some time but was able to keep playing cause it wasn't too bad but they pulled him when they did in the second half because the pain began to be too much to play with.

It sounds like that he's almost certainly not going to be playing Thursday according to how they were reporting it on the show.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
hmmm no these injuries suck.....I guessed Jenkins pulled a muscle flexing....it's crazy how players that have such little impact on the game get hurt.

Smith22

Reaction score
Kosier is obviously the worse news out of the bunch.

Watkins continues to amaze me with his tackling technique, or lack thereof. Parcells was right, the guy is going to break his neck sooner or later.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Smith22;2440081 said:

Watkins continues to amaze me with his tackling technique, or lack thereof. Parcells was right, the guy is going to break his neck sooner or later.

That's not how he hurt himself, he was trying to strip the ball and got bowled over.

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
Same foot? Will it ever be the same? Could this be a career ending injury that will never get better?

Smith22

Reaction score
TheCount;2440087 said:
That's not how he hurt himself, he was trying to strip the ball and got bowled over.

Did you see his tackle attempt last week? Campbell (a QB) trucked him over. The tackle this week wasn't that much better.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
TheCount;2440087 said:

On the Foster TD? He didn't look like he was trying to strip anything. He looked like he tried to give one of those moronic, shoulder tag, shots and just knock him down rather than wrapping up and making a real tackle attempt. He never even brought his arms up like he was trying to do anything and that's where he got injuried.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Smith22;2440099 said:
Did you see his tackle attempt last week? Campbell (a QB) trucked him over. The tackle this week wasn't that much better.

He's 6'5" and skinny, leverage isn't exactly his strong point. He should be better in coverage than he is, he should be a ball hawk, but he's not that either. So I don't really understand why he's on the team either. At one point I actually had high hopes for him, but he hasn't done much.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
It's good to see there are other people who wonder why Pat Watkins wears the star. He has made a few plays, but almost everything he does is negative.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2440179 said:
He's 6'5" and skinny, leverage isn't exactly his strong point. He should be better in coverage than he is, he should be a ball hawk, but he's not that either. So I don't really understand why he's on the team either. At one point I actually had high hopes for him, but he hasn't done much.

Me too however I wonder why he is playing the SS position and not FS which it seems he would be better suited for and Hamlin better suited for SS.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I said it yesterday, i think we have seen the last of watkins for the season. His health has to be considered long term at this point.

I am also worried we might have seen the last of kosier. Kristie scales originally reported they retaped the foot and looked at and he went back in. then in the second half they told her they were just resting him because he had pain.

and of course that is a big blow if we lose jenkins too. Seattle has branch, engram, robinson and a terrific rookie in Jon carlson at TE. Plus they throw it alot to morris. if we lose jenkins we simply dont have enough guys with the ability to cover. We will be relying on alan ball and keith davis to make stops in the passing game.

We need to get healthy fast.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
theebs;2440232 said:
and of course that is a big blow if we lose jenkins too. Seattle has branch, engram, robinson and a terrific rookie in Jon carlson at TE. Plus they throw it alot to morris. if we lose jenkins we simply dont have enough guys with the ability to cover. We will be relying on alan ball and keith davis to make stops in the passing game.

We need to get healthy fast.

Indeed. We will have a hurt Newman, a hurt Henry, and Orlando Scandrick as our secondary. If we lose any of them, we're going to have to put some serious points on the board.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
We need all the corners we can get against the Seahawks. They play alot of 3-4 WR sets.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;2440267 said:
We need all the corners we can get against the Seahawks. They play alot of 3-4 WR sets.

With all the injuries they've had this year at WR do they even have 4 WR's who are healthy enough to run a route anymore?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2440196 said:
Me too however I wonder why he is playing the SS position and not FS which it seems he would be better suited for and Hamlin better suited for SS.

He's definitely not a SS, I'm not sure why we moved him there either.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2440442 said:
He's definitely not a SS, I'm not sure why we moved him there either.
I think they wanted to keep Hamlin at Free Safety because he's the better coverage defensive back out of the two and with it forced Watkins to play strong safety in consideration of all the injuries in the secondary.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DallasEast;2440457 said:
I think they wanted to keep Hamlin at Free Safety because he's the better coverage defensive back out of the two and with it forced Watkins to play strong safety in consideration of all the injuries in the secondary.

We moved him there before anyone got hurt though, as far as I know.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Smith22;2440081 said:

I thought the same when I saw him lower his head on the tackle near the goal line I believe it was. I told my wife, he is going to have his neck broken one of these days.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So to sum up our safeties we have...

Roy Williams, who can't cover
Keith Davis, who can't cover
Courtney Brown, who can't tackle
Pat Watkins, who can't tackle or cover

and IMO Ken Hamlin should be playing Strong, not Free Safety.

I think a safety (who can cover) is almost as big an off-season need as a run-stuffing NT.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Again, I question this team's medical staff. How many times have our players been reinjured or misdiagnosed this season??