Tall (lengthy) players struggling vs speed on the field

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I would like to bring attention to my fellow Cowboys about some of the smokescreen McCarthy & Quinn are trying to sell through the media.Recently there has been overhyped about size and selective plays being shown to create a sense of hype about lengthy players.

I hate to break the news to you but 70% of the time those same lengthy players struggled all day vs speed on 1v1 drills and team activities.

Specifically Nahshon Wright, Isarel Mukuamu & Jabril Cox

The game of football is played on a field that is 100 yard x 53 yards not a sliver of sidewalk that is 3 yard wide & 100 yard deep.

All of the players I mentioned got their ankles broken by Tony Pollard & Amari Cooper in pretty much every matchup. The length (Z-axis) is useful when going in a straight line for QBs to throw but when receivers cuts in , out or cross them over with double move the length (Z-axis) is useless in X & Y direction when the receiver has 5 yards of SEPARATION and those extra 4” are useless.

In addition Kelvin Jospeh (5’-11”) put the CLAMPS on CD Lamb (6’-2”) in their matchup, but McCarthy was to egotistical to release that footage.

I’m tired of all the talk I want to see factual trial of Speed vs Size in training camp specially more of Kelvin Joseph vs CD Lamp to set the record straight.

In addition DE Golston & Basham long arms didn’t do poo against OT Knight, Steele & Ball and got stoned walled during pass rushing drills.

9UgKRzL

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would like to bring attention to my fellow Cowboys about some of the smokescreen McCarthy & Quinn are trying to sell through the media.Recently there has been overhyped about size and selective plays being shown to create a sense of hype about lengthy players.

I hate to break the news to you but 70% of the time those same lengthy players struggled all day vs speed on 1v1 drills and team activities.

The game of football is played on a field that is 100 yard x 53 yards not a sliver of sidewalk that is 3 yard wide & 100 yard deep.

All of the players I mentioned got their ankles broken by Tony Pollard & Amari Cooper in pretty much every matchup. The length (Z-axis) is useful when going in a straight line for QBs to throw but when receivers cuts in , out or cross them over with double move the length (Z-axis) is useless in X & Y direction when the receiver has 5 yards of SEPARATION and those extra 4” are useless.

In addition Kelvin Jospeh (5’-11”) put the CLAMPS on CD Lamb (6’-2”) in their matchup, but McCarthy was to egotistical to release that footage.

I’m tired of all the talk I want to see factual trial of Speed vs Size in training camp specially more of Kelvin Joseph vs CD Lamp to set the record straight.

In addition DE Golston & Basham long arms didn’t do poo against OT Knight, Steele & Ball and got stoned walled during pass rush drills.

9UgKRzL

I have so missed you.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Kelvin Jospeh is similar to Marshon Lattimore & Darrelle Revis in terms of playing style. He is going to be the best player from this class.

visionary

Reaction score

In addition DE Golston & Basham long arms didn’t do poo against OT Knight, Steele & Ball and got stoned walled during pass rushing drills.

9UgKRzL

What are you still doing here?
Didn’t we already pay your brother 42 million?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The game is a lot different when the pads are on and the hitting is real. Best to reserve judgment until then.

Yea and you just don’t play in a straight line, let see those hips move when they gotta cover space.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You are contradicting what's been reported about our taller new players. Why does what you have to say matter more than what the people watching practice have to say? It doesn't. There have been no reports of them struggling against the "speed" on the field. It's all been quite positive about the taller players.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
You are contradicting what's been reported about our taller new players. Why does what you have to say matter more than what the people watching practice have to say? It doesn't. There have been no reports of them struggling against the "speed" on the field. It's all been quite positive about the taller players.

Yea like McCarthy wasn’t allowing media in last year, and was secretive about all of the practices as if it was an advantage.

How many route combination did they really defend besides a go route?

Reactions: BAT

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a scale of 1-10, I place the importance and relevance of matchups played out in OTAs in shorts and t-shirts at about a 3. It can reveal some things but it is never done in a real game context with pads and other factors that make football a team sport as opposed to a shorts and t-shirt individual olympics.

I’m not saying it means nothing, but I am saying it doesn’t mean that much.

The shouts of greatness proclaimed by too many Cowboys fans about the “amazing” Rico Gathers comes to mind. A star of OTAs. And currently no longer playing NFL football. Let’s not read too much either way into OTAs.

Maxmadden

Reaction score

9UgKRzL

Did you dream up all of your data in your head or did you actually get it from Youtube?

Just so you know it is a trick question?