Tall (lengthy) players struggling vs speed on the field

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good thing our schedule doesn't include 1 on 1 drills or team activities and we can just play regular football!
That’s another reason why many “stars” at training camp don’t end up being impact players. They may shine in drills but that’s different than game action.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I would like to bring attention to my fellow Cowboys about some of the smokescreen McCarthy & Quinn are trying to sell through the media.Recently there has been overhyped about size and selective plays being shown to create a sense of hype about lengthy players.

I hate to break the news to you but 70% of the time those same lengthy players struggled all day vs speed on 1v1 drills and team activities.

Specifically Nahshon Wright, Isarel Mukuamu & Jabril Cox

The game of football is played on a field that is 100 yard x 53 yards not a sliver of sidewalk that is 3 yard wide & 100 yard deep.

All of the players I mentioned got their ankles broken by Tony Pollard & Amari Cooper in pretty much every matchup. The length (Z-axis) is useful when going in a straight line for QBs to throw but when receivers cuts in , out or cross them over with double move the length (Z-axis) is useless in X & Y direction when the receiver has 5 yards of SEPARATION and those extra 4” are useless.

In addition Kelvin Jospeh (5’-11”) put the CLAMPS on CD Lamb (6’-2”) in their matchup, but McCarthy was to egotistical to release that footage.

I’m tired of all the talk I want to see factual trial of Speed vs Size in training camp specially more of Kelvin Joseph vs CD Lamp to set the record straight.

In addition DE Golston & Basham long arms didn’t do poo against OT Knight, Steele & Ball and got stoned walled during pass rushing drills.

9UgKRzL

Tall and fast is where it's at

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I would like to bring attention to my fellow Cowboys about some of the smokescreen McCarthy & Quinn are trying to sell through the media.Recently there has been overhyped about size and selective plays being shown to create a sense of hype about lengthy players.

I hate to break the news to you but 70% of the time those same lengthy players struggled all day vs speed on 1v1 drills and team activities.

The game of football is played on a field that is 100 yard x 53 yards not a sliver of sidewalk that is 3 yard wide & 100 yard deep.

All of the players I mentioned got their ankles broken by Tony Pollard & Amari Cooper in pretty much every matchup. The length (Z-axis) is useful when going in a straight line for QBs to throw but when receivers cuts in , out or cross them over with double move the length (Z-axis) is useless in X & Y direction when the receiver has 5 yards of SEPARATION and those extra 4” are useless.

In addition Kelvin Jospeh (5’-11”) put the CLAMPS on CD Lamb (6’-2”) in their matchup, but McCarthy was to egotistical to release that footage.

I’m tired of all the talk I want to see factual trial of Speed vs Size in training camp specially more of Kelvin Joseph vs CD Lamp to set the record straight.

In addition DE Golston & Basham long arms didn’t do poo against OT Knight, Steele & Ball and got stoned walled during pass rushing drills.

9UgKRzL

Troll much?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
So, just to recap…

1) Despite all the glowing reports of Nashon Wright from different sources, he’s actually struggling and McCarthy is pulling his considerable influence to control what’s written from presumably independent journalists.

2) Joseph has been dominant but McCarthy is suppressing this information.

cowboyec

Reaction score
So, just to recap…

1) Despite all the glowing reports of Nashon Wright from different sources, he’s actually struggling and McCarthy is pulling his considerable influence to control what’s written from presumably independent journalists.

2) Joseph has been dominant but McCarthy is suppressing this information.
and bigfoot is real.
i think you pretty much got it.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dean Wormer: “Short, slow and stiff hipped is no way to go through life, son!”

Kwyn

Reaction score

9UgKRzL

So, what your saying is the Cowboys should only sign or draft short players with short arms

got it