Tampa Bay Last Season

TexasBacon

Reaction score
ionm3z1rdzwc3kapmsn5

yazkcmz5ke0rz11p3vbo

jess-haynie_dallas-cowboys_micah-parsons-faces-the-burdens-of-history-high-expectations.jpg

BermyStar

Reaction score
How are we supposed to respond to that? These records are public knowledge. It's not like you are breaking news here.
So what should a public board discuss? Should we only air private matters? Our own thoughts? Should I not say that we drafted Micah in the 1st round? Or that we are 9-4? We should shut down the board I suppose.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Tampa Bay '20 vs. Dallas '21

TB '20 (11-5):
L W W W
L W W W
L W L L
W W
W W

DAL '21 (9-4):
L W W W
W W W
L W L L
W W
? ? ? ?

Wouldn’t be comparing the two teams. The W/L record was comparable but Tampa was playing much better football at this time last year than we are now. Not only was there defense coming on but their offense was generating a lot of points and production. Brady was playing a lot better than Dak is. Dak is struggling and so is our offense. Tampa’s running game was really starting to come on and they were generating a lot of total yards and points. They got extremely hot and it carried them to a championship. Although the Cowboys have won their last two games they’ve looked really shaky. We’re winning games because of takeaways. Our offense looks shot! We’re struggling to run and pass the ball efficiently. We have one and done written all over us.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tampa had the GOAT last season, we have Mr. Excuses

Yet Mr. Goat has had slumps to overcome as well. Including this years outing vs Washington, 220 yards with 2 ints in 19 to 29 loss and lost the week before vs the Mighty Saints. back to back loses No excuses Dak has to play better but as I said even the best have their bad outings.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be comparing the two teams. The W/L record was comparable but Tampa was playing much better football at this time last year than we are now. Not only was there defense coming on but their offense was generating a lot of points and production. Brady was playing a lot better than Dak is. Dak is struggling and so is our offense. Tampa’s running game was really starting to come on and they were generating a lot of total yards and points. They got extremely hot and it carried them to a championship. Although the Cowboys have won their last two games they’ve looked really shaky. We’re winning games because of takeaways. Our offense looks shot! We’re struggling to run and pass the ball efficiently. We have one and done written all over us.

November 08, 2020 after the Bucs lost 38 – 3 to the New Orleans Saints a friend of mine who is a Bucs fan actually introduced me to a Bucs fans site where he, and a lot of other Bucs fans, gather much like we do here. The comments in that thread are amazingly shortsighted and not all too different from some things being said about our team, by our own fans. Here are two samples:

"We need to be calling Miami and seeing what they want for Fitzpatrick"

"This team is a fraud. I hope they get shut out. Screw the Bucs."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
November 08, 2020 after the Bucs lost 38 – 3 to the New Orleans Saints a friend of mine who is a Bucs fan actually introduced me to a Bucs fans site where he, and a lot of other Bucs fans, gather much like we do here. The comments in that thread are amazingly shortsighted and not all too different from some things being said about our team, by our own fans. Here are two samples:

"We need to be calling Miami and seeing what they want for Fitzpatrick"

"This team is a fraud. I hope they get shut out. Screw the Bucs."

That was in early November I’m sure their fans enthusiasm picked up a lot by December. The Bucs started playing some great football in December. Tom Brady was playing a lot better than Dak is now. Brady tossed 12 TDs in December. He was passing for well over 300 yards in most of those games and his lowest passer rating was 110.4 in Dec. The Cowboys aren’t even close to where Tampa was last year at this time. Tampa was an ascending team late last year while the Cowboys are just scraping by right now. Dak is currently playing the worst football of his career.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think what makes Sports and Football fun is that it isn't set in stone. The goal is to get enough wins to make a tournament, and then go un-defeated in the tournament. How you get there is very seldom direct (there are only 2 undefeated regular seasons EVER).

People who watch only 1 team and the rest highlights tend to think that there team has problems that the Champions don't have. They don't watch a KC team two years ago and realize how lucky that team was to get it's defense hopping the way it did at the right time. They don't watch Bucs games to see that sometimes, despite ALL their weapons, the offense sputters. They think that Sean McVay calls perfect offense that can't be stopped. Etc.

The seasons goes through interesting twists and turns and nobody can predict it. I still believe that all it will take for the Cowboys to get to the Big Game is to get hot at the right time and make a handful of great plays. Some fans watch games and just make general Set in Stone statements that "this team cannot win" or "we'll never get there with (insert name here)" which is all pretty silly to me. Maybe they're right - only 2 teams get there every single year. But if that's a fact I can't even imagine bothering.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I think what makes Sports and Football fun is that it isn't set in stone. The goal is to get enough wins to make a tournament, and then go un-defeated in the tournament. How you get there is very seldom direct (there are only 2 undefeated regular seasons EVER).

People who watch only 1 team and the rest highlights tend to think that there team has problems that the Champions don't have. They don't watch a KC team two years ago and realize how lucky that team was to get it's defense hopping the way it did at the right time. They don't watch Bucs games to see that sometimes, despite ALL their weapons, the offense sputters. They think that Sean McVay calls perfect offense that can't be stopped. Etc.

The seasons goes through interesting twists and turns and nobody can predict it. I still believe that all it will take for the Cowboys to get to the Big Game is to get hot at the right time and make a handful of great plays. Some fans watch games and just make general Set in Stone statements that "this team cannot win" or "we'll never get there with (insert name here)" which is all pretty silly to me. Maybe they're right - only 2 teams get there every single year. But if that's a fact I can't even imagine bothering.
Well said

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So what should a public board discuss? Should we only air private matters? Our own thoughts? Should I not say that we drafted Micah in the 1st round? Or that we are 9-4? We should shut down the board I suppose.

Come on, ease up Joe. He's just making a comparison and trying to show all is not lost and this season could turn around in a big way.

When starting a post, ask a question, propose something, establish a point of view. The OP did none of that. Your attempt to be a wise guy is futile.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Yet Mr. Goat has had slumps to overcome as well. Including this years outing vs Washington, 220 yards with 2 ints in 19 to 29 loss and lost the week before vs the Mighty Saints. back to back loses No excuses Dak has to play better but as I said even the best have their bad outings.

Difference is, the great ones do have slumps, but they are short and they pull themselves out of them.

Not saying Dak can't do that, I mean he just has to. But his game is just embarrassing. And not just in the last game, but for over a month now. Without our defense being what it is, we would be 7-6 right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Difference is, the great ones do have slumps, but they are short and they pull themselves out of them.

Not saying Dak can't do that, I mean he just has to. But his game is just embarrassing. And not just in the last game, but for over a month now. Without our defense being what it is, we would be 7-6 right now.

Mahomes play in the 1st part of the season was embarrassing for KC fans. Brady and Tampa losing to the weak NO saints and Washington not very inspiring. I agree with you Dak has to play better, this offense has to play better. One saving grace at this stage of the season is the defense is playing very good ball. Myself I do have full confidence in Dak and this offense to get things righted and get back to playing to their ability.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So basically your admitting Dallas can win despite Dak, who is clearly sucking per your own words, as he’s playing like a 40 year old QB whose playoff performance is the worst among his consistently exceptional performances in the play-offs and SBs for two decade?
Defense certainly can carry teams in the postseason.