Tampa has released Gerald McCoy

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This post doesn't make any sense.

But as I edited in my last post

"We only get $6M savings cutting Crawford, and McCoy in no way is worth two times Crawford. So I'm not going there."
If I told you you could get McCoy on a 2 year 24 mil deal you wouldn't do it? Crawford is a JAG and McCoy is a 6 time pro bowler. I'd say he's worth double. Are you trying to win or save $$? Hurns I think cutting hurns frees up 5 or 6 mil if you cut him. so there's 12 mil right there. You can make the money who cares if you overpay for 1 season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I would too, but if he's got offers for multiple years at $11 million? I'm out too.

Let our young guys play and keep the money for extending our young talent.

McCoy would be nice to load up for a shot this year, but not for huge money.

That's not to say that the Crawford and Hurns deals don't need fixing.
What young talent at DT? Antwaun Woods, Daniel Ross? It's a JAG fest inside at DT.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If I told you you could get McCoy on a 2 year 24 mil deal you wouldn't do it? Crawford is a JAG and McCoy is a 6 time pro bowler. I'd say he's worth double. Are you trying to win or save $$? Hurns I think cutting hurns frees up 5 or 6 mil if you cut him. so there's 12 mil right there. You can make the money who cares if you overpay for 1 season.

I'm not doing this.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm not doing this.
Not doing what? You know I'm right. Bring in the better talent if you gotta overpay for a couple years so be it. It's the front offices job to not allow it to cripple the team. Cutting Ty Craw and Hurns is far from crippling the team.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not doing what? You know I'm right. Bring in the better talent if you gotta overpay for a couple years so be it. It's the front offices job to not allow it to cripple the team. Cutting Ty Craw and Hurns is far from crippling the team.
I know you're wrong. This conversation never goes anywhere so I'm not doing it again.

Sydla

Reaction score
I know you're wrong. This conversation never goes anywhere so I'm not doing it again.

I am curious about what he's wrong about?

McCoy is a better player than Crawford. Yeah, he's close to two times better than Crawford. And I am one that has constantly defended Crawford from some people claiming he's overpaid and stinks. stash can attest as he and I have quibbled over Crawford before.

That being said, I am also not a completely blind homer. So while I am perfectly fine with Crawford being on this team, I would absolutely, positively cut him for McCoy. Its a no brainer decision (unless of course McCoy is asking for some ridiculous contract like 3 years, $40MM or something like that).

Suh just got $10MM from TB for one year. If I could get McCoy for $10MM for one year, I'd cut Crawford so fast it would make your head spin.

Sydla

Reaction score
The JAG lovers are here to defend Ty Craw from losing his job

I like Crawford. I have zero problems with him being part of the team in 2019. Shoot, if I could keep him AND sign McCoy, that would be ideal.

But that being said, I would absolutely cut him to save $6MM to bring in McCoy say, at $10MM. These people that think McCoy is not a pretty big upgrade on Crawford just have the Cowboys goggles on.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We are 19m under the cap right now.... we don't need to cut semi-starters to save cap room

You cut guys like Hyder and Ross on the DL and NBrown or DSmith as WRs not Hurns and TCrawford

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We are 19m under the cap right now.... we don't need to cut semi-starters to save cap room

You cut guys like Hyder and Ross on the DL and NBrown or DSmith as WRs not Hurns and TCrawford
They currently on working on extending guys so we don't know the plans for the extra $$ that is currently available. If you can make it all work and keep ty craw it would be even better. But if you want to save $$ you cut hurns and ty craw. Sign mccoy even for 12 mil a year for a couple years

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I am curious about what he's wrong about?

McCoy is a better player than Crawford. Yeah, he's close to two times better than Crawford. And I am one that has constantly defended Crawford some people claiming he's overpaid and stinks.

But I am also not a complete idiotic homer. So while I am perfectly fine with Crawford being on this team, I would absolutely, positively cut him for McCoy. Its a no brainer decision (unless of course McCoy is asking for some ridiculous contract like 3 years, $40MM or something like that).

Suh just got $10MM from TB for one year. If I could get McCoy for $10MM for one year, I'd cut Crawford so fast it would make your head spin.

That's the issue, current McCoy is a better player than Crawford, but current McCoy is not remotely close to two times the player Crawford is.

As reported above McCoys is getting $11M+ offers on multi year deals.

So although he's a better player, he's not twice or $5M extra better. And that puts your team in a worse position.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That's the issue, current McCoy is a better player than Crawford, but current McCoy is not remotely close to two times the player Crawford is.

So although he's a better player, he's not twice or $5M extra better. And that puts your team in a worse position.
Position for what if you can make the $$ up by cutting a 4th string WR and a JAG dt. $$ is irrelevent here it's about getting the most talent on the team

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Position for what if you can make the $$ up by cutting a 4th string WR and a JAG dt. $$ is irrelevent here it's about getting the most talent on the team

For the third time, they aren't inclusive.

It's funny you talk about saving money for extending our players just two posts ago, and now it's "$$ is irrelevant here it's about getting the most talent on the team". Damn near back to back posts that contradict each other.

Cutting Hurns and Crawford can open up money for extensions, doesnt mean we have to sign McCoy after.

Sydla

Reaction score

Fine, then cut those guys to make room for McCoy. If I had my druthers, if we carried 10 DL it would look like this:

DE - Lawrence, Quinn, Armstrong, Charlton, Jackson
DT - McCoy, Hill, Woods, Collins
FLEX - Crawford

That's a loaded DL and gives Marinelli a crap ton of flexibility and rotational options.

I don't get the love for Hurns though. I can somewhat see defending Crawford, who has at least been productive. But Hurns? He hasn't really done squat in a few years, did very little with Dallas (20 catches in 15 games) before getting hurt AND is now coming off a significant injury. I am not sure why people act like cutting him means we would be cutting some upper echelon WR.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
For the third time, they aren't inclusive.

It's funny you talk about saving money for extending our players just two posts ago, and now it's "$$ is irrelevant here it's about getting the most talent on the team". Damn near back to back posts that contradict each other.

Cutting Hurns and Crawford can open up money for extensions, doesnt mean we have to sign McCoy after.
I said they might not be able to afford to sign mccoy and keep hurns and ty craw. due to extensions up coming. if they can sign mccoy for 11-12 m and keep them fine. If they have to cut hurns and ty craw to pay mccoy 11-12 m i'm fine with that too. I don't know what's so hard to understand

Sydla

Reaction score

He's pretty close to two times the player Crawford is. He's absolutely worth $11MM if Crawford is essentially worth $6MM. You are simply proving my point about having the homer goggles on.

For example, in QB pressures alone, he has double the number Crawford has in the last three years.

But if he's getting long, multi year contract offers, I can see why we wouldn't be involved. Then again, people predicted Suh would sign a long term deal too and he just got a pretty reasonable $10MM one year deal.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It's already been reported that we will engage Hurns regarding a paycut.

I wonder what that paycut will look like. I have no idea what # I would be okay with.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I said they might not be able to afford to sign mccoy and keep hurns and ty craw. due to extensions up coming. if they can sign mccoy for 11-12 m and keep them fine. If they have to cut hurns and ty craw to pay mccoy 11-12 m i'm fine with that too. I don't know what's so hard to understand

Then why aren't you understanding it if it isnt hard?

McCoy value has NOTHING to do with Crawford or Hurns. I'm not overpaying for McCoy just because I can get rid of other contracts. I'll get rid of those contracts if I like and go and find value elsewhere whether it be another free agent or absorbing a contract via trade at a CAP I find more value in.