Tampa has released Gerald McCoy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's got a market. I'm not getting my hopes up that this team will factor in.

Good.........I for one think reports of Cowboys having min interest are true. They just burned the first pick of the draft on a young player playing the same position. Why would you sign a vet at the same position costing over $10M when you're trying to extend 4-5 of your own key players. Don't get me wrong, I think McCoy certainly has couple more quality years left as a starter but he's not a good fit for the Cowboys ( age and $$$$ ).

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes demanding 11plus right now forget that, if he was that in demand like rumors flying, why couldn't he get traded at that cost..? hmm

Kage

Reaction score
Would love to have him, but I'd love to develop Hill and save $10mil more.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You crazy. cut hurns and ty craw and the money is right there. I would take mccoy over those 2 any day of the week.
They aren't mutually inclusive

I can cut Hurns and Crawford without overpaying McCoy.

We only get $6M savings cutting Crawford, and McCoy in no way is worth two times Crawford. So I'm not going there.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You overpay guys in FA. But the $$ is still the same. You don't win football games by saving money. Better players win games

This post doesn't make any sense.

But as I edited in my last post

"We only get $6M savings cutting Crawford, and McCoy in no way is worth two times Crawford. So I'm not going there."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You crazy. cut hurns and ty craw and the money is right there. I would take mccoy over those 2 any day of the week.

I would too, but if he's got offers for multiple years at $11 million? I'm out too.

Let our young guys play and keep the money for extending our young talent.

McCoy would be nice to load up for a shot this year, but not for huge money.

That's not to say that the Crawford and Hurns deals don't need fixing.