Twitter: Tank And Quinn

JBond

Reaction score
Be nice if we had an interior rush that would make it harder to double our ends. Marinelli wants to run a scheme that calls for a dominant 3-tech yet we ain't got one.
Hill is a raw quick twitch up the field guy. So raw. Hope he develops.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It’s a shame our DT’s are so average. Doesn’t sound from the head scout like we plan on changing that anytime soon either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Respek

EHhUHKVX4AAU10T.jpg:large

This is great, but Quinn continues to be a liability in the run game, which is the big problem for this defense.

ultron

Reaction score
My only problem with Quinn is I think he hurts our run D big time

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Huge fumble on the defensive philosophy by everybody involved. Rod was really barking bout 3Tech's being the engine of the defense...I guess Cowboys on a row boat.

Tank & Quinn remaining healthy is huge.

Imagine how effective the ends would be with someone like Aaron Donald at 3'-tech.

I know Aaron Donald is a rare, hard-to-find DT, but our guys are not even good enough to be starting at 3-tech considering what the position calls for. Makes me even more disappointed in David Irving because I believe he had the skills that were needed there as a pass rusher but his brain got in the way.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really hadn't seen Quinn get double teamed much but i'll start watching for it. Quinn often goes so far outside he's not in the play even though he beats his man. Little more interior push and quinn would be rolling in the sacks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would love to trade for Geno Atkins. Imagine having a DT that has had 9 or more sacks in 5 different seasons to go with our 2 stud DEs.
he might be the only DT available on team with no playoff hopes and might trade him but whats he actually worth? what type of pick(s) would they demand?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They've played the same quality of schedule as most of the league.

No, not really. This early in the year there's simply too many variables, some teams have a super-soft December schedule with their tougher games early while others have the opposite (Dallas).

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Man I hope we can find a way to keep Quinn. I liked him, but I didn't know he was going to be second-coming-of-Ware good at screaming off the blind side.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No, not really. This early in the year there's simply too many variables, some teams have a super-soft December schedule with their tougher games early while others have the opposite (Dallas).
The Cowboys have played 2 of the 4 best teams in the NFC. Bad teams are bad, there's no difference between playing Miami and, like Pittsburgh.

Most good teams in the NFL have played, almost exclusively, against bad teams. Go look at NE and SF's schedules. The Lions and Vikings haven't beaten anybody.

Across the league, teams have played the majority of their schedule against bad teams, because most teams are bad.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Not gonna lie. Was a bit worried when Washington traded up for Montez Sweat. He'll improve, but at this point, the data says he sucks...like shouldn't be out there sucks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This past game vs Philly is the 1st time this season I felt DLaw looked ready to play. I hope to see continue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This past game vs Philly is the 1st time this season I felt DLaw looked ready to play. I hope to see continue.

I completely agree. And I'm glad he had his best performance against Lane Johnson, a guy who has outperformed him in past meetings. It was big that he was able to apply a lot of pressure from that side, in addition to the issues the Eagles had at left tackle. His performance was big, and like you I hope it's a sign that he's back to being himself.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I completely agree. And I'm glad he had his best performance against Lane Johnson, a guy who has outperformed him in past meetings. It was big that he was able to apply a lot of pressure from that side, in addition to the issues the Eagles had at left tackle. His performance was big, and like you I hope it's a sign that he's back to being himself.

I'm sure some will take my comment as being critical of DLaw. Fact is I have very high expectation of him and I do think having the surgery late in the off season and missing training camp hurt him. I'm hoping he continues to play as he did this past week

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure some will take my comment as being critical of DLaw. Fact is I have very high expectation of him and I do think having the surgery late in the off season and missing training camp hurt him. I'm hoping he continues to play as he did this past week

I am critical and also have high expectations. When you demand and receive a contract for $20 million-plus a year, it comes with great expectations, so I make no apologies for having them.

Add in the fact that the guy talks a lot, whether he does well or not, and it can get on your nerves, it certainly does mine. He's barked and chirped for quite some time, ignorant of the fact that he often had nothing to 'talk' about. When you get your tail kicked, you have no reason to say anything, but that's never stopped him.

But while I will criticize when he disappoints, I am fair enough top praise him when it's deserved. And it undoubtedly is a praise-worthy week for him. So I will.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I am critical and also have high expectations. When you demand and receive a contract for $20 million-plus a year, it comes with great expectations, so I make no apologies for having them.

Add in the fact that the guy talks a lot, whether he does well or not, and it can get on your nerves, it certainly does mine. He's barked and chirped for quite some time, ignorant of the fact that he often had nothing to 'talk' about. When you get your tail kicked, you have no reason to say anything, but that's never stopped him.

But while I will criticize when he disappoints, I am fair enough top praise him when it's deserved. And it undoubtedly is a praise-worthy week for him. So I will.

I fully agree. He was given the money he was demanding and is the highest paid DE in the game but with that should come high expectations. I think he played decent thus far until the Philly game where to me it looked like he kicked into another gear which is what Dallas paid for, not just being decent.