Twitter: Tank explains Marinelli’s defense

Kaiser

Reaction score
Be sure to tell that to the Rams players and set them straight. Specifically the ones that said that they "knew what the Cowboys were going to do 90% of the time."

Thanks to Linehan, opponents knew was routes Dallas WRs were going to run 100% of the time and the Cowboys still had 3800 yards passing last year.

While I'm talking to people, I could talk to the two surgeons that operated on our starting DTs after that game.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Sounds EXACTLY like Bobby Boucher!!

I knew that was movie based in reality.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks to Linehan, opponents knew was routes Dallas WRs were going to run 100% of the time and the Cowboys still had 3800 yards passing last year.

While I'm talking to people, I could talk to the two surgeons that operated on our starting DTs after that game.

Do that. Just know that the Rams were piling up huge yards before the injury.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Do that. Just know that the Rams were piling up huge yards before the injury.

Woods was injured in the 2nd Quarter, Collins was injured in practice the week before the game. If the Rams gained yardage on the Tuesday prior to the Playoff Game, Sean McVay should be on Mount Rushmore.

And the Rams offensive coaches did outcoach the Cowboys defensive coaches in that game, but IMO the injuries were a much bigger factor. The Rams are a great team, but they gained three times as many yards as Dallas usually gave up and half of it was with an RB they picked up on waivers during the season.

ghst187

Reaction score
So basically our defensive playbook looks like tecmo bowl just like our offensive playbook, got it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods was injured in the 2nd Quarter,

And the Rams has already run all over the Cowboys defense. Before, during, and after Woods hurt his shoulder.

Collins was injured in practice the week before the game. If the Rams gained yardage on the Tuesday prior to the Playoff Game, Sean McVay should be on Mount Rushmore.

And Collins wasn't "injured" any more than any other NFL player. That's weak-sauce excuse-making at its finest there.

And the Rams offensive coaches did outcoach the Cowboys defensive coaches in that game, but IMO the injuries were a much bigger factor. The Rams are a great team, but they gained three times as many yards as Dallas usually gave up and half of it was with an RB they picked up on waivers during the season.

Because they "knew what the Cowboys were doing". Google that if you don't know.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And Collins wasn't "injured" any more than any other NFL player. That's weak-sauce excuse-making at its finest there.

So did the surgery Collins had after the game remove the sauce or the excuse? In that inpatient or outpatient, I'm confused.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Because they "knew what the Cowboys were doing". Google that if you don't know.

That's called scouting, every team does it. The Rams just did it better than the average team.

Here's an example - every time Linehan put Noah Brown in a game it was going to be a running play. That's a keen bit of scouting that was performed by every non-Linehan human living in North America.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So did the surgery Collins had after the game remove the sauce or the excuse? In that inpatient or outpatient, I'm confused.

Please give me more details on this surgery.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's called scouting, every team does it. The Rams just did it better than the average team.

Here's an example - every time Linehan put Noah Brown in a game it was going to be a running play. That's a keen bit of scouting that was performed by every non-Linehan human living in North America.

No, not "every team" does it like the Rams did to the Cowboys. Find me another "90%" example like the Rams players described here and you'll have a point.

I can't understand why these facts are so hard for you to admit?

It's out there for all the world to see and yet some fans want to try to sell some lame injury excuse. It makes no sense.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rams ran ragged on that one gap scheme in the playoffs

It's because we didn't play our keys. We got caught over committing all day. To many guys not in position to fill the gap, as it were. Just watched that game again a couple of weeks ago. Was just as hard to watch as the first time around and that first time, I was drunk so yeah.....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What he really said was:

Well, first we puts the HotBoyz up front there and they gots to be Hot because when you're Hot you're Hot and you're not, you're not. We was not Hot in Indy or LA, we was ColdMeatz in LA cuz da Rams wasn't haven't any of it. We couldn't get off the blocks or tackle worth a HotDamn and both of those will turn HotBoyz into ColdMeatz so I let the nickname die down until I got me this new deal and knew I didn't have to be HotBoyz someplace else.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They also said the defensive linemen's stances gave away the defenses.

We've been hearing for years how predictable the offense is, now after that playoff loss, we hear that the defense is giving away their intentions.

maybe time for new coaches?
We were completely out coached in that game.

Kaiser

Reaction score
No, not "every team" does it like the Rams did to the Cowboys. Find me another "90%" example like the Rams players described here and you'll have a point.

I have a point and you are making it for me. The Rams did scout the Cowboys and identify "tells" of where players would shade, hand position, etc to predict stunts. If the Dallas coaches were as bad as you say, everyone would have done it and not just the Rams. Its like tipping pitches in baseball.

And on top of that, the Rams still had to execute. You can tell Adam Redmond what Aaron Donald is going to do a week ahead of time and he still won't be able to stop it.

I don't find the link on Collins having surgery, I may have remembered that wrong. But he was questionable for the game with both an ankle injury and an illness. He wouldn't have played if it wasn't a playoff game. Woods was hurt early in the game and gutted it out, he had surgery soon afterward.