Tank Photos

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
5Stars;1718900 said:
The last photo is not Tank...

:laugh2:

But, he looks stout!

Tank is on the extreme left. The others are part of his entourage.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1718898 said:
capt.d7d30b92e99f45138240d91679c39009.vikings_cowboys_football_txag105.jpg

15 yard penalty for Unsportsman like Conduct. Taunting number 81

even in practice he gets penalties ;)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
DallasDomination;1719178 said:
The picture with T.O it looks like Barry Sanders in the back:laugh2: ..

Wow. I hadn't noticed that, but you're right. That's uncanny.

:lmao:

VirusX

Reaction score
TheCount;1719108 said:
Well that's nice and all, I didn't even know he had a specialty, but he's playing NT now, not DT. There are no "up the field" NT's in the 3-4, unless you don't want anyone playing the run or freeing up lanes for the LBs. He's not going to be able to play the way he did for the Bears, that's what I'm interested to see, how he makes the transition.

I do understand however, that he has the ability to get into the backfield, I'd be interested to see if he has any possibilities at DE for next season since it's probably too late this season, and we have no depth at NT.

A lot of people see him coming in and tearing stuff up, but I'm not sure if he's that much better than Fergie is/was.

Ya, there are. NT's need to be able to make that push to collapse the pocket depending on the play called. If we would have had that push more often against these elite passing teams they wouldnt be quite as effective.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
TheCount;1719108 said:
Well that's nice and all, I didn't even know he had a specialty, but he's playing NT now, not DT. There are no "up the field" NT's in the 3-4, unless you don't want anyone playing the run or freeing up lanes for the LBs. He's not going to be able to play the way he did for the Bears, that's what I'm interested to see, how he makes the transition.

I do understand however, that he has the ability to get into the backfield, I'd be interested to see if he has any possibilities at DE for next season since it's probably too late this season, and we have no depth at NT.

A lot of people see him coming in and tearing stuff up, but I'm not sure if he's that much better than Fergie is/was.

Per Wade, even his NTs play one gap.

More interesting is that Tank's responsibilities in the 4-3 were more similar to a NT in a traditional 3-4 as it was Harris who predominantly played the 3 technique tackle position in Chicago.

And I also agree that it will be interesting to see Tank at strongside DE alongside Ferg and Rat next season. That combo would be stout against the run as well as providing the requisite speed and quickness to get to the passer.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;1719108 said:

Apparently you're neither familiar with Tank Johnson, nor the Phillips 3-4 defense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1719395 said:
Apparently you're neither familiar with Tank Johnson, nor the Phillips 3-4 defense.

Or 'Fergie'.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1719395 said:

I don't know what I was thinking doubting you, Coach whatever your name is. You obviously have more Madden time than I do.

Jay-D

Reaction score
I like the fact that Tank shaved off the dreadlocks.

Looks like he's ready to change his life and get to work.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;1719481 said:
I don't know what I was thinking doubting you, Coach whatever your name is. You obviously have more Madden time than I do.
You don't have to play Madden (something I haven't done in nearly a decade) to recognize that you're not even remotely familiar with the style of defense Wade plays.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;1719608 said:
You don't have to play Madden (something I haven't done in nearly a decade) to recognize that you're not even remotely familiar with the style of defense Wade plays.

TheMissCount probably still thinks that this 3/4 is the same as last year.

:rolleyes:

Mansta54

Reaction score
TheCount;1719108 said:

You're so wrong. In WP D the NT slants and stunts just as much as the other Dlinemen. Our NT's get up the field in WP defensive system...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1719608 said:

Yes, because Jamal Williams was a sack machine for the Chargers.

From what I've seen, Wade's DT's get in the backfield to stop the run, not to sack QB's.

You're just a guy posting on a fan forum like everyone else, so don't go getting your high and mighty on.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
TheCount;1719896 said:
Yes, because Jamal Williams was a sack machine for the Chargers.

From what I've seen, Wade's DT's get in the backfield to stop the run, not to sack QB's.

You're just a guy posting on a fan forum like everyone else, so don't go getting your high and mighty on.

you really should stop.

wade has stated that if he has a huge NYT like williams that he will line him over the center and blow the C back like he did to Johnson 2 years ago. OTOH he has also stated that he will shade the NT as wellto allow more single gap penetration.

Tank actually can do a bit of both which is nice becuase he will allow us to play both ways when he is in and give OL another thing to think about.

But really you rae wrong. its not a big deal though unless you make it one like you are with this current line of diatribe.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Ankle socks on a lineman are a no-no.

I now have to question his moral and ethical judgement because of that.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1719987 said:
you really should stop.

wade has stated that if he has a huge NYT like williams that he will line him over the center and blow the C back like he did to Johnson 2 years ago. OTOH he has also stated that he will shade the NT as wellto allow more single gap penetration.

Tank actually can do a bit of both which is nice becuase he will allow us to play both ways when he is in and give OL another thing to think about.

But really you rae wrong. its not a big deal though unless you make it one like you are with this current line of diatribe.

I'm wrong? About what exactly? I wasn't aware Tank had played a game yet in a Cowboys uniform for anyone to be saying what he can and can't do.

I can't make anything a big deal, it's a web forum, nothing I (or you) say here means anything. All I said was that the chances Tank comes in here and starts racking up Sacks like a LB probably isn't going to happen, regardless of what Wade says on the podium. I'd still rather see what he can do at end.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;1720205 said:
I'm wrong? About what exactly? I wasn't aware Tank had played a game yet in a Cowboys uniform for anyone to be saying what he can and can't do.

I can't make anything a big deal, it's a web forum, nothing I (or you) say here means anything. All I said was that the chances Tank comes in here and starts racking up Sacks like a LB probably isn't going to happen, regardless of what Wade says on the podium. I'd still rather see what he can do at end.
Very nice. Your claim has retreated to him not getting as many sacks as a linebacker.

backpedal.jpg

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1720211 said:
Very nice. Your claim has retreated to him not getting as many sacks as a linebacker.

backpedal.jpg

Please quote to me at what point I had previously given a number. Thanks.