Tank the season to go after Trevor Lawrence at QB? Thread **merged**

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am ridiculous? You are saying Dalton would have the same success. Hes proven he wont. You just cant admit you were wrong about Dalton. Dak has never. Ever. Put up 50 yards in a half of football. And you are sitting here calling me ridiculous?

Im happy you brought up the crappy pass defenses Dak played against. Remind me again. Where is the Football Team ranked? In terms of defense? Dalton failed against them. You can keep going on about Dalton and not admitting he failed. The board and the entire football world knows you're wrong. But hey. Kudos for trying.

I said Dalton would get similar results.

Dak took the L. Dalton would've took the L.

Dak's not overcoming crap. He's never been that type of guy. He needs the guys around him to play well.

Neither Dak or Dalton are difference makers.

Is Dak better? 100% yes. But if you protect Dalton he can drive a bus.

WE all know Dak can light up bad defenses. He just did more of that this year. The same guys happy happy joy joy about putting up almost half of his TD passes against 2 teams last year are the same guys bragging about his stats against the Falcons, Browns, and Seahawks who are absolutely garbage on defense.

Throwing all over the Falcons, Browns, and Seahawks is like bragging that you threw all over the Cowboys. Just save that crap.

Remember the Rams game when we played a defense that can function at an NFL level? Did we even score in the 2nd half against them?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I said Dalton would get similar results.

Dak took the L. Dalton would've took the L.

Dak's not overcoming crap. He's never been that type of guy. He needs the guys around him to play well.

Neither Dak or Dalton are difference makers.

Is Dak better? 100% yes. But if you protect Dalton he can drive a bus.

WE all know Dak can light up bad defenses. He just did more of that this year. The same guys happy happy joy joy about putting up almost half of his TD passes against 2 teams last year are the same guys bragging about his stats against the Falcons, Browns, and Seahawks who are absolutely garbage on defense.

Throwing all over the Falcons, Browns, and Seahawks is like bragging that you threw all over the Cowboys. Just save that crap.

Remember the Rams game when we played a defense that can function at an NFL level? Did we even score in the 2nd half against them?
Right right right. Ok awesome. So how did the defense do? Just curious. Since you want to give dalton excuses. Is it safe to say that if our defense could stop a high school team Dak would have been 4-1 probably 5-0 this season? Curious.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right right right. Ok awesome. So how did the defense do? Just curious. Since you want to give dalton excuses. Is it safe to say that if our defense could stop a high school team Dak would have been 4-1 probably 5-0 this season? Curious.

Well..

We can go through the 2019 schedule and see that even when the defense performs it doesn't mean Dak will.

I know this is incredibly difficult for you to comprehend but if we don't give up a million points Dak's numbers go down.

The Falcons, Seahawks, and Browns have atrocious defense.. So of course Dak will light them up. He's made a career of beating up on bad defenses.

Before you or anyone gets upset... I'm NOT BLAMING DAK FOR THOSE LOSSES IT WAS THE DEFENSE.

Dak did have 4 INT's and 2 or 3 fumbles to start the year and some of those really hurt us and you can't blame the defense for that.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well..

We can go through the 2019 schedule and see that even when the defense performs it doesn't mean Dak will.

I know this is incredibly difficult for you to comprehend but if we don't give up a million points Dak's numbers go down.

The Falcons, Seahawks, and Browns have atrocious defense.. So of course Dak will light them up. He's made a career of beating up on bad defenses.

Before you or anyone gets upset... I'm NOT BLAMING DAK FOR THOSE LOSSES IT WAS THE DEFENSE.

Dak did have 4 INT's and 2 or 3 fumbles to start the year and some of those really hurt us and you can't blame the defense for that.
No i cant. But i can blame them for never stopping the opposing team. Its not like a fumble automatically means points. But it does with out defense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yikes! Looks like a big gamble that could backfire and be super costly. Don't listen to the hype. Watch and study film.

If Dak is able to fully recover and settle for a $35 mil/season contract, I say sign Dak longterm and use that early 1st round pick to either address the Defense or Oline, ...or trade down for extra draft picks to better address the many holes on this team. Drafting a rookie QB with that costly early 1st round pick will do nothing to fix the many problems on this team, especially if Dak is able to heal and come back.

What say you?

:popcorn:

:espn:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"He's earned the right to keep leading this team"
.Dak has proven nothing , earned nothing and deserves nothing at this point (this statement shows how little you know about football at any level) as the team is not a contender and hasn't been and only a idiot would believe it is. Your statement of Jerry and Stephen approve of Dak should tell you enough but your man crush just blurs your vision. A team with everything in place yes sign Dak to a team manageable deal, unfortunately Dak failed to deliver after huge $$$$ resources and draft capital were spend to hide his flaws now the D is just a joke and there is only a shell of a OL left. Hey doofus unless the QB is generational or elite you don't pay top dollar. This is all mute until the draft order is established but one thing is for sure Paying Dak 35-40 million will ensure the mediocracy of this team for years to come. Jerry is as dumb as you as far as QB talent IQ so you may get your wish and Dak will be signed (and I expect that) and you will be making pitiful excuses of why the team and Dak fail because its never his fault. I will take my chances at 6-8 million on a rookie verse the QB who has taken this team nowhere in 5 seasons and allocate those $$ resources to better the team . Your biggest laugh of the week,"Dak is a bonafied guaranteed success as a franchise QB", these type of QBs lead their teams deep into the play offs year in and out and get to the SB. The team was built around Dak and it is a utter failure but you can not accept that fact. If Dak is this great savior he hasn't shown it in Dallas to date and with Jerry it's not happening. Dak was the QB to start the season and say what ever you want this team should of lost every game he started but as Ws aren't a QB stat except when you want to be this team stunk with Dak at 32 million what do you think it will be with him at 38-40 million? Just how ignorant can you be? I guess you think the team is one or two players away from a SB contender so lets pay Dak the wonder QB, yeah you and Jerry dumber than pet rocks. I've seen your posts for years about the greatness of Dak and here we sit looking at a top 5 draft pick possibly, greatness know no bounds in big D.
$100 bucks right here and now that Jerry and Stephen resign Dak by season's end! Put your money where your mouth is! Talk is cheap!

SackMaster

Reaction score
Look , You seem like a Dak only single minded fan , like others on this board . so I don’t expect you to get it .
The team defense is definitely bad which resulted in many losses . But Dak is not elite to save this team . He is better than dalton but not by a lot . This is why getting a top pick or top 2 pick QB via the draft would be much more cap freindly and more effective for the future of this team . Dak could not win any significant games in 5 years , he had plenty of chances behind out best OL / WR/ RB combo and he failed to excel and reach any significant playoff success . and there is no guarantee he will heal well from the injury .
To be quite honest, Dak could not play another down for the Cowboys and my life would be perfectly fine.

But I'm also not idiotic enough to believe that Dak, or Romo for that matter, are THE reasons why the Cowboys have not win big in the NFL.

Both had to carry a "coach in training" that is currently ruining another NFC East QB's career. Both have had to deal with ownership that gives out terrible contracts to less than productive players. And BOTH had to carry a franchise that was well on the road to dysfunction a decade or more before either suited up for the Cowboys.

But if you think Lawrence and some other teams castoffs (aka free agents) are going to turn any of that around, well bless your little soul.

Yet I expect this from someone who, despite almost a decade of evidence, believes Dak is only a little bit better than Dalton. Dalton was an mid-tier starter who absolutely crumbled in big games. Dak is a Top-10 QB that has played really good to great in big games. So to sit here and say they are even close tells me that there may be something other than on the field production that brought people like you to that conclusion.

So if I don't want Lawrence, it may have do more with the fact that this fan base refuses to acknowledge great QBs and don't want to have to put another good kid this this team's BS.

But make no mistake, if the Cowboys bring in another QB and they end up being a Top-10 QB like Romo and Dak, I will be here to tell the idiots who believe that the only reason the Cowboys are not winning is because of the QB are still as stupid as they have been for the past 15 years.

Unfortunately someone as single minded as you who only wants to blame a single variable (QB) for the reason why something does not work (winning in the NFL) will never understand.
:thumbup:

Brax

Reaction score
$100 bucks right here and now that Jerry and Stephen resign Dak by season's end! Put your money where your mouth is! Talk is cheap!
I win that bet by default because they can not sign him by seasons end by CBA because he is a Franchised Tagged player and it is past July 15, so he plays on the 1 year deal until the end of the season, shows how little you know.
Send a $100 to the wounded warriors and post the proof you did it.
https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/Default.aspx?tsid=11585&ovr_acv_id=12177&campaignSource=ONLINE&source=BS20046AACBRM&msclkid=85fe3700056419dd09db68982b1e15a8&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEM|WWP|BR|US|All|WWP_Main|Bing&utm_term=+wounded +warrior +donation&utm_content=WWP_Donation_MDBR
As for signing Dak, I have told you and posted numerous times (you may get your wish and Dak will be signed (and I expect that)
I believe Jerry will sign him, not sure at this point why you have such problems understanding. if Dak is signed I will still enjoy the games I just don't believe he is a good enough QB to lead the team to the SB with all the resources need to support him but I could be proven wrong, but as for being wrong pay the man.
So make you donation to the WWarriors and everyone wins none of your lame cheap excuses. pay up......

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Dumb post of the day award..you forgot to mention Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. Lawrence is better than both
They’ve only played 7 games.

nick foles looked like Superman his regular season. Let’s see them when defensive coordinators have film on them and realize Herbert is a dumb one read quarterback.

Burrow will be great though.

basel90

Reaction score
To be quite honest, Dak could not play another down for the Cowboys and my life would be perfectly fine.

But I'm also not idiotic enough to believe that Dak, or Romo for that matter, are THE reasons why the Cowboys have not win big in the NFL.

Both had to carry a "coach in training" that is currently ruining another NFC East QB's career. Both have had to deal with ownership that gives out terrible contracts to less than productive players. And BOTH had to carry a franchise that was well on the road to dysfunction a decade or more before either suited up for the Cowboys.

But if you think Lawrence and some other teams castoffs (aka free agents) are going to turn any of that around, well bless your little soul.

Yet I expect this from someone who, despite almost a decade of evidence, believes Dak is only a little bit better than Dalton. Dalton was an mid-tier starter who absolutely crumbled in big games. Dak is a Top-10 QB that has played really good to great in big games. So to sit here and say they are even close tells me that there may be something other than on the field production that brought people like you to that conclusion.

So if I don't want Lawrence, it may have do more with the fact that this fan base refuses to acknowledge great QBs and don't want to have to put another good kid this this team's BS.

But make no mistake, if the Cowboys bring in another QB and they end up being a Top-10 QB like Romo and Dak, I will be here to tell the idiots who believe that the only reason the Cowboys are not winning is because of the QB are still as stupid as they have been for the past 15 years.

Unfortunately someone as single minded as you who only wants to blame a single variable (QB) for the reason why something does not work (winning in the NFL) will never understand.
:thumbup:
you are contradicting yourself twice and you are not reading or understanding what i wrote.
- I never said dak is the reason we lost. The QB position is fine and this team loses most of the important games due to bad defenses and bad coaching and player selection .
- I said dak is not elite , and many experts more qualified than me agree, he is a good QB probably to 12-15 . Don't be fooled by the stats the last few years.
- This team has many many problems , and overpaid players and furture dead money . Therefore , if this team has any good GM , they will rebuild via the draft ( QB, Defense OL) and make some trades and eat up the dead money on the team . Therefore , paying dak 40 mil a year makes no sense .
- If you think Dak is the chosen one , why havs he failed to win more than one playoff and lost so many to mediocre and good teams with the best OL/RB/WR combo . Just look at brady and wilson who compensate for bad defenses and deficiencies. heck , look at little kyler murray , dont' you agree he is better than dak ? there are many examples. Plus , there is no guarantee dak will come back and heal well from this injury. There are many unknowns . This team needs a big solid rebuild.

SackMaster

Reaction score
you are contradicting yourself twice and you are not reading or understanding what i wrote.
- I never said dak is the reason we lost. The QB position is fine and this team loses most of the important games due to bad defenses and bad coaching and player selection .
- I said dak is not elite , and many experts more qualified than me agree, he is a good QB probably to 12-15 . Don't be fooled by the stats the last few years.
- This team has many many problems , and overpaid players and furture dead money . Therefore , if this team has any good GM , they will rebuild via the draft ( QB, Defense OL) and make some trades and eat up the dead money on the team . Therefore , paying dak 40 mil a year makes no sense .
- If you think Dak is the chosen one , why havs he failed to win more than one playoff and lost so many to mediocre and good teams with the best OL/RB/WR combo . Just look at brady and wilson who compensate for bad defenses and deficiencies. heck , look at little kyler murray , dont' you agree he is better than dak ? there are many examples. Plus , there is no guarantee dak will come back and heal well from this injury. There are many unknowns . This team needs a big solid rebuild.
If I am misreading any thing, it is because your post basic sentence structure and punctuation. But I digress.

If you were asking if Kyler Murray is better than Dak, then my answer is a big NO. Kyler Murray is not a good QB so far in his young career and is probably the biggest reason the Cardinals offense is not one of the best in the NFL. Instead, they are only really good at rushing, but are way below where the should be in passing and scoring with the weapons they have. Instead Kyler has issues hitting wide open receivers with any consistency and leaves A LOT of "meat on the bones". He is basically what you accuse Dak to be, but way worse at passing, yet he is better? Hahahaha, that's funny.

Then you say Brady and Wilson wins without good Defenses? How many rings do they have without a really good-to-great defense? Yep, didn't think so. I hate to burst your Anti-Dak bubble, but the NFL is NOT the NBA. One guy has NEVER carried a team to a Super Bowl appearance, let alone win.

Now on to the claim of having the best oline, WR, RB combo. Sure, for one year, maybe, in 2016. But ...

Best offensive lines don't
  • Allow a career runstuffing DE get 6 sacks a game
  • The starting LT does not consistently miss almost 1/4 of the season, EVERY year
  • Have their starting C miss a entire season, then retire
  • Have a RT that was way overpaid according to most fans until he finally played up to the contract
  • Does not allow pasrushers to get to the QB in the middle of throwing on a quick pass (see Cleveland game)
Top running back?
  • Funny you say this since most fans would say Zeke has not been the same since his rookie year
  • But even if he was, can't be great when you miss games due to suspension and fumble drives away
Top WRs?
  • Declining Dez and Twill = Great?
  • Alan Hurns as the #1 WR = Great?
  • A WR group that leads the NFL in drops = Great?
Then you talk about "experts" saying Dak is not a top-10 QB in the NFL. Well the NFL.com "experts" ranked him 7th in the NFL:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...king-all-32-starters-entering-2020-nfl-season

But you know how much more valid the NFL.com list is from any list that does not have Dak in the Top-10? Absolutely jack squat. These "experts" make money by getting clicks. A lot of times, being controversial is more important than being right because that generates more clicks which equals more money. In any case, they are still OPINIONS of individual people that may or may not have ulterior motives.

But I get it, confirmation bias is one hell of a drug. I hope you are not one of those people that believes everything that Fox/CNN/ESPN/ect... tells you. Sure, there may be some truth to some of their reports, but there is a lot of bias and half truths injected to keep the mindless drones tuning in and clicking links

So let's get to the ONLY semi-point you made in your post; the injury. But there has been absolutely nothing about Dak's injury that suggest he will have any issues coming back. Remember when Hurns broke his ankle during the January 2019 playoff game? He played opening day for Miami in Sept 2019. And I think 99% of people realize playing WR is harder on ankles than QB.

At this point you are HOPING Dak injury is bigger than what it is right now so you don't look like an idiot when he comes back and continues to be a Top QB in the NFL.

basel90

Reaction score
If I am misreading any thing, it is because your post basic sentence structure and punctuation. But I digress.

If you were asking if Kyler Murray is better than Dak, then my answer is a big NO. Kyler Murray is not a good QB so far in his young career and is probably the biggest reason the Cardinals offense is not one of the best in the NFL. Instead, they are only really good at rushing, but are way below where the should be in passing and scoring with the weapons they have. Instead Kyler has issues hitting wide open receivers with any consistency and leaves A LOT of "meat on the bones". He is basically what you accuse Dak to be, but way worse at passing, yet he is better? Hahahaha, that's funny.

Then you say Brady and Wilson wins without good Defenses? How many rings do they have without a really good-to-great defense? Yep, didn't think so. I hate to burst your Anti-Dak bubble, but the NFL is NOT the NBA. One guy has NEVER carried a team to a Super Bowl appearance, let alone win.

Now on to the claim of having the best oline, WR, RB combo. Sure, for one year, maybe, in 2016. But ...

Best offensive lines don't
  • Allow a career runstuffing DE get 6 sacks a game
  • The starting LT does not consistently miss almost 1/4 of the season, EVERY year
  • Have their starting C miss a entire season, then retire
  • Have a RT that was way overpaid according to most fans until he finally played up to the contract
  • Does not allow pasrushers to get to the QB in the middle of throwing on a quick pass (see Cleveland game)
Top running back?
  • Funny you say this since most fans would say Zeke has not been the same since his rookie year
  • But even if he was, can't be great when you miss games due to suspension and fumble drives away
Top WRs?
  • Declining Dez and Twill = Great?
  • Alan Hurns as the #1 WR = Great?
  • A WR group that leads the NFL in drops = Great?
Then you talk about "experts" saying Dak is not a top-10 QB in the NFL. Well the NFL.com "experts" ranked him 7th in the NFL:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...king-all-32-starters-entering-2020-nfl-season

But you know how much more valid the NFL.com list is from any list that does not have Dak in the Top-10? Absolutely jack squat. These "experts" make money by getting clicks. A lot of times, being controversial is more important than being right because that generates more clicks which equals more money. In any case, they are still OPINIONS of individual people that may or may not have ulterior motives.

But I get it, confirmation bias is one hell of a drug. I hope you are not one of those people that believes everything that Fox/CNN/ESPN/ect... tells you. Sure, there may be some truth to some of their reports, but there is a lot of bias and half truths injected to keep the mindless drones tuning in and clicking links

So let's get to the ONLY semi-point you made in your post; the injury. But there has been absolutely nothing about Dak's injury that suggest he will have any issues coming back. Remember when Hurns broke his ankle during the January 2019 playoff game? He played opening day for Miami in Sept 2019. And I think 99% of people realize playing WR is harder on ankles than QB.

At this point you are HOPING Dak injury is bigger than what it is right now so you don't look like an idiot when he comes back and continues to be a Top QB in the NFL.
there is absolutely no logic in your arguments, You are cherry picking according to your bias . Yet you contradict yourself . Then you surprisingly start the name calling , which explains a lot about you and i am not interested in such a low level conversation . Have a nice day

SackMaster

Reaction score
there is absolutely no logic in your arguments, You are cherry picking according to your bias . Yet you contradict yourself . Then you surprisingly start the name calling , which explains a lot about you and i am not interested in such a low level conversation . Have a nice day
Ah. I was having so much fun.
:grin:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well no offense dude you did say Brady and Wilson win without a good defense. And if you look at their Superbowl success they had a top 5-10 defense every time. Not to mention BB on one side of that coin whos a defensive genius.
Oh and on top of that Brady going to a team that already had great WR and then pushing for Gronk and AB. Amazing. You should do some research before saying things.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I win that bet by default because they can not sign him by seasons end by CBA because he is a Franchised Tagged player and it is past July 15, so he plays on the 1 year deal until the end of the season, shows how little you know.
Send a $100 to the wounded warriors and post the proof you did it.
https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/Default.aspx?tsid=11585&ovr_acv_id=12177&campaignSource=ONLINE&source=BS20046AACBRM&msclkid=85fe3700056419dd09db68982b1e15a8&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEM|WWP|BR|US|All|WWP_Main|Bing&utm_term=+wounded +warrior +donation&utm_content=WWP_Donation_MDBR
As for signing Dak, I have told you and posted numerous times (you may get your wish and Dak will be signed (and I expect that)
I believe Jerry will sign him, not sure at this point why you have such problems understanding. if Dak is signed I will still enjoy the games I just don't believe he is a good enough QB to lead the team to the SB with all the resources need to support him but I could be proven wrong, but as for being wrong pay the man.
So make you donation to the WWarriors and everyone wins none of your lame cheap excuses. pay up......
Hey, numbnuts, once the season finishes, Dak will be signehappen by Jerry, probably around March. Let's go! Accept my bet of $100 that it will hapoen!

Brax

Reaction score
Hey, numbnuts, once the season finishes, Dak will be signehappen by Jerry, probably around March. Let's go! Accept my bet of $100 that it will hapoen!
Hey welcher there you go as I suspected you set the terms of the bet , lost and you will not pay up, If you don’t post that receipt for wounded warriors so all can see that makes you lower than cow s##t. Stop deflecting you lost man up and pay your debt. Don’t make bets you can’t pay cowboy, if you can’t afford it let us know otherwise pay up...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hey welcher there you go as I suspected you set the terms of the bet , lost and you will not pay up, If you don’t post that receipt for wounded warriors so all can see that makes you lower than cow s##t. Stop deflecting you lost man up and pay your debt. Don’t make bets you can’t pay cowboy, if you can’t afford it let us know otherwise pay up...
As usual, you deflect and lie in order to back out of a bet you are not man enough to make. All talk, no action.

Sheepish

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence is another Jake Locker.

Low IQ football fans and brain dead analysts hype up every tall slow big arm quarterback like Daniel Jones, Darnold, Goff, and Lawrence every year then a mobile athletic quarterback like Russel Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Dak Prescott, and Watson end up being head and shoulders better.:facepalm:

Fields will be a much better quarterback than Lawrence

I don't know. Lawrence is plenty athletic. Fields' Ohio State predecessor Dwayne Haskins has been a total bust thus far. Ohio State QBs benefit from enormous talent at WR that masks some of their flaws. Clemson receivers are also pretty talented though. Kyler Murray is good now but far from being elite. And you don't mention that Burrow and Herbert look promising.

In any case, Dak is by far the better professional quarterback now. People talk about his flaws all the time but replacing him means taking a huge gamble. I really think that if you want to aim for a SB, you draft defense and O line first. You can pick up a QB every other year in the third round and it's not improbable that you'll find a good player.

Brax

Reaction score
As usual, you deflect and lie in order to back out of a bet you are not man enough to make. All talk, no action.
What kind of creature you must be, below is what you posted, you lost ,you are the liar to post what you did , everyone has seen what you are , in the corps we call a thing like you a sh#tbird, a man is only as good as his word. just stop, you already look like a low life. Just go away in shame.....
America's Cowboy said:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What kind of creature you must be, below is what you posted, you lost ,you are the liar to post what you did , everyone has seen what you are , in the corps we call a thing like you a sh#tbird, a man is only as good as his word. just stop, you already look like a low life. Just go away in shame.....
America's Cowboy said:
"By season's end". Which means once the season is over. Understand English, moron?