Tank update

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
*ya,know? from my own experience,,, that "presurgical" PAIN has always proven to be the impetus in biting the Bulliet& having it done,the sooner the better , and if the pain isn't at least halved (post-op) or range of non pain motion soon after doubled? A less strenuous career path avenue is in order.
(#90 supposedly suited up& hit the gridiron for TWO seasons,all the while suffering this ailment that was in need of corrective surgery,,,there's something definitely screwy in st.Louie's belfry, just based from a casual glance with that pictureo_O

LOL -- I think if Lawrence knew beforehand what kind of an endless rehab he was in for, he might have wisely decided to initiate his surgery well before he finally did. Obviously, getting that generously-awarded contract in black and white was of primary importance in his delay. I don't doubt that his agent had a hand in advising him to take that route. DL is obviously dedicated to being a success, though or success wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I'll be hoping he gets his physical mojo back 100% in the meantime. Knowing what he's going through to rehab well enough to make it back on the field in a timely fashion gives me cause for concern. I'm positive he's worked hard to get back to what he displayed in that video a while back, although I think it might take all of what he had before his surgery to enjoy that same level of success. Hopefully, it'll all come together before the beginning of the regular season or at least, soon thereafter. ;)

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I will say this much. No one questions his work ethic and heart. Also, for what he is getting paid, his arse better be a full go week 1..no limitations. Its his fault if he is not 100%. He chose willingly NOT to get the surgery in a timely fashion. I expect nothing less than a stud DLAW to be starting week 1 and not be limited.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LOL -- I think if Lawrence knew beforehand what kind of an endless rehab he was in for, he might have wisely decided to initiate his surgery well before he finally did. Obviously, getting that generously-awarded contract in black and white was of primary importance in his delay. I don't doubt that his agent had a hand in advising him to take that route. DL is obviously dedicated to being a success, though or success wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I'll be hoping he gets his physical mojo back 100% in the meantime. Knowing what he's going through to rehab well enough to make it back on the field in a timely fashion gives me cause for concern. I'm positive he's worked hard to get back to what he displayed in that video a while back, although I think it might take all of what he had before his surgery to enjoy that same level of success. Hopefully, it'll all come together before the beginning of the regular season or at least, soon thereafter. ;)
^^^read THIS^^^ common sense.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The team is usually very cautious so don't be surprised if DLAW is inactive for the first 2 weeks or so...

Knotamus

Reaction score
I have my concerns with Lawrence at the moment..

I’m not worried ab his work ethic, I’m sure he’ll do what he needs to do to get his body ready for football. And even though I didn’t like him holding off his surgery, I don’t blame him for using whatever position he needed to to get paid. More power to him.. it’s his livelihood and it’s business, I get that.

My fear is.. Even if he’s “ready” week 1, it may take a couple, if not a few, weeks before his play is what we expect. Not to mention, Lawrence is notoriously really good the first half of the season and seems to drop off a bit toward the end. And god forbid he has a setback. That could really derail the outlook of the DL. The last thing I want to see is Quinn and Taco by mid season. Luckily, we do have depth and players that possibly could make a leap forward, like Armstrong.. But I’d obviously prefer Lawrence/Quinn Combo most of the season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Underestimating the rehabilitation process and getting paid are working against him. We won't see the same Tank in 2019. :(

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Underestimating the rehabilitation process and getting paid are working against him. We won't see the same Tank in 2019. :(

Possibly not for the first game, although everyone's different in terms of how long it takes for a complete recovery. David Lawrence is an especially healthy physical specimen, so perhaps it's also within reason to hope he'll be one to recover faster than the average player. Only time will tell. ;)

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Possibly not for the first game, although everyone's different in terms of how long it takes for a complete recovery. David Lawrence is an especially healthy physical specimen, so perhaps it's also within reason to hope he'll be one to recover faster than the average player. Only time will tell. ;)
David? I thought his name was DeMarcus.