Tanking sentiment on the board

dallasdave

Reaction score
cowboys plan should be real simple.

zeke is injured - let him fully recover by rest him for the 3-4 games he needs - then promote darius
the backup lb is injured - ir him
chido is injured - let him fully recover or ir him and bring him back for the last 2 games
let tfred rest for the season
Well the next season is the focus if we are going to Tank--like the thread is about. Trade and cut to get the team where they can draft lots of good players and sign lots of good free agents. The future is NOW>

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Your Putty Buddy makes some good points on how to get a great team next year. Puttyism is living and hope the Jones embrace it, Dallas tanks and wins it all next year. And that would be great. even if a few Melons get crushed in the Process.
Chime in @waldoputty
As the PUTTYNESS POM-POM CHEERLEADER quickly bleats it's pleas fer' immediate backup support in his S.O.S. "chime in @casing-liner " feebleness:rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:facepalm:o_O:facepalm:

:lmao2::starspin::lmao2:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well the next season is the focus if we are going to Tank--like the thread is about. Trade and cut to get the team where they can draft lots of good players and sign lots of good free agents. The future is NOW>

tank to get to 2-14
sign 2 of best available fa available selected from lt, wr, dt and s.
get 1st pick for qb but play dak until rookie is ready
trade 3rd round pick and 2nd round pick for mid 1st round pick to draft wr
use remaining picks for bpa

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Which is more important?

Win the skirmish or win the war?

1988, last year of Landry. They had Danny White, Steve Pelluer and Kevin Sweeney at QB. White played in three games. Sweeney also played in three games. Pelluer took the majority of the snaps.

Oct 3rd was the fifth game of the year. Dallas was at 2-2. They played the Saints and lost. The team did not win another game until Dec 11th @ Washington. Ten games in a row. it was evident Pelleur was never going to be the answer. Neither was Sweeney. White was injured and it looked like he might not ever play again.

I looked over the schedule in October and went game by game deciding I did not see many wins. So I began looking at college football to see who the stud QB was. Now I am not a college football fan. But I learned about this kid named Aikman who played for UCLA. They said he had a rocket launcher for an arm.

I started keeping up with Aikman that season as Dallas lost. By November I was calling the Randy Galloway show in Dallas and bringing Aikman up. Some of my friends were doing so as well. It was evident to me that Dallas needed a guy like that to build around.

I worked at a job which did a great deal of business with Miller Lite, Budweiser, and Coors. I got free tickets to games. I took several friends to the Minnesota game that year at Texas Stadium. I was wearing a Cowboys sweatshirt. But I was openly rooting for Minnesota. Lost of fans sitting around us were giving me dirty looks. At half time one guy turned to me and asked what the deal was. I told him and people around us that this season was done and we needed this kid from UCLA. By midway in the third quarter I had a contingency of fans celebrating the butt whooping Dallas took.

The final was Minnesota 43 - Dallas 3.

Green Bay was also losing games and the way the standings were, they had a mathematical edge if they and Dallas ended up with the same record.

The next to last game Dallas played Washington and won, but Green Bay played Minnesota and also won.

It came down to the last game of the season. Green Bay led by Lindy Infante as head coach had invited Aikman to watch the game in week 16. Green Bay @ Arizona. They were the early game that Sunday. Green bay won 26-17.

But Dallas was playing Philadelphia in Texas Stadium. Philly went on to win b 10 games that season. But this was a division rival, and as we see Green Bay, the second worst team in the league beat Minnesota, who won 11 games that season. So anything could happen.

Dallas lost 23-7 and the number one over-all pick belonged to Dallas.

That was a tough season, because I wanted them to win. But I also knew if they were ever going to rebuild and be something, it would take losing. So I walked away from each game not as crushed as usual because they lost. And toward the end of the season I started rooting for them to lose.

I got tickets to the Cotton Bowl that year from Budweiser. I watched as they played Arkansas. My best friend was an Arkansas fan, so we went on January 1st 1989.

Most of the game was a running attack by UCLA. I had been touting Aikman to my friend for months. He said he wasn't impressed.

Late in the third quarter the tight end ran up the seam and Aikman threw a laser about 35 yards. It was right in front of us. That pass was on a rope.

My friend said, "Oh shate." It was a great pass. Not much arch at all.

The moral to this story is this. Did winning the Philly game mean anything to Dallas that season? Or any of those other games they lost?

It meant Troy Aikman. They also meant saying goodbye to Landry.

But it changed history for this team.

So when you suggest tanking games, it is a little early in the season for me. But come November 18 and they have won only one game......

Gentlemen, meet Justin Herbert

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2018/07/nfl_analyst_calls_oregons_just.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...in-herbert-oregon-qb-brimming-with-rare-tools

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ook-justin-herbert-is-qb1-but-will-he-declare

Melonfeud

Reaction score
tank to get to 2-14
sign 2 of best available fa available selected from lt, wr, dt and s.
get 1st pick for qb but play dak until rookie is ready
trade 3rd round pick and 2nd round pick for mid 1st round pick to draft wr
use remaining picks for bpa
I think we're done playing in the forum posts fer' awhile, Bro!,,,it was a blast,as usual:thumbup:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
i dont think i have ever seen this level of agreement to tank (or let garrett screw up) the rest of the season.

i think most of us, including moi, r finally in agreement that dak is not the answer and need the high draft pick for the qb...
And the fake fan award goes to.......

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Which is more important?

Win the skirmish or win the war?

1988, last year of Landry. They had Danny White, Steve Pelluer and Kevin Sweeney at QB. White played in three games. Sweeney also played in three games. Pelluer took the majority of the snaps.

Oct 3rd was the fifth game of the year. Dallas was at 2-2. They played the Saints and lost. The team did not win another game until Dec 11th @ Washington. Ten games in a row. it was evident Pelleur was never going to be the answer. Neither was Sweeney. White was injured and it looked like he might not ever play again.

I looked over the schedule in October and went game by game deciding I did not see many wins. So I began looking at college football to see who the stud QB was. Now I am not a college football fan. But I learned about this kid named Aikman who played for UCLA. They said he had a rocket launcher for an arm.

I started keeping up with Aikman that season as Dallas lost. By November I was calling the Randy Galloway show in Dallas and bringing Aikman up. Some of my friends were doing so as well. It was evident to me that Dallas needed a guy like that to build around.

I worked at a job which did a great deal of business with Miller Lite, Budweiser, and Coors. I got free tickets to games. I took several friends to the Minnesota game that year at Texas Stadium. I was wearing a Cowboys sweatshirt. But I was openly rooting for Minnesota. Lost of fans sitting around us were giving me dirty looks. At half time one guy turned to me and asked what the deal was. I told him and people around us that this season was done and we needed this kid from UCLA. By midway in the third quarter I had a contingency of fans celebrating the butt whooping Dallas took.

The final was Minnesota 43 - Dallas 3.

Green Bay was also losing games and the way the standings were, they had a mathematical edge if they and Dallas ended up with the same record.

The next to last game Dallas played Washington and won, but Green Bay played Minnesota and also won.

It came down to the last game of the season. Green Bay led by Lindy Infante as head coach had invited Aikman to watch the game in week 16. Green Bay @ Arizona. They were the early game that Sunday. Green bay won 26-17.

But Dallas was playing Philadelphia in Texas Stadium. Philly went on to win b 10 games that season. But this was a division rival, and as we see Green Bay, the second worst team in the league beat Minnesota, who won 11 games that season. So anything could happen.

Dallas lost 23-7 and the number one over-all pick belonged to Dallas.

That was a tough season, because I wanted them to win. But I also knew if they were ever going to rebuild and be something, it would take losing. So I walked away from each game not as crushed as usual because they lost. And toward the end of the season I started rooting for them to lose.

I got tickets to the Cotton Bowl that year from Budweiser. I watched as they played Arkansas. My best friend was an Arkansas fan, so we went on January 1st 1989.

Most of the game was a running attack by UCLA. I had been touting Aikman to my friend for months. He said he wasn't impressed.

Late in the third quarter the tight end ran up the seam and Aikman threw a laser about 35 yards. It was right in front of us. That pass was on a rope.

My friend said, "Oh shate." It was a great pass. Not much arch at all.

The moral to this story is this. Did winning the Philly game mean anything to Dallas that season? Or any of those other games they lost?

It meant Troy Aikman. They also meant saying goodbye to Landry.

But it changed history for this team.

So when you suggest tanking games, it is a little early in the season for me. But come November 18 and they have won only one game......

Gentlemen, meet Justin Herbert

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2018/07/nfl_analyst_calls_oregons_just.html

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...in-herbert-oregon-qb-brimming-with-rare-tools

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ook-justin-herbert-is-qb1-but-will-he-declare
What a Frickin' almost ,,,GOD AWESOME story, TWODEEP3:bow:

:yourock::clap::yourock:

*Man, 1988 was part of that "
Fuzzy Blur" in ones life,ya know,,, for meo_O

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm with dallasdave on this one, but @TwoDeep3 gave me a great deal to think on and helped change my mind about losing. The team is currently inept and if it costs us another miserable season to get a stud QB to go with Zeke, I will suffer through (never in silence).

Never in silence.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm with dallasdave on this one, but @TwoDeep3 gave me a great deal to think on and helped change my mind about losing. The team is currently inept and if it costs us another miserable season to get a stud QB to go with Zeke, I will suffer through (never in silence).
Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.