Tanking would have been the right strategy

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me understand why it's so important for people that believe the Cowboys should have tanked to those of us who don't to agree with them. Who cares? You wanted them to tank.. they didn't.. Maybe get on with life.. Start tracking draft prospects and free agent targets.. Whining about the fact that the guys who are paid to win went out there and tried to do so seems kinda silly. Then to attack people who don't agree with that stance? What is that all about?

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dude what is you problem? I never said that. That was your hypothetical that I was commenting on. If you're going to play these kinda games just get lost.

I'm not attacking you (not joking, I'm literally interested in your opinion). I asked you for your opinion as to whether the scenario I described is tanking or quitting (by the GM). I can help if you are confused with the scenario provided.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not attacking you (not joking, I'm literally interested in your opinion). I asked you for your opinion as to whether the scenario I described is tanking or quitting (by the GM). I can help if you are confused with the scenario provided.
You made my ignore list.

Blitzen

Reaction score
You made my ignore list.

What's hilarious is that I provided a scenario and the guy cannot even come up with discussion points. I'll leave it to anyone else that wants to throw around insults and name calling. I promise I will not name call though I can't say the same for you or him.

Is the scenario I provided tanking/quitting and WHY do you feel that way?

vicjagger

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great to have the first pick in the coming draft? Instead, we have 6 wins that don't amount to anything. Here is a tip, the Cowboys are going to suck in 2021 also so stop trying to be something you're not. Lose and build a better team through the draft. The 5 or 6 wins you get trying to win aren't worth it.
Surely you must be Joe King.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm being scientific by discarding an assertion without proof. what I am not doing is appealing to authority of a figure that I have no business speaking for.

And what telling you that you have no business speaking for Jimmy Johnson has to do with the ego of Jerry Jones is beyond me.

I do have to say your mental gymnastics are entertaining so keep it up.
I would tear you to smithereens when it comes to building a winner. Then I would laugh watching my team beat your team for all 4 quarters with no relenting whatsoever. Just ram it down your throat, score after score after score...then laugh in your face afterwards. lol

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I would tear you smithereens when it comes to building a winner. Then I would laugh watching my team beat your team for all 4 quarters with no relenting whatsoever. Just ram it down your throat, score after score after score...then laugh in your face afterwards. lol

Now the posturing without substance. You're boring.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What's hilarious is that I provided a scenario and the guy cannot even come up with discussion points. I'll leave it to anyone else that wants to throw around insults and name calling. I promise I will not name call though I can't say the same for you or him.

Is the scenario I provided tanking/quitting and WHY do you feel that way?

he is just as bad as the people that he complains about when it comes to actually looking at his own opinions.

Eddie

Reaction score
Sorry, nothing but a pathetic thread.

Go find another team to root for if you think tanking is ever ok.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You've got nothing. Weak sauce.

I just have to rejoin what I said before before you started this juvenile deflection.

The eagles scratch healthy players for one game and several important veterans in their locker room freaked out publicly.

You want to act like scratching healthy players for four games is not going to have any negative impacts when there is recent evidence to the contrary.

the reason why I say you're boring is because your responses to me saying that yesterday has been that you are all macho and you would beat me and other juvenile drivel.

Like I said it's boring. It was boring when I was in sixth grade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again, it's an ideology, mindset. Giving up is your ideology, not mine. What's this casual fan rhetoric? lol.

Nothing to do with giving up. Its about realizing where the team is and realizing what is best for the team and rooting for that. Its not about your selfish little drunk Sundays so you can wave your pom poms. If you thought the team had a shot to win anything legitimate, you were just clueless. Guys like you simply dont love the team enough to sacrifice your own short term weekly agenda for the long term good of the team.

In other words.............your just a fair weather, casual fan.

Big_D

Reaction score
Right they’re not quitters. Shoot em :facepalm:

Just stupid. What are they quitting exactly? Another crap season that went down the drain weeks before? lol Everyone knows they can't win anything else. You apparently don't see that as a problem! And if they had any common sense at all we wouldn't have to talk about this subject every season. A stupid front office and the same outcome every year! But hey we don't care about the draft pick when we can beat up on low level garbage while dwelling among the bottom feeders. That's much more important.. and really paying dividends here!

Big_D

Reaction score
So you make Dalton a healthy scratch for four games and you think the locker room won't care? Okay.

Like we got Pat Mahomes at the helm. lol He wasn't playing that well to begin with and he was a low level free agent.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Just stupid. What are they quitting exactly? Another crap season that went down the drain weeks before? lol Everyone knows they can't win anything else. You apparently don't see that as a problem! And if they had any common sense at all we wouldn't have to talk about this subject every season. A stupid front office and the same outcome every year! But hey we don't care about the draft pick when we can beat up on low level garbage while dwelling among the bottom feeders. That's much more important.. and really paying dividends here!
You obviously don’t understand and are too dense to try and explain it to which I’ve done in many, many threads already.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I just have to rejoin what I said before before you started this juvenile deflection.

The eagles scratch healthy players for one game and several important veterans in their locker room freaked out publicly.

You want to act like scratching healthy players for four games is not going to have any negative impacts when there is recent evidence to the contrary.

the reason why I say you're boring is because your responses to me saying that yesterday has been that you are all macho and you would beat me and other juvenile drivel.

Like I said it's boring. It was boring when I was in sixth grade.
Take it however you like. I know of what I talk about.

Once again...Meh, weak sauce.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me understand why it's so important for people that believe the Cowboys should have tanked to those of us who don't to agree with them. Who cares? You wanted them to tank.. they didn't.. Maybe get on with life.. Start tracking draft prospects and free agent targets.. Whining about the fact that the guys who are paid to win went out there and tried to do so seems kinda silly. Then to attack people who don't agree with that stance? What is that all about?
No one is saying the players shouldn't play. Once you realize that, it's very easy. Tanking would've been trading some players off before the trade deadline.