Tap the breaks on Pollard

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
And i am not advocating cutting Pollard nor would I compare him to Zeke. The point of this thread is simply to poke fun at all the folks who thought this kid was going to do in a real NFL game what he did in training camp. And we can include Jerry among those who don't have a leg to stand on after week 1. I too hope we see more out of him, b/c he won't be dressed for games if he has a few more outings like sunday and Zeke needs someone to give him a break without killing the offense.

How is he not going to dress? He's the only other rb on the roster. Apparently the Cowboys are comfortable with him as the backup.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again even Zeke did not do what he did in preseason and training camp as a rookie.

Zeke barely played as a rookie in the preseason. He had 7 carries for 48 yards (6.9 YPC) in his one opportunity in the 2016 preseason. There was never any question about what he would do. He was safest pick in the draft.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is he not going to dress? He's the only other rb on the roster. Apparently the Cowboys are comfortable with him as the backup.

It would take about 5 minutes for the team to get Alfred Morris back. You can't have a back-up rb going for under 2 YPC. IF Pollard has a few more games like he did sunday, he's going to lose his job. Such is life for a 4th round rookie.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke was fresh off the beach and he still managed 53 yards. Easier running? How so.......?

exactly the hate and ZEKES not needed and shouldnt get paid continues with excuses for his backup..lol Zeke got a sweet 16yarder called back because of a wr not setting hi feet that would have pushed his YPC from 4.1 to 5.0..either way he did well for being rusty..

Not bad for off the beach 3 days of practice and no contact for a year..

Ill give Pollard a break, first game, we threw a ton, hes was the backup and we threw it a lot so the opportunity's will be there down the road to judge pollard..

I wont give him the excuse it was clean up garbage time to burn clock, I see to remember zeke having that job most of the time and it didnt hurt his averages too awfully bad did it?

bit please stop acting as if Zeke didnt effect the defense and helped the PA pass game go.. hes threat and DC know it.. I do believe the Oline did a much better job Pass blocking vs Run THIS game or the Giants were simply selling out to stop the run and we took advantage of it.. either way all 16 games wont look like this,

our run game will be needed and will win a lot of games and on showcase soon, no way our offense looks like this every week, defenses wont let it, great defenses will force KM to adjust and then we can judge him as well.. Pollard will get shot to show up..

Batman1980

Reaction score
Well, I never thought Pollard was going to be the everydown back a lot of our fan base did. I mean, I figured for a few games, he might be able to do it but not over the course of a season. I always thought he was better suited to coming out of the backfield and catching the ball with the occasional carries thrown in. We have yet to see him used in that capacity. I believe he is completely capable of filling that role and I believe he would be very effective, if used in that way. However, as I've contended throughout (and believe me when I say I hope I am wrong), I hear us say this every year. I see us draft guys to be used in this capacity and it never materializes. I fear that this is what will happen again this year.

Think about it.... Zeke just signed a new big deal. You saw what you saw last Sunday, you think Zeke is going to be OK giving up carries to Pollard with the amount of throws this team will be making this season? I suspect that we will be throwing the ball down field much more this year. Zeke's carries are, more then likely, going to take a hit this year. He's not going like that. I tried to have this conversation earlier in the year but of course, it was a wasted effort. Anyway, I'm affraid that his abilities may, once again, be wasted. I really hope not but gotta see it before I believe it.

JMO

That's my $90 million decoy!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a MOB here that has one goal to promote and sell Dak Prescott at the expense of even the Star.
When Zeke held out this put a wrench in the 30+million contract (Still outstanding) plans for there employer (Dak) and they started to promote Pollard as Zeke's replacement.
Beware there selling bad goods out there so always check the warranty......

P.S. Still very early to judge Pollard.

We'll just beware of @PAPPYDOG 's opinions on football players.

Since he told us over and over that Dak is terrible.

158.3 Perfect QB rating

Only 1 of 4 ever with 30 or more attempts and a perfect rating.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

158.3 Perfect QB rating

Ya them G-men and esp there defense are Superbowl caliber.
Man sell crazy elsewhere else were all stocked up here!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Will you shut up if he doesn't? :)
Most definitely. But if you watch football you know you will be wrong lol cmon bro. Pollard can play. I’m not calling him kamara but as soon as he gets some space you will be proven wrong

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Most definitely. But if you watch football you know you will be wrong lol cmon bro. Pollard can play. I’m not calling him kamara but as soon as he gets some space you will be proven wrong
First, you just said you're "not calling him Kamara," which basically underscores my point because I compared him to Kamara.
Second, don't read more into my comment than is there. It's not a permanent expression of emotion. Just a temporary one. I guess I heard all the hype about him being like Kamara and didn't see it. Doesn't mean he won't improve. I was just providing a knee-jerk reaction based on one game.
I hope he gets better. But I guess I was rushing to judgment just like many fans here are rushing to judgment based on what they saw from Week 1.
I would hate to see this forum if the Commanders somehow defeat us and look good in the process.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

158.3 Perfect QB rating

Folks be aware of xwalker’s takes.

He’s the same guy that started a thread disputing the media reports that Zeke was going to hold out.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would take about 5 minutes for the team to get Alfred Morris back. You can't have a back-up rb going for under 2 YPC. IF Pollard has a few more games like he did sunday, he's going to lose his job. Such is life for a 4th round rookie.

This is completely moronic sky is falling trolling nonsense.