Signed by Cowboys Tavon Austin Re-signed

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I like our recieving core now. Cooper is a stud. Gallup is going to be a stud I feel this year. Hurns was a slot receiver in Jacksonville. I think he made a pro bowl at that spot if not he played well. Wilson was having a great offseason before he gothurt. He was mentioned more than Gallup last offseason for how he looked cat hung passes. I may be one of the few but I like Noah Brown, Noah Brown is like, Dez in training. He has the physicality like Dez had, he can go get a ball like Dez used to, if he run his routes better and use that size he could become scary. I think he could break out this season if he can improve his route running and show Dak he is dependable to make plays/catches.
Thats some mighty big
" IF's" concercerning the
#85 friend.

*you know the rigidly tiered structure of how GARRETT'S mind works, should Noah bone up again during game play& keep dropping passes/being beat to the ball , he'll be yanked& benched for the majority of the season, that is, "IF" he hangs in there and makes the roster.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Actually I am. I would not mind another speed guy in FA or the draft. Think about it...Williams and Beasley were 2 of your top 3 last year. Cooper and an improving Gallup are a big upgrade.
I still don’t think Hurns will be here. I see a injury settlement coming. That’s a gruesome injury for a WR to come back from.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The 4 Million base salary for Hurns isn't guaranteed so the team picking up their option just gives them the option to get a comp pick back if/when they cut him. Or they could renegotiate his salary downward, but IMO there is no chance he comes back next year at that 4MM salary.
On this team at least, Hurns has shown that he's a good 4th WR and little else. All the numbers below are from games 1-7, when Hurns was still one of the team's top 3 WR targets.

Routes
1 Beasley 184
2 Hurns 176
3 Gallup 143
4 Thompson 96
5 Austin 66

Yards per route run
1 Austin 1.97
2 Beasley 1.90
3 Gallup 1.33
4 Thompson 1.07
5 Hurns 0.90

Targets resulting in First down
1 Beasley 44%
2 Thompson 40%
3 Austin 40%
4 Gallup 27%
5 Hurns 26%

Target 20+ yards
1 Gallup 6 tgt 4 rec
2 Austin 3 tgt 2 rec
3 Thompson 1 tgt 0 rec
4 Beasley 2 tgt 0 rec
5 Hurns 4 tgt 0 rec

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Same ones with Swaim said the same about Joseph Randle being able to fill in for DeMarco Murray.

Yeah. Murray wasnt really the answer either. He got too many touches. Randle had bad character. Lol. He wasnt strong enough to be that everydown back. He could hit some holes but didnt have the patience to be a great rb. The run game dropped off alot when they lost Dwayne Harris and his blocking. Hanna wasnt as good when he left either. None of the rbs were that good for a while

Murray fell right off a cliff. Lol

DuncanIso

Reaction score
On this team at least, Hurns has shown that he's a good 4th WR and little else. All the numbers below are from games 1-7, when Hurns was still one of the team's top 3 WR targets.

Routes
1 Beasley 184
2 Hurns 176
3 Gallup 143
4 Thompson 96
5 Austin 66

Yards per route run
1 Austin 1.97
2 Beasley 1.90
3 Gallup 1.33
4 Thompson 1.07
5 Hurns 0.90

Targets resulting in First down
1 Beasley 44%
2 Thompson 40%
3 Austin 40%
4 Gallup 27%
5 Hurns 26%

Target 20+ yards
1 Gallup 6 tgt 4 rec
2 Austin 3 tgt 2 rec
3 Thompson 1 tgt 0 rec
4 Beasley 2 tgt 0 rec
5 Hurns 4 tgt 0 rec

Lots of good numbers for ColeB.

Odd that they let him walk...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yeah. Murray wasnt really the answer either. He got too many touches. Randle had bad character. Lol. He wasnt strong enough to be that everydown back. He could hit some holes but didnt have the patience to be a great rb. The run game dropped off alot when they lost Dwayne Harris and his blocking. Hanna wasnt as good when he left either. None of the rbs were that good for a while

To be fair about DMurray... 1600 rushes for 7100 yds is a lot of football.

I don't blame him for retiring. He's got the $$$.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

DMurray got 3600 yards and 26 TDs in the 3 years following DAL.... that was sharing snaps in PHI

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
He's turning 30 and just doubled his previous contract. Common thought that you don't pay a 3rd contract - or it will bite you on the butt.
So does cutting production before you have a replacement. They did it with Dez. They did it w murray . They did it w Beasely. Lol. They just cut their 2nd best wr w 60 catches on spot plays. Good luck replacing that.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Hurns has a rebuilt ankle.

Let's be real.

Like the doctors being real saying he’ll be football ready by August at the latest? Be real like him already at the star working out?

It was a dislocated ankle that looked horrible, but it didn’t go through the skin or get ripped off. He also has the same doctor who repaired Jaylons knee who did his surgery, which he’s now over 2 months removed from.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
So does cutting production before you have a replacement. They did it with Dez. They did it w murray . They did it w Beasely. Lol. They just cut their 2nd best wr w 60 catches on spot plays. Good luck replacing that.

Beasley was at best the fourth option next year. And he wanted close to 10 mil per for that.
The dude had one good year and suddenly hes the savior we needed to keep.