Signed by Cowboys Tavon Austin Re-signed

Kaiser

Reaction score
Austin is most dynamic returner here since Harris. If he stays healthy he’s a top 20 player on this team

Exactly, I love how posters knee jerk this stuff without actually looking at the player. In the first Giants game he had a 64 yard TD pass and in the Seahawks playoff game he had a 51 yard punt return with a long TD PR called back by penalty.

The question is his health, just like you say. But if healthy he is a weapon at a low price. And last season was the first time in six NFL seasons he missed significant time with injuries.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm good with Austin as long as they did not overpay. He has potential as a punt returner and running a couple gadget plays per game and some reps from the slot.

tm1119

Reaction score
I think this is key. If he can stay healthy and Moore can find ways to use him, this could end up being a very good move.

Yup, I’m sure Moore will figure it out. That bum Sean McVay obviously didn’t know what he was doing.

Tavon is somehow going to live off of WV college hype forever. At some point people need to accept what he is...which is a great athlete with little to no football skill

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Yup, I’m sure Moore will figure it out. That bum Sean McVay obviously didn’t know what he was doing.

Tavon is somehow going to live off of WV college hype forever. At some point people need to accept what he is...which is a great athlete with little to no football skill
He showed his skill last year. The question is sustainability/durability.

tm1119

Reaction score
He showed his skill last year. The question is sustainability/durability.

He showed skill in all of 14 offensive touches? Sure he can do damage if he gets the ball in his hands with no defender within 5 yards...but that’s most RB’s/WR’s. He’s a gadget player and a punt returner that doesn’t have great hands. Basically he’s a 4 play a game player...barely worth a roster spot

Kaiser

Reaction score
If they envision him as the new slot WR.......hate it.

I really doubt it, there are already rumors about Golden Tate and Austin showed last year that he can play all three WR spots. They acquired him to be a Super Sub type and no doubt Kellen Moore pushed to have an electric player he could design plays for.

Kaiser

Reaction score