Tavon Austin ruled out Sunday

Mr_437

Reaction score
With Tavon out who returns punts? Cobb can do it, but do they want to expose him to that?

They may call up Wilson cause he can handle Tavon's duties across the board. I'm all for adding more Boise State to the offense.

Them

Reaction score
...to tell ya the truth...I don't think they'll miss him much...if ya know what I mean!...:flagwave:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cedric's a pedestrian.
A guy that will help you walk across the street... Maybe.
Nobody worth a thing unless 2-3 guys get injured.
Tavon is a guy that, when put on the field, grabs the D's attention.
Something Ced could never do.
Baloney, bro. Cedrick showed this preseason he can get you first downs consistently, while returning punts for good yards. All while being healthy and being available. Tavon hardly gets on the field and seems to always get injured.

erod

Reaction score
Much rather Devin Smith play anyway. The Tavon Austin experiment needs to end.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
LOL, of course.....……….. Tavon "Charmin" Austin makes Sean Lee look like Iron Man:laugh:

51m%2BYSOBOFL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, let's face it, Austin is made of glass. Got hurt a lot last season. May as well put him where he ends up and seeing how Wilson can handle a real NFL regular season game imo.
It's professional football, players get hurt. Wilson was on IR all last season yet you somehow think he can handle it now.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Austin provided 195 yards on 14 touches in 7 games last season. Everyone remembers the bomb against NY but that's pretty much all he contributed the entire season.

Anything Dallas gets from him in 2019 will be gravy.
He had a nice return in the playoffs against seattle.. it was enough just for that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Baloney, bro. Cedrick showed this preseason he can get you first downs consistently, while returning punts for good yards. All while being healthy and being available. Tavon hardly gets on the field and seems to always get injured.
I like baloney...

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
LOl. Fans saying how Austin is injury prone, yet again. over a concussion. How many players sit out every week from a concussion. Give me a break.

But yet the same ones want Wilson to be called up before we lose him to another team, and I doubt that happens. Why is he still on the PS then, because he isn't any better than, what about the other 160 WR's on rosters already?

I liked him, I hoped he would have made the team, but he didn't. Why, part of the reason he is as injury prone if not more than Austin by your alls standards.
He missed the entire season last year, something Tavon did not do. He was banged up in the PS games, and oh yeah, didn't he have a concussion too.

Tavon missed 80% of all offensive snaps last year and after playing 20 snaps this year he is out already, so I see why people are down on him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tavon missed 80% of all offensive snaps last year and after playing 20 snaps this year he is out already, so I see why people are down on him.

"out already" from a concussion is different than out from an injury.
I can see why also, but they are comparing him to Wilson who also has had his share of injuries.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
"out already" from a concussion is different than out from an injury.
I can see why also, but they are comparing him to Wilson who also has had his share of injuries.

Yes I get it bro. I was just stating how I can see why people are getting restless with him.