Tavon Austin said he did what he was supposed to do on the punt

Sydla

Reaction score
So miscommunication between Garrett/coaches and Austin?

Carson

Reaction score
Honestly. I take my chances on having Tavon Austin in the open field, over a Hail Mary.

more bad decisions by the coach.

I mean worst case on that return he gets us to the 35-40 with 12 seconds. So a play and 25-3 yard toss as opposed to 50

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This how a coach loses players right here. Making choices that cost the team games.
Shinaoi---i am beyond ticked off...i have other choice adjectives but the program here will put dots for the letters.....so sick of this team finding new ways to lose...both our O Line and D line were manhandled ...we should have scrapped the running game altogether once we were in 4th quarter...but no...keep feeding Zeke who could not get out of backfield on many plays

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I take the word over a man with over 150+ returns over the carrot

This exactly. Tavon has gotten very few returnable balls on his two years here and do anyone think for a second he wouldn’t have loved to have returned THAT ONE with that left sideline wide open? Clown shoes is lying to cover his own ***. And he will lose the team over this as well. I just can’t wait for a fresh start with a competent head coach.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Honestly. I take my chances on having Tavon Austin in the open field, over a Hail Mary.

more bad decisions by the coach.
I was just going to say that. Neither are great chances and are both long shots, but heck, gimme Austin who has actually scored on some PR's before over Dak heaving a ball into the endzone that has never worked. Seeing how open the field was in front of Austin is making this even worse. He actually had a decent shot at scoring. If not, he could easily have gotten to their 30 maybe their 25 with about 10 seconds left. That is 2 legit shots for a score.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This exactly. Tavon has gotten very few returnable balls on his two years here and do anyone think for a second he wouldn’t have loved to have returned THAT ONE with that left sideline wide open? Clown shoes is lying to cover his own ***. And he will lose the team over this as well. I just can’t wait for a fresh start with a competent head coach.
He just put everyone on notice that he is not going to take the blame for anything and will throw his players under the bus any chance he gets to save face.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Wow. He needs to be fired now then.

That clubhouse is going to absolutely quit on him if this is true.

I'll look for it but can anyone post him saying it was Austin's choice??
It was in a Newsfeed thread titled "Jason Garrett speaks with 105.3 TheFan". he talks about the fair catch a few posts down in the thread.

German Corner

Reaction score
Here's what Garrett said …

“You lay out the situation: let’s not waste a lot of time. If you don’t have a real good opportunity here to go make a return directly north and south, don’t waste a lot of time. In that situation, the way he saw it, he went ahead and made the fair catch and gave us the opportunity around midfield.
I can't stand jackass pompass Jason garrett. I've said from the beginning he would make a great assistant coach but not a good head coach. well I was right. as an ou fan he reminds me so much of gary gibbs. the same scenario. he quit in 1994 and has not become a head coach anywhere yet a great assistant coach along the way. we have battled a TEN YEAR LEARNING CURVE with Jason garrett...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sad..players need to protest if they want Garett gone.. it wont happen but boycott practice this week , all of them.. what can they do forfeit the game? cant suspend the entire team..if this is true and JG is throwing players under the bus, might be time for them to turn their back on the coaches and start calling their own plays if they dont like the ones brought in..

if its not true us fans keep speculating on all things coaching..whats the real truths..?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wow. He needs to be fired now then.

That clubhouse is going to absolutely quit on him if this is true.

I'll look for it but can anyone post him saying it was Austin's choice??

He kind of talked around it really. Gave one of those answers that wasn't really an answer from what I saw.