Twitter: Taylor Stern leaving talkin Cowboys

waldoputty

Reaction score
daboyzruleperiod Whats Putty talking about :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

article-2037811-0DE894A300000578-627_468x403.jpg

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I've stopped listening to the break because of ambar......don't get me wrong, I love accents......but her accent and attempts at humor just makes the show unbearable to listen to......taylor was started becoming awesome when she started ruffling mickey's feathers....

Wood

Reaction score
A little too honest for someone trying to do it for a living. It's not the honesty with her analysis, it's the honesty of her emotions that look like an issue to me. For example, sometimes she starts getting defensive when the other guys argue with her, and she starts making comments about "being attacked". Just not a good look for a pro.

I have seen that too but I think most of that comes from her feeling "out gunned" by others on show who have been watching football their entire life. She is playing catch-up and I think Broddius has helped her alot with break-down of film on spanish version. She still surprises me with her insight and honestly at times because I have almost no expectations from her. Not sure if you have noticed this too but Nick Eatman has crush on her.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have seen that too but I think most of that comes from her feeling "out gunned" by others on show who have been watching football their entire life. She is playing catch-up and I think Broddius has helped her alot with break-down of film on spanish version. She still surprises me with her insight and honestly at times because I have almost no expectations from her. Not sure if you have noticed this too but Nick Eatman has crush on her.

Could be insecurity of feeling outgunned. Could just be a propensity to take things personally. Women generally do more than men.

Interesting about Nick. I hadn't noticed, but I tend to listen more than watch, and at 2X. If true, I won't fault his taste. I'll probably keep an eye out for Nick's wandering eye now. Extra entertainment! Thanks.

Sepia

Reaction score
I think that she has greatly improved as well. I appreciate the fact that unlike some others, she can be critical when she feels it's warranted.

I agree. Ambar was the worst because she admittedly didn’t know any football. She used to be silent for long periods on The Break while the men talked. Not sure why they hire women who are not equipped to discuss football themselves. Anyway, Bryan, to his credit, seems to have taken her under wing and explained the basics to her. Now, she asserts herself more and forms her own opinions. I think Taylor learned a lot talking to Bryan, too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Ambar was the worst because she admittedly didn’t know any football. She used to be silent for long periods on The Break while the men talked. Not sure why they hire women who are not equipped to discuss football themselves. Anyway, Bryan, to his credit, seems to have taken her under wing and explained the basics to her. Now, she asserts herself more and forms her own opinions. I think Taylor learned a lot talking to Bryan, too.

I'm not sure exactly how either of them got their jobs in the first place, but I do credit both with working hard to improve. And I think that work is paying off for both.

Wood

Reaction score
My main criticism with those shows is that females don't really seem particularly interested in it and use it as jumping pad to other avenues. It create high turnover rates and poor continuity experience for viewers. I would rather Derek start looking for less eye candy and instead look for qualified real female sports journalist who are in this for long haul. They won't need to be coached up as much.