Twitter: Taysom Hill feared to have Mallet Finger

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mallet finger is an injury to the end of your finger that causes it to bend inwards towards your palm. You will not be able to straighten the end of your finger because the tendon connecting the muscle to the finger bone is stretched or torn.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I once hit my finger with a mallet when I was using it to hammer a nail in (don't ask, I was being lazy rather than actually getting the proper tool).

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Otherwise known as Hammer Finger. The tendon at the furthest joint is damaged resulting in the tip hanging down. Surgery isn’t always required, just depends on the severity. It happened to me during a baseball game in College, healed on its own after a few weeks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was still making throws against us with that finger. The turnovers saved us in that game. An elite QB would’ve put up over 400 on us last night.

ShortRound

Reaction score

Uhmm, what's mallet finger?

Related to scissorhands maybe?

EDIT, doesn't sound fun:

Mallet finger is an injury to the end of your finger that causes it to bend inwards towards your palm. You will not be able to straighten the end of your finger because the tendon connecting the muscle to the finger bone is stretched or torn.

Your finger will also be painful and swollen. In some cases, the tendon does not tear, but a small fragment of your finger bone breaks off where the tendon is attached. Mallet finger is a common sports injury. It can also happen after catching your finger on something.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/mallet-finger/

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
iu

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I once hit my finger with a mallet when I was using it to hammer a nail in (don't ask, I was being lazy rather than actually getting the proper tool).

Whoa -- it's like using a jackhammer to plant a flower! :muttley: You took lazy to a whole new level. :grin:

JBS

Reaction score
Resident doc has spoken