TD celebration with or Against

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Personally I think stoping TD celebrations is a COMPLETE JOKE!. If you dont like opposing teams celebrating then STOP them, it's called DEFENSE!.

I'm all for letting players celebrate, if you dont like it close your eyes and continue being a wuss.

NFL is not stopping players from celebrating they can within reason but because some guys feel the need to go overboard the NFL is just going to get a bit more strick about it.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
The NFL is entertainment...As long as the majority of money spending fans are not against it, I don't see it being totally abolished. It doesn't really bother me. I'm already thinking ahead to how Dallas is going to do on the next series (offense or defense). I still like the guys that hand the ball to the ref and jog back to the sidelines.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They can do any enzone celebration that they want to... it doesn't bother me any at all. What do I like? I happen to like it when a guy scores, he flips the ball to the ref, and his team mates run up and they all start hugging and slapping each other on the helment. I like the team to look happy they helped their team mate score.

Just enthusiasm all around.

Now the pre-planned stuff just usually doesn't do that much for me... but it usually doesn't offend me either. Every now and then there's one that I think is funny and when I see it, I laugh and like it. Most though are just silly and meant to draw attention to themselves (marketing).

I guess it's best to say that I judge each celebration on its own merits and if its good, then I like it. If it's not, then I don't.

Meh, whatever... just don't change the best sport in the known universe.

notherbob

Reaction score
I enjoy spontaneous celebrations of joy, after all, making a great play is a proper occasion for joy. On the other hand, taunting the other team is not a celebration of joy, it is an act of adolescent immaturity and will sooner or later lead to a bench-emptying brawl with someone getting seriously hurt. Football is a game not a gangfight, but sooner or later taunting will turn it into that. Then it will be time to do something about it.

What's the difference between celebrating and taunting? I can't define it, but sooner or later the players will.

That's they way things go; people push the limit more and more until something tragic happens, then they back off and wonder "How could something like this happen?"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
That's celebrating after winning the game (or race), not after scoring a touchdown.

That would be like doing donuts after being the first out of the pits or when they make a pass for the lead.

BTW, not everyone does donuts after a victory just as not everyone changes the football's diaper after scoring a touchdown.
It's still showing up the opponant, no matter what you say. Your sport does it, it's okay, our sport does it, it's show boating. What are we really implying here?

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
football is a sport, as well as entertainment. if the fans pay their hard earned money to watch a game, they should be entertained. i think guys like chad johnson, terrell owens, and joe horn should be allowed to express their creativity when they score TD's. if the NFL doesn't like it, TELL THE DEFENSES TO COWBOY UP! let 'em celebrate.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
the NFL is right on this one, endzone dances are the reason for the decline of western civilization...:rolleyes:

ok seriously though, it seems like they want to eliminate everything the fans want. ie; encouraging officials to call more pass interference calls, having way to many tackling restrictions, and now the celebrations..wheres the emotion?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I'm all for it. The players are still professionals and should act as such. If players - Cowboys or otherwise - insist on acting like fools, I hope they're penalized accordingly.

Undisputed

Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
football is a sport, as well as entertainment. if the fans pay their hard earned money to watch a game, they should be entertained. i think guys like chad johnson, terrell owens, and joe horn should be allowed to express their creativity when they score TD's. if the NFL doesn't like it, TELL THE DEFENSES TO COWBOY UP! let 'em celebrate.

Exactly my feelings. Why kill the entertainment aspect? I mean if someone's celebration is not funny, then let them look like a fool. But if it is, the fans can really enjoy themselves as well. I remember people going ape**** when Chad Johnson scored on that bomb TD and then went crazier when he proposed to the cheerleader. Pretty unreal level of emotion for such a simple thing...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
I'm all for it. The players are still professionals and should act as such. If players - Cowboys or otherwise - insist on acting like fools, I hope they're penalized accordingly.

Boy Football Players are not professionals they make a living playing a GAME. They're job is to entertain us nothing more.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
It was just getting way out of control, im all for it. I have no problem with a simple spike, or dunk over the goalpost, or even a little endzone dance. What i do have a problem with is Proposing to a cheerleader, Practicing a 10 foot putt with a pylon, and Paddling through the Endzone with an imaginary Canoe. Im glad that they are getting more strict on this issue, But i hope that they dont try to take away celebrations as a whole.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think its assinine. Its not "taunting", its entertaining the fans. These endzone celebrations do not involve the opponent in any way, shape or form. As long as it isn't delaying the game for extended periods or refering to anything obscene, I could care less about what they do in the endzone

Taunting is when defensive players makes a takle and hover over the ball carrier while they are on the ground. Taunting is a CB talking smack to the WR everytime he bats down an intended pass. If you want to get real about taunting, do something about that. Real taunting goes on every down by the defense, and its called "passion" and "intimidation". How come its only illegal when the offense does it?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I think its assinine. Its not "taunting", its entertaining the fans. These endzone celebrations do not involve the opponent in any way, shape or form. As long as it isn't delaying the game for extended periods or refering to anything obscene, I could care less about what they do in the endzone

Taunting is when defensive players makes a takle and hover over the ball carrier while they are on the ground. Taunting is a CB talking smack to the WR everytime he bats down an intended pass. If you want to get real about taunting, do something about that. Real taunting goes on every down by the defense, and its called "passion" and "intimidation". How come its only illegal when the offense does it?

Based off what I have seen Players can still celebrate in the endzone, they can't run out to mid-field and celebrate (ala TO) use props (ala TO,Horn and Johnson) but the players can still dance,spike, spin and dunk the ball. No one is taking celebration away they are trying to stop the excess that is starting to take place.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Yeah, let's make them wear church pants and say scriptures before each play. Get real dude, this is entertainment, not a stock-market board meeting. Let the guys have fun and celebrate, no harm and danger in it, it's just a cultural thing.
Other cultures don't do it that way, it doesn't make it wrong just cause some people are God like and grew up in a different neighborhood. Just let the guys have fun and worry about more important things in life.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Yeah, let's make them wear church pants and say scriptures before each play. Get real dude, this is entertainment, not a stock-market board meeting. Let the guys have fun and celebrate, no harm and danger in it, it's just a cultural thing.
Other cultures don't do it that way, it doesn't make it wrong just cause some people are God like and grew up in a different neighborhood. Just let the guys have fun and worry about more important things in life.

the country's at war, and the NFL is worried about friggin TD celebrations. time to put things in perspective. i agree with ya :shoot2: