News: TE Bennett Ranked Romo As Worst QB He's Played With

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by daboyzruleperiod, Jun 28, 2017.

1. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

24,729 Messages
    60,397 Likes Received
    Hey Marty B....WE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF ROMO! Of course your going to pick Rodgers as your #1 QB, your playing for him now. You haven't even played long enough for any team to make that observation. Don't tell me, should the Pack fire you as well and the Egals pick you up, will Wentz be your #1 pick then? :lmao2:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Martellus Bennett has been pretty lucky in his NFL career when it comes to the quarterbacks he’s played with. He just left Tom Brady, arguably the greatest quarterback ever, and landed with Aaron Rodgers, arguably the most talented quarterback ever.

He also spent time in Dallas with Tony Romo, New York with Eli Manning and Chicago with Jay Cutler. That’s a pretty talented group right there.

During an appearance on NFL Network’s Total Access, Bennett was asked to rank the quarterbacks he’s played with in his career, and his answer was surprising…

5. Tony Romo
    4. Eli Manning
    3. Jay Cutler
    2. Tom Brady
    1. Aaron Rodgers

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/martellus-bennett-tom-brady-aaron-rodgers-patriots-packers-nfl

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    RGV_C_Los, Ranching, DFWJC and 2 others like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

30,637 Messages
    25,763 Likes Received
    I'm more surprised Cutler is 3rd.

3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

18,043 Messages
    12,385 Likes Received
    Cutler being 3rd while Romo is 5th is a joke. You couldn't find a more careless and uninspired QB than Cutler. I would say the same for Eli if it weren't for 2007 and 2011.

YR

4. haleyrules

haleyrules Benched

16,060 Messages
    42,877 Likes Received
    Bennett was always a bright buy!

5. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

6,610 Messages
    6,326 Likes Received
    His worst performing years were here, so its not really a surprise.

Proof and DFWJC like this.
  6. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,851 Messages
    41,730 Likes Received
    Marty B ranked worse TE in Cowboys History. lol

7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,753 Messages
    37,211 Likes Received
    Pretty transparent.
    He was not a starter and never got the ball in Dallas.
    Plus he hated that Romo loved Witten so much, but at least later learned to appreciate Witten.

Of course he would rate Romo behind all the places where he started.

8. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

24,729 Messages
    60,397 Likes Received
    So true. Obviously, his jealousy over Romo & Witten still exists or he wouldn't toss Romo under the bus like that. Cutler/Emily over Romo? Have to admit, the man does have a sense of humor besides being a bozo and using his status to cry in public. :muttley:

9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,753 Messages
    37,211 Likes Received
    Really nice list of QBs. Marty B has been lucky.
    The best are clearly Brady and Rodgers--two of the very best all-time.

But there are two players on that list that max out their use of TEs. Brady and Romo. They are both dream QBs for TEs.
    Marty B just was in Dallas at the wrong stage of his career.:muttley:

10. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

2,622 Messages
    3,279 Likes Received
    Sorry Marty, Romo didn't throw the ball to players who were to stupid to run routes correctly. Cutler and Manning on the other hand will throw the ball to anybody including the opposing defense.

Proof, Trouty and DFWJC like this.
  11. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

2,061 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Both Eli and Culter should have been moved up a spot or 2. If it weren't for them, he would have played in the Arena League.

Trouty and DFWJC like this.
  12. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

11,422 Messages
    10,923 Likes Received
    He's actually played with a lot of good QBs. Obviously Rodgers and Brady go ahead of Romo, and it's not insane for a non-Cowboys fan to put a 2-time Super Bowl champion Eli over Tony too. I don't know any reasonable person who would put Cutler ahead of Romo though. Cutler did show a lot of "promise" early in his career after leaving Denver, but his career took a tailspin while Romo quietly had a consistent and productive career.

Melonfeud and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,538 Messages
    60,048 Likes Received
    A, who cares because he's an asshat, but B, I could easily see veteran QBs from that list choosing to not throw to Bennett for any number of reasons. Rodgers and Brady are better players than Romo was anyway. Eli and Cutler aren't in my book, but they're both close enough in terms of talent that I can see Marty preferring them to Tony, especially if he felt like Tony was snubbing him. Either way, it's his opinion, he's entitled to it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  14. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    We can say "asshat"!!!!!

:)

15. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,538 Messages
    60,048 Likes Received
    I actually thought that was filtered. Probably we don't because we don't want common words like 'p***' and 'cl***' and '****time' getting filtered.

Don't get carried away with it or it'd be just one more example of why we can't have nice things. Like the unfiltered use of the word '***.'

Melonfeud and Trouty like this.
  16. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    I promise I won't, Idgit. :)

17. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

34,138 Messages
    93,098 Likes Received
    I'd love him here now....he would get lots of opportunity now that Witten is on the decline

18. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

34,138 Messages
    93,098 Likes Received
    Marty B is a bootyhead

19. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

24,729 Messages
    60,397 Likes Received
    Such language. :laugh:

20. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

14,327 Messages
    2,254 Likes Received
    Poor Marty......how many times did Romo put the ball right in Marty's hands only for him to drop it.....He made TO look like a reliable pass catcher.

Melonfeud and daboyzruleperiod like this.