TE Jake Ferguson

RonWashington

Reaction score
All I know buddy is you hoped for a receiver and I asked you to name one you would like and you couldn't do it. Just more wise crack jokes and comments. You had your chance.

What you say you did a few picks before we drafted matters not to me. Where was your tolbert claim when I asked you? Heck you probably didnt even know who he was. LOL

Any fool can google a WR list.

Im the kind of Cowboys fan that eats know nothings like you for breakfast. You want to take me on, come prepared next time.[/
All I know buddy is you hoped for a receiver and I asked you to name one you would like and you couldn't do it. Just more wise crack jokes and comments. You had your chance.

What you say you did a few picks before we drafted matters not to me. Where was your tolbert claim when I asked you? Heck you probably didnt even know who he was. LOL

Any fool can google a WR list.

Im the kind of Cowboys fan that eats know nothings like you for breakfast. You want to take me on, come prepared next time.

I told you they needed a receiver a round before they picked one next round a half dozen teams before Dallas picked I named him . Case closed . You look like a poster who comes on here to start arguments and that’s your sole contribution to this board . That’s pathetic come on get yourself together come on here with something to ADD to the discussion “ next time “ ….

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The entire fan base wanted a receiver. LOL

I didnt want them to blow a first or second rounder on one and they didnt.

I asked you point blank to tell me a few you wanted them to take and you couldn't do it.

Next time do your homework before you challenge me.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The entire fan base wanted a receiver. LOL

I didnt want them to blow a first or second rounder on one and they didnt.

I asked you point blank to tell me a few you wanted them to take and you couldn't do it.

Next time do your homework before you challenge me.

Now your embarrassing yourself . AFTER the 2nd round I said WR should be next . Well BEFORE the pick I named HIM . Keep TROLLING me you may learn something . Your sloppy and lazy . Your knowledge minimal . = BORING

Rayman70

Reaction score
tenor.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Would have taken TE Isaiah Likely or OL Zach Tom.

Ferguson is okay, not a game changer on offense as receiver or blocker.

May never even be a starter.
Moving the chains is a game changer. Teams such as ATL and KC have lost in the playoffs due to lack of the ability to move the chains.

Why is it that everyone suddenly thinks that every TE has to be a downfield receiver? I don't get it. LAR just won the super bowl w/ a chain moving TE, and Cincy has the same type TE. What's up w/ this obsession?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Moving the chains is a game changer. Teams such as ATL and KC have lost in the playoffs due to lack of the ability to move the chains.

Why is it that everyone suddenly thinks that every TE has to be a downfield receiver? I don't get it. LAR just won the super bowl w/ a chain moving TE, and Cincy has the same type TE. What's up w/ this obsession?
exactly. Its still the name of the game, physicality inside and moving the chains. It always will be that way. Thats why I like the way we drafted. Not sexy at all, but needed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Now your embarrassing yourself . AFTER the 2nd round I said WR should be next . Well BEFORE the pick I named HIM . Keep TROLLING me you may learn something . Your sloppy and lazy . Your knowledge minimal . = BORING

Everyone wanted a WR. LOL

I asked you which one and you couldn't name anyone.

Woof woof little pup.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Well another keyboard tough guy whimpers away tail tucked in LOL . Bring something to the forum anything except “ I heard I thought name a receiver “ .

Educate yourself it’s embarrassing. You asked another poster “ name Steeler receivers “. Is this all you got ?

Kalyan

Reaction score
All highlight reels are the same, they look like next all pro. But I do see a lot of Witten, hope we luck out

Pass2Run

Reaction score
All highlight reels are the same, they look like next all pro. But I do see a lot of Witten, hope we luck out

The difference between his highlight reel and others is his is really long, so that means he's consistent.

25 minutes long, and he's open every minute. lol

He'll never get the kind of receiving yards Witten had. He's not good enough after the catch.

But he can be a first down machine.

tm1119

Reaction score
He reminds me of Jason Witten…after the age of 35.

Knows how to find open spots underneath and has reliable hands. Willing blocker who usually does just enough to get in the way of a defender.

However, doesn’t have the speed or overall athleticism to threaten teams down the field. Nor is he strong enough to be a plus blocker.

Jack of all trades, master of none type of guy. I think most scouting reports matchup to what I see…high floor/low ceiling player who should have a career as a solid TE2.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Would have taken TE Isaiah Likely or OL Zach Tom.

Ferguson is okay, not a game changer on offense as receiver or blocker.

May never even be a starter.

You know Ferguson is a better athlete than Likely don’t you?

RonWashington

Reaction score
I had Zach Tom as my 3rd rounder before the draft to compete and hopefully take over the center position but I’m ecstatic with Tolbert juicing up the receiver corps.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s on a one-year deal. I’m talking about when we inevitably let him walk and he’s looking for his next team.

The refrain at that time will be “Washington is awesome but look at the receivers who in front of him in Dallas!”

starfrombirth

Reaction score
He is 2nd on my list of 'Witten-ish' TEs (Otton was 1st).

Not going to win the combine, but knows how to play football.
- Good blocker. Gets open and reliable catching the ball.

I liked him better than Kolar because he'll be a better blocker.

Better blocker than Schultz.

I would still draft TE Michael Mayer next year if they have the opportunity.
- He would have been the 1st TE drafted this year if eligible.
I noticed that he was a better blocker now than Schultz is after 4 years in an NFL program.... That's sad! :(

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Not a good blocker at all. Not a physical presence that will make a difference in the run game.

Also a young Jason Witten was 15 pounds heavier and a significantly better athlete.

If you want to compare Ferguson to 2019/2020 version of Jason Witten we can talk. Until then your comparisons of draft prospects to 1st ballot HOF’s is just stupid
Not sure what you were looking at but he is a good blocker as seen on tape and most draft experts agree. He is already a better blocker than Schultz.. which admittedly isn't saying much but he can improve while Schultz has been here for 4 years.

tm1119

Reaction score
Not sure what you were looking at but he is a good blocker as seen on tape and most draft experts agree. He is already a better blocker than Schultz.. which admittedly isn't saying much but he can improve while Schultz has been here for 4 years.

Areas for improvement
“Ferguson’s best plays generate a lot of excitement, but the Wisconsin TE still has work to do. Especially as a blocker, Ferguson is fairly inconsistent. He doesn’t always have the necessary strength to sustain blocks, and he doesn’t generate much movement against larger defenders. Ferguson gets knocked off balance easily due to his relatively light frame and can sometimes take faulty angles.”
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jake-ferguson-wisconsin-te-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

“While he gives effort as a blocker, he wasn't a great fit for what Wisconsin asks of their tight ends in the running game and he's likely to be overmatched if asked to take on defensive ends in the NFL. He is a solid receiver and a below-average blocker with TE2/3 potential.“
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jake-ferguson/32004645-5214-6119-2797-33878db83d5a

“He has the mentality needed for blocking duties, but his average play strength and technique will be more pronounced in the NFL. Overall, Ferguson doesn’t have much style, but he has substance because of his above average ball skills and competitiveness as a blocker. He has the upside to be an NFL team’s No. 2 tight end.”
From Brugler’s “The Beast” draft guide

From what I’ve watched…

I will give Ferguson credit for being a willing blocker, and I don’t think he will hurt the team as a blocker…but I definitely don’t see a plus blocker by any measure. He’s not nearly big or strong enough to move DE’s or big LB’s to open holes. But like I said, at least he’s willing to get in the way. Can he get significantly stronger and better as a blocker after 5 years at Wisconsin? Maybe, but not sure it’s something I’d count on…

Fee free to point out which plays you see a plus blocker…or which “most” of the experts are that say he is a “good” blocker.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Areas for improvement
“Ferguson’s best plays generate a lot of excitement, but the Wisconsin TE still has work to do. Especially as a blocker, Ferguson is fairly inconsistent. He doesn’t always have the necessary strength to sustain blocks, and he doesn’t generate much movement against larger defenders. Ferguson gets knocked off balance easily due to his relatively light frame and can sometimes take faulty angles.”
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jake-ferguson-wisconsin-te-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

“While he gives effort as a blocker, he wasn't a great fit for what Wisconsin asks of their tight ends in the running game and he's likely to be overmatched if asked to take on defensive ends in the NFL. He is a solid receiver and a below-average blocker with TE2/3 potential.“
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jake-ferguson/32004645-5214-6119-2797-33878db83d5a

“He has the mentality needed for blocking duties, but his average play strength and technique will be more pronounced in the NFL. Overall, Ferguson doesn’t have much style, but he has substance because of his above average ball skills and competitiveness as a blocker. He has the upside to be an NFL team’s No. 2 tight end.”
From Brugler’s “The Beast” draft guide

From what I’ve watched…

I will give Ferguson credit for being a willing blocker, and I don’t think he will hurt the team as a blocker…but I definitely don’t see a plus blocker by any measure. He’s not nearly big or strong enough to move DE’s or big LB’s to open holes. But like I said, at least he’s willing to get in the way. Can he get significantly stronger and better as a blocker after 5 years at Wisconsin? Maybe, but not sure it’s something I’d count on…

Fee free to point out which plays you see a plus blocker…or which “most” of the experts are that say he is a “good” blocker.

Mmmm not what I said. I said he isn't a bad blocker and is already better than Schultz. To be fair, from what I have seen there aren't any real good blocking TE's in this draft. I will take this young man who has willingness and some (a little) technique over most of the TE's coming into the league today and definately over Schultz. I did see somewhere (a couple places) that said he was a good blocker but I didn't bookmark them or anything. I didn't really expect to have to reference them... sorry. But I do see what you mean as well.

tm1119

Reaction score
Mmmm not what I said. I said he isn't a bad blocker and is already better than Schultz. To be fair, from what I have seen there aren't any real good blocking TE's in this draft. I will take this young man who has willingness and some (a little) technique over most of the TE's coming into the league today and definately over Schultz. I did see somewhere (a couple places) that said he was a good blocker but I didn't bookmark them or anything. I didn't really expect to have to reference them... sorry. But I do see what you mean as well.

Lol come on man, that’s just embarrassing