Twitter: TE Sean McKeon out at least 4-6 weeks with high ankle sprain

quickccc

Reaction score
i had wondered how many TEs were we likely to keep anyway - Seemingly Sprinkle hasn't been impressive in camp from the likes of it, but
i had him penciled in as the 4th TE on the 53 roster by default, since they sought him out per FA.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He honestly had a good chance to be the 3rd TE from most of the reporting on the cowboys podcasts. He has been playing as well as sprinkle if not a bit better and also is cheaper and under contract for longer.

I hope they keep him over Sprinkle anyway. Younger with upside and under contract longer as you said.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
They could do IR designated to return.

Whatever they do though, I think he’ll end up on the 53. He was going to be the 3rd TE before he got hurt. I think the team really likes him.
They could but I don’t see why they would if it’s a 4-6 week injury. He should be ready week 2-3. We’ll see.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Cowboys keep four tight ends until McKeon is healthy, so Jeremy Sprinkle may have a short stay on the 53 man roster.
With the new rules I think they'll IR McKeon. This will require him being on the original 53 though. So I they most likely cut Sprinkle on "cut down day" and bring him back the next day after moving McKeon to IR.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
i had wondered how many TEs were we likely to keep anyway - Seemingly Sprinkle hasn't been impressive in camp from the likes of it, but
i had him penciled in as the 4th TE on the 53 roster by default, since they sought him out per FA.

Sprinkle wouldn't have made the team if McKeon didn't get hurt. But since Jarwin is just starting to get into full practice and Schultz has a more minor ankle sprain, he's the in-house veteran insurance policy now. As soon as McKeon is healthy I think Sprinkle is gone.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
There is not much difference in talent between McKeon and Eubanks. Eubanks might even be better. These late round and UFA players have small windows to make the team. An injury can allow another person to get reps and shine.

Jarwin is coming off ACL surgery and Schultz has an ankle injury and missed practice and the game. Only 3 TEs left to play the next two games. This is Eubanks’ chance to shine. Lynn is the other TE.

Sprinkle looked good against the Cards in limited action against 2nd stringers.

Plankton

Reaction score
No but it’ll probably keep him on PUP to start the season. They’ll cut Sprinkle once he’s back and ready.

He can't be put on PUP since he actually took part in training camp. If they want to put him on short term IR, he will have to make the initial 53 coming out of final cuts, then they can put him on IR. Nick Eubanks now has a chance to make this team.

DanA

Reaction score
I still think he makes the team, we're just gonna do one of those sneaky moves where we cut a veteran on Sunday and re-sign them on monday when McKeon is shifted to IR. He'll miss the first few games though.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Cowboys keep four tight ends until McKeon is healthy, so Jeremy Sprinkle may have a short stay on the 53 man roster.
Sprinkle was a late signing so there probably isn't much interest in the league. They could probably put him on the practice squad and bring up on game days because of the covid rules.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’ve been really impressed with Ralston the FB. He destroyed Zaven Collins a couple times in the hole 1v1. If the guy can play ST’s they could carry him, or at the very least PS.

quickccc

Reaction score
They’ll probably carry him on the 53 and just make him inactive for the first couple weeks.

and if Jarwin who is still in recovery mode manages to get hurt again ?

that would mean we are down to one TE ? ... naah we'll need TE bodies as we can spare .