Twitter: TE Sean McKeon out at least 4-6 weeks with high ankle sprain

quickccc

Reaction score
Sprinkle wouldn't have made the team if McKeon didn't get hurt. But since Jarwin is just starting to get into full practice and Schultz has a more minor ankle sprain, he's the in-house veteran insurance policy now. As soon as McKeon is healthy I think Sprinkle is gone.

it depends upon how many TEs the team prefer to keep on the 53 roster ,,, it has always been four TEs
also Jarwin isn't the most durable dependant around, and we have to be prepared when he has the usual nicks ..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
it depends upon how many TEs the team prefer to keep on the 53 roster ,,, it has always been four TEs
also Jarwin isn't the most durable dependant around, and we have to be prepared when he has the usual nicks ..
They use to keep only 3 TEs, but did keep 4 last year because of McKeon. If a FB is kept I would think they only keep 3.

blueblood70

Reaction score
its unfortunate for him but really how many snaps does 3rd TE get here..go back and look at be;ls snaps..not sure it will matter much unless jarwin and or shultz gets hurt..maybe keep 2 tes go long on wrs or a FB until he comes back....

Praxit

Reaction score
..dont think he makes the squad now. Probably put on PS.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Haven’t heard one thing positive or negative about Sprinkle all camp and I’m all over those tweets and recap shows.

Same here. To be fair I don’t think the 4th TE gets many snaps.

with mckeons injury. Sprinkle is going to get his chance to win back the job.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The high ankle sprain to a rookie that was borderline with making the team......they will now stash him on IR and wouldn't doubt if it was for the whole season. That's the move they make they love to make with a guy like that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Keep Sprinkle (spray with Lysol to cover Commander stench) on the 53 and put McKeon on IR scheduled to return.

In two months, McKeon returns and Sprinkle is returned to sender.

that's why i don't worry about roster projections. reality makes decisions for you. you know players are going to get injured and if you wanna keep them it's a no brainer to IR them.

Carson

Reaction score
The high ankle sprain to a rookie that was borderline with making the team......they will now stash him on IR and wouldn't doubt if it was for the whole season. That's the move they make they love to make with a guy like that.
He is in his second year. He was almost certain for the 53. Reporters were saying he was lighting up camp. If not for Schultz he would be the #2

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Sprinkle wouldn't have made the team if McKeon didn't get hurt. But since Jarwin is just starting to get into full practice and Schultz has a more minor ankle sprain, he's the in-house veteran insurance policy now. As soon as McKeon is healthy I think Sprinkle is gone.
on the broadcast last night, they said he was the best blocking TE on the team & they felt the team was going to carry 4 TE's before McKeon's injury.

Carson

Reaction score
on the broadcast last night, they said he was the best blocking TE on the team & they felt the team was going to carry 4 TE's before McKeon's injury.
I believe that’s what they should do.

Schultz is likely gone next year and McKeon will be entering his 3rd season. He will be ready to backup Jarwin.

Sprinkles blocking is a huge plus. Buts he limited everywhere else I’ve read