Team Personality

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, McCarthy is your guy!

He has that down home, honest, this is who I am personality, of Bill Parcells or Jimmy Johnson.
He has experience dealing with today's players.
He got the record to back it up and the ring.

Can he get the Cowboys to a Super Bowl in his first year? Has any coach ever done that?

Had to look it up.

Don McCafferty was in his first year with the Colts when they won Super Bowl versus....Dallas.

So it has been done.

Has any coach ever taken two teams to the Super Bowl?

We have, Mike Holmgren, who compiled an 84-42 record with two NFC titles and a Super Bowl victory during his time with the Packers. Moving to Seattle he won 90 games, and made five straight trips to the playoffs from 2003-07. His 2005 Seahawks went 13-3 before losing to the Steelers in Super Bowl XL.

And Dick Vermeil, who in 1980 took the Philadelphia Eagle to the Super Bowl. (Don't have to tell you they lost to the Raiders.)
He left the NFL sidelines for 15 years before returning to the St Louis Rams. In 1999 the Rams won Super Bowl XXXIV.
He took a year off, returned the Kansas City for 5 years and took the Chiefs to the Divisional round in 2003.

To borrow a phrase from Jerry, "Everything is in front of this team."

I think Red Miller took the Broncos to the SB his 1st year, and lost to the Cowboys in SB XII

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Unfortunately we need more meat and potatoes kind of players on the team as well. I really hope this coaching staff instills some toughness and edge to the players because that’s one of the greatest weaknesses we have..coaching was our biggest problem but number two was our weak soft players. Let’s hope the coaching make these spoiled brats man up.

morat1959

Reaction score
Above average, not elite. Not extremely accurate. Serviceable and a good leader, but needs discipline.
We’re close. Here’s mine...Average, slow at reading defenses and going thru progressions, poor pocket presence. Great leader, tough as a lightered knot, says the right things in front of the camera. Can’t carry a team on his back but only a handful can in the NFL.