*****, teams are cutting players all except cowboys

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I've read where 5:00p.m. on Saturday is the dealine, and as a rule, we've never been one of the early teams at announcing who our cuts are. I imagine we won't hear much, if anything, until the actual deadline.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
This is funny. When it's FA period it's "OMG we are not signing ANYONE! Were doomed!!!"

Now it's "OMG, Were not cutting ANYONE! Were doomed!"

I wished we could make up our collective minds.:D

jman

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
*****, other teams are cutting players, bears, partiots, texans, but what are the Cowboys doing, no cuts,.

They always wait till last minute to make cuts, then other teams can grab up good players, while we have to wait.

Why, oh Why, for once I was hoping we could get a good player or two from cuts from other teams.

Yep, that's what we want...players that can't cut it with their own team.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Parcells made the comment after last nights game that he was in no mood to talk about cuts. He was PO'd after the game and is probably giving himself time to cool off so he can take a rational look at things before making up his mind. I think that is a very wise choice on his part.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe said:
Why, oh Why, for once I was hoping we could get a good player or two from cuts from other teams.
Other teams are cutting good players? If they are so good, why are they getting cut?

trueblue1687

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Other teams are cutting good players? If they are so good, why are they getting cut?

uhhh....because there are better ones ahead of them maybe? Pretty sure you are gonna see that with the Cowboys today. Rest assured there WILL be good players cut from every team.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
trueblue1687 said:
uhhh....because there are better ones ahead of them maybe? Pretty sure you are gonna see that with the Cowboys today. Rest assured there WILL be good players cut from every team.

It's true, they could get a player from a team that is rich at one position, like we are at LB and DE. Perhaps an OL from a team like KC, or someone like that.

However, we're deeper than most of the teams out there at most positions, so I wouldn't expect that to occur.

I could see us picking up someone who looked particularly effective on punt returns though, as long as they played well in other aspects of special teams.