Teams have been keeping it close with Philly, can we?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Several games this year, teams have given the eagles a scare, by keeping them off guard, and making them actually work hard. Can we put in a good fight to make them work hard??? If we do, I KNOW we will be successful and come through with a win. Please give your thoughts

Bagman

Reaction score
There's one common denominator in teams that have either beaten Philly or played them very well. YOU HAVE TO MATCH THEIR PHYSICALITY. Getting great physical play from our Oline and Dline is what we need. Period. If we can run effectively and push the pocket consistently on defense we beat Philly.

starfan1

Reaction score
What kind of question is this?

Washington stinks, why wouldn't Dallas be able to?
see arizona game lol. We should be able to keep it close but if their front kicks our OL tail then we get deer in headlights dak and it could end up ugly. But i think your right we should keep it close.

Last edited:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Based upon teams have slowed their offense, and everybody and I mean everybody is putting points up against them...if we struggle to score and stop them, we are not who many of you think we are, lol. I still have no clue what to expect

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Last year's first Eagles game was like the SF game this year. Big national media game, Eagles came out full force to play, and had the backup Cowboys QB on top of it. A more recovered Cowboys played the second game and won albeit, against Eagles backup this time.

Look forward to this week's matchup. QB vs QB. Some say Eagles are struggling vs last year. Maybe in that they aren't dominating as much, but still only have one loss. Not going to be easy. If Cowboys can win this game, my faith is renewed they are fighting for Playoff sucess after that San Fran disaster.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The first series or 2 will tell the story. Normally in these games, we go 3 and out quickly, and the opposition has a huge drive.
Agree. Very moody team. Easy to predict what will happen sometimes by the first few series. That's the last few years. Always surprised when they comeback from a downer first quarter.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Prescott will be coming in hot off his best game, he has no fear of Philly like he does SF.

Their secondary is soft, if we get a lead on 'em; we should and can pressure Hurts into a loss

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When Philthy attempts to punch Dallas in the face, just duck. If they can withstand the beginning, Dallas has a good chance at a win. Tough, physical teams give Dallas problems.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
While I understand there are obviously exceptions and outliers in history, this is a division game. The 2 best teams in the division at that. It'll be a slugfest. I don't see either team running away with the game.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
There's one common denominator in teams that have either beaten Philly or played them very well. YOU HAVE TO MATCH THEIR PHYSICALITY. Getting great physical play from our Oline and Dline is what we need. Period. If we can run effectively and push the pocket consistently on defense we beat Philly.
I would say the common denominator is committing to the run.

SanFran is as physical as they come. Eagles out physicaled them and delivered a beat down.

Teams like the Jets and commanders....that just keep running running running.....even if it's for 2 or 3 yards a pop, shorten the game, make them impatient, and flip the script.

It seems counterintuitive since they're the #1 rush defense, but that's how they are built, to make you abandon the run and force you to pass pass pass. If you refuse to fall into that trap, it screws up their plan

Toro9

Reaction score
Several games this year, teams have given the eagles a scare, by keeping them off guard, and making them actually work hard. Can we put in a good fight to make them work hard??? If we do, I KNOW we will be successful and come through with a win. Please give your thoughts
If we can force Hurts into ill-advised throws we have a good chance. We have the pass rush and playmakers on defense to do just that. Be aggressive!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Prescott will be coming in hot off his best game, he has no fear of Philly like he does SF.

Their secondary is soft, if we get a lead on 'em; we should and can pressure Hurts into a loss
Ugh, it sure would be nice to get that 49ers monkey off of Dak's back. Has to happen sometime........right...........RIGHT??!!! :huh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If we can force Hurts into ill-advised throws we have a good chance. We have the pass rush and playmakers on defense to do just that. Be aggressive!
That sound like a good plan to use against every team the Cowboys play.