Teams have been keeping it close with Philly, can we?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yeah, it doesn't work that way. I'm guessing you didn't notice that DEN just beat KC? Gnats beat the Commies last week, and we beat the Gnats by like 400.

Not only are the matchups extremely different for every game/team, then there are injuries and a host of other facets to consider. Hey, Pats just beat the Bills, we beat the Pats and badly. So, we are better than the Bills? Pats beat the Jets, Jets beat the Eagles, we beat the Jets, OMG, the Broncs beat KC and we beat the Jets who beat the Broncs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are the best team in the NFL, hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um yes that's exactly how it works, based on the logic of the OP.

kskboys

Reaction score
A) No it's not B) The Eagles moved the ball at will and scored 38 points. Washington didn't "control" anything. What they did was commit to a passing offense, and exploited Philly's defense.
I respect Homerism.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I respect Homerism.
Numbers are numbers.

The idea that the Commanders' DL controlled anything in a game where they gave up 38 points (and two ~70-yard drives that ended in fumbles) is ridiculous, especially when their own offense threw the ball for 400 yards.

Stak78

Reaction score
The only good team they’ve played is the Dolphins, and they won. We have yet to beat a good team.

mldardy

Reaction score
Morning drinking again?

This isn't even close, dude. WASH has the 3rd best DLine in the NFL.
Give me a break with this crap. Their dline isn't better than ours. The Cowboys had the second highest pressure rate going into this weekend. The Commanders have the 2nd worst defense in the NFL.

Why don't you take that drink that you suggested and drink yourself to sleep because you clearly aren't paying attention. Washington's defense is awful.

Last edited:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Y’all played Josh Johnson in that game
I was talking about the Eagles v 49ers. I am not a "yall" to either team....but that doesn't keep me from being an unbiased evaluator of what I see.

And they played Josh Johnson because they beat the hail out of Purdy and sent him to the hospital. It's not like they just got lucky and HAPPENED to not have to face Purdy (who everyone now is saying isnt any good anyway) Purdy was JUST fine after he beat us the week b4.... not A scratch on him. They also beat the hail out of Josh Johnson.

Point being....they are just fine playing a Super physical game. It seems they struggle, however, with teams that do the opposite of what they want them to do: run it, and keep running it, all through the game, regardless of the YPC.

shabazz

Reaction score
Several games this year, teams have given the eagles a scare, by keeping them off guard, and making them actually work hard. Can we put in a good fight to make them work hard??? If we do, I KNOW we will be successful and come through with a win. Please give your thoughts
I have read here, at least 100 times, that Dakota owns the Eagles

Therefore I’m fully expecting a Cowboys win tomorrow……by a huge margin.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Several games this year, teams have given the eagles a scare, by keeping them off guard, and making them actually work hard. Can we put in a good fight to make them work hard??? If we do, I KNOW we will be successful and come through with a win. Please give your thoughts
Stop brown
Stop that pretend qb from running
We'll win
End of

Dallas by 10

Dakota

Reaction score
News coming out now is that hurts has been playing with a knee injury for the last 4 weeks. He can no longer run. He is a sitting duck. He is no longer a dual threat and in fact, with his struggles throwing the ball, he now represents no threat. In addition jalen carter suffered a back injury and is questioable. Things are finally looking up for us, a hobbled QB and their best defensive player suffering a back injury. I can feel it, these are the breaks we need. This week is our moment to shine.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Unfortunately for the Boys, teams like the 9ers and Eagles are the elite teams in the NFL and getting fired up for every opponent's best shot at them isn't easy, except when these two teams hookup against the Cowboys. It seems like both the 9ers and Eagles think they're playing for a SB berth when they play us and it has been showing on the score board lately. The Cowboys have to come into this game against the Eagles on Sunday with only one thought in their head and that's kicking the living sh^t out of those bald Eagles.......................

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I was talking about the Eagles v 49ers. I am not a "yall" to either team....but that doesn't keep me from being an unbiased evaluator of what I see.

And they played Josh Johnson because they beat the hail out of Purdy and sent him to the hospital. It's not like they just got lucky and HAPPENED to not have to face Purdy (who everyone now is saying isnt any good anyway) Purdy was JUST fine after he beat us the week b4.... not A scratch on him. They also beat the hail out of Josh Johnson.

Point being....they are just fine playing a Super physical game. It seems they struggle, however, with teams that do the opposite of what they want them to do: run it, and keep running it, all through the game, regardless of the YPC.
Miss, you’re an Eagles fan remember

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I have read here, at least 100 times, that Dakota owns the Eagles

Therefore I’m fully expecting a Cowboys win tomorrow……by a huge margin.
You should update your calendar. Retiree’s really taking Fall forward seriously this year

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
News coming out now is that hurts has been playing with a knee injury for the last 4 weeks. He can no longer run. He is a sitting duck. He is no longer a dual threat and in fact, with his struggles throwing the ball, he now represents no threat. In addition jalen carter suffered a back injury and is questioable. Things are finally looking up for us, a hobbled QB and their best defensive player suffering a back injury. I can feel it, these are the breaks we need. This week is our moment to shine.
We've seen players be hurt and still look magical

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Three teams in a row have beaten San Fran, but we got curb stomped by them.

You can't compare games.
You know that's not me!!! I don't go saying oh they did that and that, and WE should fair well and do that against them, nope!! I said CAN we, not we ARE

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I will be disappointed if it's not a good game.

These two know each other well, it's a division rivalry, both are trending in the right direction, and I expect neither team will lay an egg in this one. Should be a close one 'til the end.

Birds should consider just dropping this game to avoid the 2023 Cowboy curse. The Cardinals and 9er's are collectively 0-8 since they beat the Boys.
yikes

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Miss, you’re an Eagles fan remember
Oh geez. I'm here to talk football and have serious discussions. If your more interested in personal jabs and ridiculous things like this, don't waste my time. If u have an actual football matter u want to discuss....then I'll reply

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
What is wrong with Hurts?

I heard several people more familiar with them than me that he was injured or something?

Happen against Wash? I wasn't watching them sine we were playing at same time

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
We match up well with Philly and I think we've learned a lot as we move throughout the year. Yes, we can not only keep it close, we can beat them. We'll need to spread the ball around and give Dak time. Obviously we feed off turnovers and Turpin is due to bring one back and or make a big play on offense. Hurts is running less ( I think his knee is bothering him) and he's been turnover prone. We win the turnover battle and keep AJ Brown under control, I like our chances.