tell me why our D isn't...

btcutter

Reaction score
like the Raven's, Steelers or the Bears????????????

I watch these defenses play and they play with a sense of urgency. They tackle and hit with ferocity that I just don't see with the boy's D. We have just as much talent on D as any of these teams.

The other D seems to love to play D and look for the next big hit, play, INT or score. Where as our D look and pray to get off the field so our Offense can't play.

Damn, don't we have a butt load of talent at CBs so why are we not pressing instead of that damn soft zone that's killing us slowly. :bang2:

When was the last time that you were excited to see our D on the field? When did you ever trusted this D to stop a 4th and 1 let alone a 3rd and 2 or 3. This D doesn't strike fear into opponents and doesn't exude confidence.

Isn't Wade hired for his Defensive genius?? step it UP!

slick325

Reaction score
btcutter;2299115 said:
like the Raven's, Steelers or the Bears????????????

I watch these defenses play and they play with a sense of urgency. They tackle and hit with ferocity that I just don't see with the boy's D. We have just as much talent on D as any of these teams.

The other D seems to love to play D and look for the next big hit, play, INT or score. Where as our D look and pray to get off the field so our Offense can't play.

Damn, don't we have a butt load of talent at CBs so why are we not pressing instead of that damn soft zone that's killing us slowly. :bang2:

When was the last time that you were excited to see our D on the field? When did you ever trusted this D to stop a 4th and 1 let alone a 3rd and 2 or 3. This D doesn't strike fear into opponents and doesn't exude confidence.

Isn't Wade hired for his Defensive genius?? step it UP!

In one word.....AGGRESSION! The D Coordinators for those squads are very aggressive and their players are as well. They attack constantly and dictate to offenses what they can and can't do.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
If we continue on this path im all for firing stewart and promoting campo to DC. When Campo had Deion and Kevin Smith it was bump and run all over the field and that allowed him to bring more pressure. I'm sick and tired of this team playing passive especially on third down,that's when you should be bringing the heat.

These guys also need to learn to take proper angles when blitzing. We seem to do just enough not to get the sack. Did you see that corner blitz from the ravens last night? He took the proper angleand finished off the play. I think Campo is better suited for this defense.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
For the last 4 years we have given up over 300 points.
The way it looks this will be number 5.

Team History
YEAR W L T PF PA
2007 13 3 0 455 325
2006 9 7 0 425 350
2005 9 7 0 325 308
2004 6 10 0 293 405
2003 10 6 0 289 260

Looks like the same old defense just with better defensive players. Doesn't make sense.

Aven8

Reaction score
1. I think we don't have any leaders out there. Just a bunch of talented guys looking for a paycheck.

2. But remember also....these are all Parcells guys...other than Zach and Hamlin. Wade hasn't ever had a chance to make any of those calls because we have so much money wrapped up in that thing.

3. Another thing...we don't have any pass ruchers.....I know we have Ware...but Ellis was never that great at rushing the QB.

4. Ware, God Love him, is not put in any position to make plays. Everyone talks of him being Defensive Player of the Year, but how?? Remember the year we played Atlanta against Vick? He was a stud that year....he still is, we just don't use him correctly. What do you think Pittsburgh, or the Giants would do with this guy? Now your talking 20 sacks, two picks, and a td!

5. Tnew is overrated. That's not a bad thing...he's just not Deion, or even close.

6. Bradie James is not that great...he should be the stud of the defense at that position, and he's not. It's not his fault.

All in all, we overrate our defense....it's solid, but we need a lot of new players IMO. Hopefully our O can cover for it. I think we need some vets (outside of Zach) sprinkled in. All of our guys, including Zach and Hamlin, have never really won anything.....they need to learn what it takes to win.

And if you guys saw Ray Lewis last night....that guy knows how to win!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I harped for Ray Lewis then, and I'll still do it now. He's the guy I wish was a FA this offseason. As much as I like Zach, Ray Lewis brings a defense to a whole nother level.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Future;2299256 said:
I harped for Ray Lewis then, and I'll still do it now. He's the guy I wish was a FA this offseason. As much as I like Zach, Ray Lewis brings a defense to a whole nother level.

Yeah, but those guys don't grow on trees...

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Future;2299256 said:
I did too...as soon as the season was over...and people laughed at me. I was happy with the Zach signing, because I knew he would bring that businessman approach to this team. But he is not the demonstrative type...and we need them. I started a thread that says Dallas needs to get rid of all the posers on defense....and I always thought Bradie James was a fraud....then he bounced back and I started to believe he was legitimate...but I am starting to wonder about him again.

We have no speed in our front 7 other than Ware

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2299264 said:
Yeah, but those guys don't grow on trees...
I know, which is why I wish we had gotten Ray Lewis when there was a possibility.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think those defenses all play very aggressive and we simply do not. We're always in that wait and react mode instead of attacking and killing mode. At least that's just how it appears to be to me anyway. I'm no coach so I could be way off.

btcutter

Reaction score
Non of the teams that we talked about have all pros at every position. why is it that their D cood and coaches can get the MOST out of their guys and we don't???

if we got the D secondary then if it takes to rush 5 to get pressure then do that. what are the coaches waiting for???

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
2. But remember also....these are all Parcells guys...other than Zach and Hamlin. Wade hasn't ever had a chance to make any of those calls because we have so much money wrapped up in that thing.

Pacman, jenkins, scandrick, brown, spencer, rogers, johnson were not parcells guys.

Aven8

Reaction score
theebs;2299522 said:
Pacman, jenkins, scandrick, brown, spencer, rogers, johnson were not parcells guys.

I was referring to the starters!

Most of them are Ireland guys though.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Didn't the Steelers just give up 20 points to a rookie QB who was not even supposed to see any playing time this year? A Ravens team that has no true #1 quality receiver and whose O-line is average?

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
It's not the talent thats a problem its the way we play D IMO. Pac is the perfect example. He likes to play close and one on one. He likes to jump routes and make plays. That kind of play does not fit our style and because of that I feel we have handcuffed him. I feel this general idea is true for the whole defense.

MONT17

Reaction score
This D has always been filled with ankle biters the only difference between last month and this month is the games count.